• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    This hack looks good.
    When its finished it will most likely be a excellent hack.
    Cant wait till its completion!
    And the next beta!
    Good luck Kiki

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    I like this hack a lot :D
    There aren't heavy tileset mods... I like that, because it gives the game a more original feel :P
    Good luck with the hack ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Just in case it might help:
    With the legendary dogs they change location every time you move from one map to another, and they do so into the next grassy area in a random direction on the map. Also I think they change location after a certain number of battles, this is from personal experience with silver and I think crystal is the same with Raikou and Entei.

I have played over 500 hours of silver (I was hoping to get to 999:99 one day) and I was shocked when I discovered that there wasn't an official remake of gsc. Shinygold looks alright but I wanted something true to gsc and this fulfills that.

Last edited:

PlasticPokeball

Another Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2008
    Wow. The game looks very impressive. Good luck with it.

By the way, I think the game's banner is awesome. Nicely done.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Your Goldenrod looks very familiar. Did you by any chance get it from GSCPlatinum with permission or make it from scratch and it just happens to be the same. Here is what it looks like there:
    Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
    Hey, it's been a long time without any updates! Well, I can't tell how much you have to wait for updates, since I'm taking pretty long vacations. This doesn't mean Crystal Shards or either Opal/Coral are stopped.

As you know I try to collect some good ideas in order to improve the hack's storyline and other aspects.
    Per example, for Crystal Shards, I took some events of the Pokémon Special Manga. As we know, there's a new Rival, wich is Crystal/Gold. Our rival will appear in some ocasions with the star characters of Pokémon Crystal in some brand new scences.

So this time that I'm not phisically working on Crystal Shards or Opal/Coral is used to get some inspiration.

For now I will answer some questions:
    About the Goldenrod Map:
    Well, since the Tiles are included on Fanking Omega's Tileset, I decided to use them. And the map "skeleton" is taken from the original games (Crystal). The resullt: the same map that platinum have. And yes, it's a pretty funny coincidence, as anyone wich uses those tiles and the original map design of Crystal.

Oh, also, a question relative to secret bases:
    There's not any secret bases planed, but instead you can decorate your room with Cushions and Dolls.

That's all for now. The Crystal Shards will start to shine again, very soon.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
    Hey! What's up?
    I just wanna say that I'm working again in the hack.
    I have finished some places in Goldenrod, like the Underground, without the Siblings. I can't find something in Pokémon Emerald to increase your Pokémon happiness, like Daisy in FRLG.
    I someone knows where I can find such thing, that will be really appreciated.
    I did also the Blooming Beatiful Flower Shop, you can buy some berries there too. I used the tiles of the RSE flower shop.
    Right now I'm doing the "Industrial" Tileset, the one used on Team Rocket Hideout.
    This tileset is almost done, when I complete it and the Radio Tower I'll show you some screenshots.
    That's all for now, See ya!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, Kike wants to keep the FR style, so there's nothing that can be done about that. But, since he has to rework on all the tilesets at least he's able to pull good tiles combinations, which makes maps look nice.

The industrial tileset? Where would you be using that, Kike? At the Radio Tower? (or maybe at the Underground Rocket part?)

Yep, it's true, Emerald doesnt have an event to increase the happiness of the Pokemon, other than walking and Soothe Bell and that stuff... What a pity... :(
    Meh, I guess people will have to work hard if they want to evolve their beloved Golbats! XD

I'll wait for those screenshots, good luck!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    ^lol, my Zubat evolved to Golbat... at.. umm level 22? Then at the next level up it leveled to Golbat lol!
    On Emerald and on FireRed it's sure easy as hell leveling up the Pokemon...
    Oh, the Exp. Share also helps making the Pokemon happy, it's really useful...
    Anyway, This hack brings me back that feeling again... It's really "Crystalish"
    Crystal is my favorite version of all time :P and I just love how Emerald fits this hack perfect, with the moving Pokemon sprites and also the "PokeGear" ;)
    Even though there are other remakes out there, I like this one because it really gives me that original Pokemon Crystal feel, and doesn't look that much of a "hack"
    It looks like some chinese mafios leaked an advance version of GSC from nintendo :P
    I wish you good luck with the hack.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
    Hello people! How're you?
    Today I've finished the Industrial Tileset, used on Radio Tower and other future locations.
    The screens are over here:

Underground

Radio Tower

Blooming Beautiful Flower Shop (You can buy some stuff here).

Also a big thanks to Zel for the minor tile additions to the Industrial Tileset. (Sorry for don't asking you first, I just realized they're yours when I already put them on the ROM xD).
    Also I'm trying to do something with Buena's Password, It's a pretty complicated script if you ask me. I think I will use the Battle Points for the Blue Points.
    That's all for now. See ya!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    lol the Underground looks more like a mall to me XP

I guess you are using the five original questions don't you... boring...

Well, keep it up. By the way, are you checking deeply how the tiles are working right? ('cause you know how messy stuff can get when changing tiles... Well, maybe 'cause I hate tile changing...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back