• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
  • The things look really nice and the flowershop tiles from Emerald work perfect with the tiles from FireRed. I'm looking forward to the next Beta. Keep it up ;).

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    You could set your undergrounds map's weather to dark.
    I remember that place being dark when playing GSC... Set the weather to dark XD or modify the pallete.

Agnessa

Future Camera Operator
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    I have played Crystal Shards for quite a while... And NOW I find out it's a hack o.O

But I still think it's fantastic! I love it... Despite that door bug! I think it has been adressed before... You know, when you enter a building, the tiles above the door change =S

Still, I'm SO looking forward to it! =D

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    sweet new tiles and screenies, Kike! :D
    But I still think it would look best if you make those orange floors shiny and reflect the OverWorlds on those, but I think it's not quite easy to do so, but oh well...

Looking forward for more updates. ^^

Years
  • I spot a little tile error on the fourth screenshot- but this hack is looking 'asdfghjkl YAY'~
    Had to post XD I don't know... I'm just really excited for this ^_~ The screenshots look too awesome.

^destinedjagold, ooh, reflective floor WOULD be a nice touch, though it looks fine without that, interesting point~

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Hello people!
    It's time for some hot screenshots!
    Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

It's the Bike Shop!

Hey, look at the new Gym! It's more pink now!

I already have won three badges? That's good!

These are all the screenshots that I'll show you today.
    Also I've found a utilitie for the Pokémon News Machine: It will give some info about bug fixes, and release-related stuff. Isn't that cool?
    The release of Advance Map 1.90 makes possible fly around Johto with a nice world Map!
    That's all for now, Cya!

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • This hack is looking awesome! Its really taking shape. The tiles look cool even though I still have'nt got round to completing beta 1. Even though i dont like the idea of it being a complete remake (since I've played silver and crystal loads of times), but I can live with it. I like your graphics better than Zels but Zels better than yours since its not a complete remake. I like them both equally :). I also like yours since it is a hack of emerald it has many things fire red does not have.
    Anyway, good luck with the hack and the screenies look nice. The gym looks very good :)

Last edited:

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Really, it's hair color doesn't matter for the overworld sprites, because they use default palletes, it will be the most accurate color combination possible.
    Also I'm quite bored of this hack **deletes all the hacking folder**

Joking!
    Crystal Shards is going really good, I just have some annoying bugs, but they not interfer with the gameplay so much... Really, the hack is looking great, I'm looking forward to finish the B2, but I guess that will take a pretty long time, I'm just on Route 35, without all the scripts, and some stuff unfinished back in Goldenrod. The beta2 will be up to Cianwood, if it's possible, and you will see some cool new events occuring in the places between Goldenrod and Cianwood.

It's all for now. I will post some screenshots when I advance a bit on the mapping/scripting.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • The Lengendary Dog event is not really a big deal for me, since emerald can make wild both Latios/Latias. The problem will be change the wild Pokémon, but I'll se what I do. Since in Crystal just Raikou and Entei are wild, they will be the perfect replacement for Latios/Latias.
    And... Use diferent text colors per town? That's pretty unusual, also I never have seen that before... I don't think so...

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
  • Hello people!
    It's time for some hot screenshots!

It's the Bike Shop!

Hey, look at the new Gym! It's more pink now!

I already have won three badges? That's good!

These are all the screenshots that I'll show you today.
    Also I've found a utilitie for the Pokémon News Machine: It will give some info about bug fixes, and release-related stuff. Isn't that cool?
    The release of Advance Map 1.90 makes possible fly around Johto with a nice world Map!
    That's all for now, Cya!

The Lengendary Dog event is not really a big deal for me, since emerald can make wild both Latios/Latias. The problem will be change the wild Pokémon, but I'll se what I do. Since in Crystal just Raikou and Entei are wild, they will be the perfect replacement for Latios/Latias.
    And... Use diferent text colors per town? That's pretty unusual, also I never have seen that before... I don't think so...

Look at your screenshots, They have different text colour.
    This can be done in A-Text!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • you will see some cool new events
    Yay, new events. It was getting kinda boring playing a game when everythings pretty muh the same as the original. Just a little question, even though its probably pretty obvious but is Eusine gonna be in it and when you get all three dogs you can get ho-oh (Good times. :classic:) If it did happen that would be cool :)

This hacks looking super fantastic :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back