• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    i have a glitch, after beating your rival if you walk a little you will see his sprite, if you talk to it your game freezes

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I just found four things:

- the rival doesn't turn when he's supposed to be talking to you at New Bark
    - apparently, nicknaming the starter Pokémon doesn't work (at least, it didn't work on any of the three to me)
    - cannot use E.Rope on Sprout Tower (haha! I got this one also a lot of time ago :laugh:)
    - there's a Pokeball above Route32's Pokecenter which cannot be taken

Probably there are some spelling mistakes on the extra scripts (I just remember a "whas" on Crystal's script at Violet), I'm not gonna be too annoying at those (but some other people may get, so be more careful)

It was really good, Kike! It's visually astonishing... Just, I'd like to see a few new tiles (I'm a bit sick of FR's tiles... But that's just me...)
    And you've made a good use of Emerald's variety of music... The Sprout Tower one was kinda creepy :P

So, now that C.Shards was released will you retake Opal/Coral, or you will continue a bit more with C.Shards, Kike?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    I'm here just to say; the gameplay was incredible! I got a little angry with the intro at the beginning, but once the game actually started I was amazed.

Here's a "glitche" for you:

- When you open the door, the upper tile above the door also is changed.

That's pretty much all glitches I have found that don't involve anything said above... ;)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Well there are a few glitches but overall the beta is just astonishing.
    It looks really good. Keep it up

~Celebi

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    2 things:
    1. When you are starting out and naming your character, the overworld walking next to your name doesnt appear until you change your character set to lowercase or numbers
    2. You never obtain the Running Shoes. I just use the Speedup key to make up for it

Last edited:

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    Nice work, I played through beta 1. No glitches exept for one in azalea town. If you lose to Silver, you come back to the event spot amd you see him sitting somewhere and If you talk to him it freezes.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
    Wow people, those glitches are so many! I remember when I published the FireRed version it whas glitchy too, but, I will correct those glitches as soon as possible and then release a 1.5 beta.
    What really atonishes me is the fact that with so many glitches the people still liking it. For you people I will correct all those bugs!

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
    Pretty good hack. But I'm really sick of all those FR tiles.

Off Topic:
    Will You continiue working on O/C now?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I applaud you Kike! I am just astounded at the exact replication of the original. that is very hard to do (especially on scripts where most would paraphrase). I played through the beta and aside from the door animations (which have been there since the preview) its very good and not riddled with bugs around every corner as most betas are. :t357:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    2. You never obtain the Running Shoes. I just use the Speedup key to make up for it

Have you reached Violet? There the other hero you didn't chose should be and should give you the Running Shoes (I can confirm this, and in case it would something related to the starter chosen, I choose Chikorita)

...Though I also got bored of speeding it up till I got them, gotta admit it :P

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Um, How come when you set the clock it is... pink?

Other than that, this is a pretty nice Crystal remake.

Also when I saved in the Kabuto puzzle chamber in the Ruins of Alph, and resumed playing the game after closing VBA and reponing the ROM, when I exited the chamber I ended up in Azalea Town, coming out of the building that connects Azalea and Ilex. In Azeala town I saw Silver, while Bugsy was not defeated and I did not save the save the Slowpoke...

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I have a few suggestions.
    No.1: You should change the Silver battle music back to R/S/E Rival battle music.
    No.2: You should change Team Rocket's battle music back to Team Aqua/ Team Magma battle music.
    No.3:(That's the future Betas) I want R/S/E Elite Four Music and its defeated music!!
    Otherwise, that's a cool game!!

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    Hey, I ve found a glich.

Inside Earls Academy to the left of the middle-left desks.
    There is an invisible block (movements permission glitch I assume)

//44tim44

jj_olli

It's coming...
    Years
    AWESOME WORK, Kike, but I found two small glitches, the left path with the asistant, where you get the potion, he still moves and doesn't move to you and after getting the amulet coin the text box of the mother doesn't disapear. But still good
    EDIT: in the sprout tower you can stand on the upper part og a ladder which is going up xD.

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    No.1: You should change the Silver battle music back to R/S/E Rival battle music.
    That's a pretty good suggestion, but I personally like the idea of having the battle music like that... first of all, it's originally from FR/LG, and second of all, it goes good with the battle. (It's pretty intimidating music!)

And I think you changed the PokeCenter music, because it sounds way better!

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Have you reached Violet? There the other hero you didn't chose should be and should give you the Running Shoes (I can confirm this, and in case it would something related to the starter chosen, I choose Chikorita)

...Though I also got bored of speeding it up till I got them, gotta admit it :P

You're right. I thought it would be like other GSC remakes and obtained with the Amulet coin. But he apparently made the hero you didnt choose a recurring character. So far this hack seems to be a 99% GSC remake. Why don't you make a contest in Goldenrod City to replace one of those buildings with no doors. Or replace the Game corner.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Why don't you make a contest in Goldenrod City to replace one of those buildings with no doors. Or replace the Game corner.
    That's a very good suggestion. Adding a contest, hm? Maybe you should add that inside of the Game Corner. You can have the normal Game Corner slots, plus a Contest.

And about the "99% GSC remake", I think that's probably fine because there is really nothing to add from New Bark Town to Violet City.

Years
    I started playing the beta yesterday, and it's pretty awesome so far. I'm a huge fan of the Crystal Version, so I really like this game.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or brought this up, but I came across some rather... oddly-leveled wild Pokemon while traveling through Route 29 and 30. On Route 29, I ran into a Level 12 Pidgey. On Route 30, I ran into two Level 11 Caterpies. I also had the misfortune of running into this beast on Route 30...

Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

My only Pokemon was a Level 8 Cyndaquil, so I found this slightly intimidating…

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I started playing the beta yesterday, and it's pretty awesome so far. I'm a huge fan of the Crystal Version, so I really like this game.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or brought this up, but I came across some rather... oddly-leveled wild Pokemon while traveling through Route 29 and 30. On Route 29, I ran into a Level 12 Pidgey. On Route 30, I ran into two Level 11 Caterpies. I also had the misfortune of running into this beast on Route 30...

Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

My only Pokemon was a Level 8 Cyndaquil, so I found this slightly intimidating…

Huh? This doesn't happen to me. Sorry, but another glitch. If you picked Crystal, Silver won't appear to battle you in Azelea Town.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back