• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Bank update released, compatible with Gen 7

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It seems there a bug with the pokedex feature.
Whenever I scroll through the Hoenn section, around Swampert - Cascoon, Bank locks up, and I get an error message.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
So are they not adding a national Pokedex to Sun and Moon, only to the bank?

Yes, only to the bank. It acts as a sort of collated super dex from all your games.

[EDIT]
-Small quirk: Looking at the legendaries in the pokedex, their type colours twinkle. You can rotate the twinkling by rotating the 3ds. Cool.
-Looks like its only for Mythicals and Cover Legendaries.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Remarks:

This will probably be old as heck by now, but what the hey - "It's been 3000 years..." :S^^

-I'm surprised the update came this early since BulbanewsNOW tweeted that Nintendo Hong-Kong press release; I thought the update would've been released on January 31 or something..

-The Pokémon from "Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow - Virtual Console Edition" get 3 perfect/flawless individual values (IVs) and Hidden Abilities? ^^ So cool...! ...although it kind of makes my copy of Pokémon FireRed Version pointless (mostly in regards to Pokémon where the Hidden Ability currently outclasses their primary Ability and/or secondary Ability. Especially with the legendary Pokémon, since the Legendary Birds now get their Hidden Abilities and good IVs).. ;-; It kind of seems unfair because all of the Generation-3-originating Pokémon are stuck with their crappy IVs (if they have those at all), despite potentially having existed longer as individual Pokémon than all of the "Generation 1 Virtual Console" Pokémon... The randomized Nature was expected, although it kind of makes things like a gamble and kind of balances things out...? XD The perfect-IV also kind of seems like an "apology" of sorts to the cartridge-based Generation-1-originating Pokémon not being legitimiately transferable (at least not through normal means in which you don't have to jump through hoops with modification via computer programs).

-Aside from the 3 stats with the IVs that are converted to perfect/flawless, I can't tell whether any of the RBGY Pokémon preserve their other original stats; they seem to be recalculated...?

-Although I don't even have one, it sucks that glitch-obtained Mew are apparently nontransferable, in addition to MissingNo. (which apparently doesn't even exist)..
--Regarding Mew, it just makes the annoying time-gated and place-gated "event Pokémon" concept even more glaring.. >:(
--Regarding MissingNo., this was the one chance it had to be retroactively added into canon; why didn't it happen? MissingNo. has such a cool concept, and it's much more intriguing than some actual official Pokémon, like Basculin. -_-
--Nevertheless, rofl at Lexarius's Reddit comment; it even (kind of) rhymes {XD}: "PokeTransporter says lol no and skips your Mew and Missingno."

-Apparently, the glitch Pokémon 'M may be transferable as a Kangaskhan if it forgets its illegal moves, which would be neat..

-The fact that the RBGY Pokémon get their own little "Game Boy" icon is adorable. {<3} Although, this is again at odds with Generation 3-originating Pokémon, who are equally Game Boy (Advance) Pokémon, too!

-This realization came later after reading other people's comments, but if the Hidden Abilities are guaranteed, that specifically blocks "No-Guard Fissure Machamp"/a Machamp that knows the move Fissure and has the Ability of No Guard! @_@ >:(o_O{D:}:| I would not be surprised if the "Hidden Ability" floodgate was instituted specifically to (somewhat lazily) avoid the Machamp problem.. There is no real reason to grant all of those Pokémon their Hidden Abilities when all of the other pre-Generation 7 migrated Pokémon don't get it either. But this would easily be solved if Game Freak would just let the freaking Ability Capsule permit switching to a given Pokémon's tertiary/Hidden Ability already/as well!!! Like, come on/sheesh!

-The Mewnium Z giveaway sounds neat (although it's yet another event-related thing that I will most likely be missing out on...sigh). Genesis Supernova (that term reminds me of something...) looks like an okay Z-Move, although I'm guessing that Mew will have other options that might even be better (if you even have a move). And that Z-Move stone is going to be mighty useless for the myriad of players who don't have official Mew, especially since it will likely be nontransferable to Generation 8 Pokémon games (if those even become a thing).

-I wonder how the new Pokémon memo looks..? (like caught location, Poké Ball used to catch a given Pokémon, etc.)

-I guess National Dex makes more sense with Pokémon Bank, although I'm still one who plans to transfer all pre-"Pokémon Sun and Moon" Pokémon to Pokémon Sun and Moon in case of unique Ribbons/prizes (and due to SM being en route in getting them in the most current Pokémon game release), if any.. But it still feels a little lazy that the non-Alola-Dex Pokémon don't get new entries.. I mean, I kind of expected that anyway since Game Freak tends to re-use the old ones nowadays, and that's a whopping 721/802+ entries to come up with, but it would be nice to get an updated Pokédex entry once in a while..

