• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
  • Hello, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster, and I would like to say that I've followed three Johto remakes so far, and this one is my favorite. Now, I have a question.

Since there is time involved in the Pokemon Emerald programming (You know, in the beggining, where you have to set the clock), is it at all possible, and do you plan, to implement the day and night feature like in the original, where it would be darker in the night than the day, and lighter in the morning than mid day? This would be a neat, but not needed feature, so I could see if you didn't want to include this.

Day and night, if you mean when it gets dark it has to do with coding, not scripting, if it was not in emerald, it cant be done.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2007
    Hey, pretty decent hack dude. Hope it goes well and you adding any other events and places in?

Oshtoby

Kickin'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2020
    Hey, pretty decent hack dude. Hope it goes well and you adding any other events and places in?
    Honestly, I hope not. Only because I want a GSC hack that has nothing added, so I can enjoy the game with the classic flavor, only touched up in the graphics and engine department. I hope this, because it would be similar to something made by Nintendo this way. If this hack was like that, I would go out of my way to buy a Flash card, just to play it in real life.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2007
    you should complete with zel XD.
    >_<
    I'm sure your hack and his hack will be unique in a few ways though.
    Dude, the best of luck. :)

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • I'm loving this. Emerald does indeed have a lot of the features GSC holds.
    I'll be keeping a lookout for this. It's awesome.

EDIT: Both you and Zel oughta be working together ;)

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Emerald has a clock feature right? So if it has a clock does that mean day/night is possible?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I know that but was the clock related to any besides that, cause I didn't notice anything.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • The clock for Emerald is for berry growth and Eevee's happiness evos (Espeon and Umbreon)

There is no noticable differance however throughout gameplay

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    What about having the pallete change at certain times? or changing the weater to dark bit when it gets to be 6:00 pm

jj_olli

It's coming...
    Years
  • Kike, are you going to put in sevii or another region? I just thought, because it's a crystal remake and in the red remake there was a new region to, but keep it as you want, ^_^. And please post some updates and hopefully a first Beta :P.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I think Kike planned to put the Orange Islands in the hack (as far as I remember). Anyway, right now Kike has many projects in his hands, which means we'll have to wait a while till he updates.

Good luck Kike, in this and your other projects (I'm quite interested in that one... you know what :P)

jj_olli

It's coming...
    Years
  • Kike, if you need help with your hack in any way, I will help you (my favourite hacking-subject is mapping). ;P

PS: And maybe you will be the first to find a perfect working Diamond emulator. I read in another forum *cough* Platinum *cough*

*Shinigami*

死神
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2007
    I thought Kike was adding the Whirl Islands as a sort of Mini-region (I'm not sure, I think this might have been on the old CS thread)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back