• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Cosplay!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The little squirtle baby made me think up this thread.

Pokémon Cosplay!

Have you cosplayed as a pokémon? What are your favorite pokémon or people to cosplay as in that case? Do you make your costume yourself?

Let this be a discussion thread for dressing up as pokémon or people related to the pokémon universe!​

Years
    Well If i ever made a cosplay or anything similar to it that would be for my future babies as I am too grown up for that kind of stuff. Seeing the picture below made me think people are still crazy about pokes at big age

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Seeing the picture below made me think people are still crazy about pokes at big age
    Haha, watch what you are saying. You are an active poster on a pokémon forum on the internet. How is that not being crazy about pokes too ;)

As for me, I have only dressed up as a pokémon once or twice for parties. I'm not a cosplayer and only ever dress up as fictional characters (or real!) for special occasions like masquerades.

I did see someone dressed up as a pretty convincing Cubone some year ago though. Kudos! Never knew how she made that bone. Hope it wasn't a real one :x

I've yet to cosplay but would like to! It sounds very fun. :) There are many cosplay images out there that really intrigue me and make me want to try it out. Look at this one I found on Tumblr; it's amazing!

Spoiler:

I think if I were to cosplay I'd probably try and make part of the costume myself and get other parts online.. probably wouldn't be very patient to make it all myself, urgh haha.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I love gijinkas but I haven't personally dressed as a Pokémon before! I've wanted to for comic cons but I'm not creative enough to make an outfit, so I'm doomed to forever dress as simple anime characters </3 My favourite:

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I've never cosplayed, but my old housemate has dressed up a pikachu for nights out quite a lot though ><.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've yet to cosplay but would like to! It sounds very fun. :) There are many cosplay images out there that really intrigue me and make me want to try it out. Look at this one I found on Tumblr; it's amazing!

Spoiler:

I think if I were to cosplay I'd probably try and make part of the costume myself and get other parts online.. probably wouldn't be very patient to make it all myself, urgh haha.
    That is amazing! She really looks like the character, and even like a doll haha. I never liked the BW girl's design much, but this image kind of makes me like it more :) Looks a bit more refined somehow, rather than, hm, trashy.

I love gijinkas but I haven't personally dressed as a Pokémon before! I've wanted to for comic cons but I'm not creative enough to make an outfit, so I'm doomed to forever dress as simple anime characters </3 My favourite:

Spoiler:
    Haha, of course that is your favorite ;) Sandshrew!

I've never cosplayed, but my old housemate has dressed up a pikachu for nights out quite a lot though ><.
    Nights out? I doubt clubs here would let you in if you were dressed like an anime monster, haha. Did you go somewhere special or did he just do it as a joke?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Oh god if you go to a comic con (or generally any dress-up occasion) you see sooo many of these. Pikachu is by far the most common Pokémon that people dress up as, closely followed by Misty & Ash (yes they're now Pokémon get over it), and surprisingly Jessie & James seem pretty popular too. It's odd that you hardly ever see May, Dawn or Iris cosplayed - I'd have thought they'd be more relevant than Misty by now haha.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Long ago, I believe it was my idea for last Halloween, I wanted to cosplay as James. Never did it, instead I ended up buying something else (can't remember what it was - not Pokemon related or Halloween related either).

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
    I have cosplayed as Dawn and May. And nobody is to old to cosplay unless your like 100. if you watch a show on the SyFy channel called Heros of Cosplay then you would understand. I made one and I also bought one. Dawn is really expensive to buy premade.

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
    I keep saying I'm going to cosplay as missingno.
    And I swears I'm gonna do it!

I promise I'll post pics once this happens.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
    Years
    I love Pokemon cosplay, although I've never actually done it myself.
    Most of the costumes are amazing! Look at this one from deviantart:
    Pokémon Cosplay!

Do you see now why I like cosplay so much?
    On the other hand, you have....*sigh*...these guys...
    Pokémon Cosplay!

:|.......My childhood is bleeding in my hands.;-;

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've thought about cosplaying but never actually done it before. If I had to pick a Pokemon character that I looked mostly like, it'd be Lorelei sans the gross red hair. Blonde Lorelei!

Though if I could pick any one and not worry about accuracy, I'd go with Dawn or Erika. They have the cutest designs and they're both my favorites.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Omg that Teddiursa is so cute.

Also this
    Pokémon Cosplay!

Is pretty funny ^^ But inventive, imo! How else should you cosplay Butterfree? Maybe some pokémon aren't meant to be cosplayed xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This thread is over two months old, so your post counts as thread revival, BonkersRider. However, I shall let it slide for this time, as I fear this thread would not be recreated otherwise. Please do take your time to read through the PokéCommunity rules though, to avoid reviving threads in the future.

So to everyone - feel free to keep posting pictures or opinions on pokémon cosplay here!

Back