-I found it adorable that Poké Transporter got another lease on life with the Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow rereleases.. At first, I was thinking that the Relocator from Pokemon Black and White was the thing that got re-used (rather than existing solely for transferring five specific Pokémon), but alas, that was not to be..

AZ's Floette and Light of Ruin when, plz?

Last edited:

rawcomrade91

Check out my reviews at SwitchJoy.net
Years
This is fantastic news. I saw the news break first on Serebii, so I grabbed my 3DS and updated everything. :P Got all my competitive Pokémon from Alpha Sapphire (Mamoswine <3) as well as my 6IV Dittos, so now I'm ready to jump in on the Gen 7 competitive scene! :)

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
^I believe you can, yes

also aaaa finally. i transferred most of my pokemon from OR to Moon! Now I have a lot more of my pokedex filled. also, does anyone know if i can get a skitty? ;V; i tried looking in the gts and there were none.. :c my bab

edit: 900th post ayyy gotta get schwifty

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
^I believe you can, yes

also aaaa finally. i transferred most of my pokemon from OR to Moon! Now I have a lot more of my pokedex filled. also, does anyone know if i can get a skitty? ;V; i tried looking in the gts and there were none.. :c my bab

edit: 900th post ayyy gotta get schwifty

Skitty, as in in Moon? No. You can get it in OR though.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
'Pokemon transferred will retain their original ability' - Guess I'm going to have to breed for a Slush Rush Beartic.

Hidden Abilities for Gen 1 Pokemon is a nice touch. An easy way to get Drought Vulpix or Effect Spore Vileplume in your game.

Whilst Mewnium Z is nice as it finally gives Mew an item it is frustrating as a lot of people will have missed out on the event Pokemon for whatever reason and it seems Game Freak won't make Mew catchable in any game.

I'm pleased Bank is out in January but where are the Missing Mega Stones?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I enjoyed using Pokebank's latest update, but sadly, it's not without issues. It glitched at me numerous times when the Bank didn't expect my Alpha Sapphire game to have almost all of the Pokémon registered in Gen VI. Even though checking the Dex via my X save file fixed this issue (due to having registered quite a number, allowing the Dex in Alpha Sapphire load properly), I think Pokébank have to fix the overloading issue just in case.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
YES!!! ICE-PUNCH BEWEAR IS REAL NOW!!!!!

I have a bunch of Stufful with both TPunch and IcePunch since December WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP FORGETTING ABOUT SKETCH?

Well time to retreat from society and start breeding like crazy.

theclaw

Haruhi Mania
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
'Pokemon transferred will retain their original ability' - Guess I'm going to have to breed for a Slush Rush Beartic.

Hidden Abilities for Gen 1 Pokemon is a nice touch. An easy way to get Drought Vulpix or Effect Spore Vileplume in your game.

Whilst Mewnium Z is nice as it finally gives Mew an item it is frustrating as a lot of people will have missed out on the event Pokemon for whatever reason and it seems Game Freak won't make Mew catchable in any game.

I'd be happy with American Virtual Console Mew. We get it, cheaters had a year head start. The joke isn't funny anymore.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Stinks that we can't transfer Mew from Blue/Red, but I guess that makes sense considering we just abused a glitch for it. Still, hopefully we'll be able to get one for Mewnium-Z soon. Anywho, I'll be looking forward on using Pokemon Bank quite soon! Gonna transfer some pokemon from ORAS. ^^

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
Years
Well, guess I'm going to download Bank for the first time this weekend! It sounds like it's going to be a tad bit buggy, but that's fine. I'm sure Nintendo will notice the issue and release a patch. For now, I can take advantage of Bank and transfer my OR Shinies, HA Starters, and Dream Ball/Apricorn Ball Pokemon.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
So nice to transfer all my pokemon, the real annoyance though is definitely no national dex in sun/moon. I just dont get it, it makes it difficult to organise your pokemon in game without some external resource.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years

You have to buy all the stones again in the battle tree

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
It's just occurred to me that the RBY Pokemon always having their hidden ability makes hidden Ability Legendary Birds and Mewtwo a thing. Need to catch them at some point.

I'll be moving over my Shiny Lilligant Jessica when I get home from work. I think I'll be moving my Shiny Blastoise Blue over too (Mega Blastoise is usable in the Battle Tree after all) once I get a couple more ribbons on him. :)

Back