• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 3 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Wow nice Hack! The exotic tiles made me very nasty and I look forward for beta 3 which I can explore with my wet water team

Wbr Murderlinez ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Hi everyone, I have some news! You might be wondering "what happened to the april release date?". Well, I did infact complete the beta, and for the most part it has been tested, HOWEVER I've recently decided to change my plans. I'm bumping beta 3 up to 7 gyms length from the original 6. I wanted to do this so there's a good amount of new content in the beta, especially since it's been 1 year+ since the last. Sorry for the delays, but I think that it's much better to do it this way (and you won't be waiting so long for beta 4 too!). With that said, here's a little update for while you're waiting:

sibe6UE.png

It's nothing big, but the pokedex now has an updated and correct location map! It's a small update but it took me a while to perfect and should be quite useful for finding Pokemon. And a little preview for one of the new fakemon, Stegrump!

Also, I have a question for everyone. Do you want me to release a document detailing stats/movesets for fakemon with beta 3? I've had quite a few requests but I'm unsure if the majority would use it. Let me know what you think!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Hi everyone, I have some news! You might be wondering "what happened to the april release date?". Well, I did infact complete the beta, and for the most part it has been tested, HOWEVER I've recently decided to change my plans. I'm bumping beta 3 up to 7 gyms length from the original 6. I wanted to do this so there's a good amount of new content in the beta, especially since it's been 1 year+ since the last. Sorry for the delays, but I think that it's much better to do it this way (and you won't be waiting so long for beta 4 too!). With that said, here's a little update for while you're waiting:

sibe6UE.png

It's nothing big, but the pokedex now has an updated and correct location map! It's a small update but it took me a while to perfect and should be quite useful for finding Pokemon. And a little preview for one of the new fakemon, Stegrump!

Also, I have a question for everyone. Do you want me to release a document detailing stats/movesets for fakemon with beta 3? I've had quite a few requests but I'm unsure if the majority would use it. Let me know what you think!

Hey chrunch, I personally wouldn't mind waiting a bit more, since this release is of your decision. As for your question, I would like a document of the movesets for Fakemon. That way, I can plan the moves it will learn before and after a Fakemon evolves.

Years
  • Hi everyone, I have some news! You might be wondering "what happened to the april release date?". Well, I did infact complete the beta, and for the most part it has been tested, HOWEVER I've recently decided to change my plans. I'm bumping beta 3 up to 7 gyms length from the original 6. I wanted to do this so there's a good amount of new content in the beta, especially since it's been 1 year+ since the last. Sorry for the delays, but I think that it's much better to do it this way (and you won't be waiting so long for beta 4 too!). With that said, here's a little update for while you're waiting:

sibe6UE.png

Don't worry. It's best to take longer and get it how you want it.
    I personally would love to see documentation on the Fakemon.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'd love to see the Fakemon documented. In the documentation, I'd like to see their typing, stats, movesets, and abilities.

Years
  • I'd like to see a Fakemon documentation too! When I first played this, I was like, who's Twejay? Is he any good? Turns out, he's excellent :D

Tyroz

In tenebris est et in nobis.
    Years
  • Also, I have a question for everyone. Do you want me to release a document detailing stats/movesets for fakemon with beta 3? I've had quite a few requests but I'm unsure if the majority would use it. Let me know what you think!

I would love to have a document for that, because in previous versions, I've had to open up the game to look at stats, and movesets.

It's good to see a sliver of light for the end of the tunnel on this, it has been a ride.

Years
  • Just downloaded the most recent beta and while I'm far from finished, having only just beat the first gym, I absolutely love it! It's such a visually stunning game, I've seen VERY few hacks that are this quality. I'm usually on the fence about Fakemon; some I love and some I hate. Sometimes they come out weird and it seems that not much effort was put into them, but that's not the case here! I love Twejay (still trying to figure out how to pronounce that lol) and I think Coboom is really fun (very cleverly named Fakemon evolution line!). I'm seriously looking forward to more updates and the final release, when it's ready.

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years

sibe6UE.png

I'd love to have some documentation.
    I just played through the entirety of Beta 2, it was pretty great! There were some certain fakemon designs I didn't really like (Fribitad and Coboom specifically), but other than that, it was quite fun discovering all the new species and waiting for them to evolve. I'm still wondering if Ribbing, Pinecrab and Dredrock will evolve further at some point.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    So I registered today just to point out a few minor errors, and suggest a few things.

Errors:
    1. If I use a key item (i.e. Old Rod) when I'm not supposed to, instead of saying Prof. Palm's name, it says "Oak: cloudsoda! This isn't the time to use that!"
    2. If I try to fish in the ocean on the shore of Azure Path, I get the Oak error message saying I can't. :C

Suggestions:
    1. A lot of the textures in the game move-- the ocean waves, waves coming onto the shore, flowers, etc. But not the pond/ lake texture, which I always kinda enjoyed, personally. I know the reflections ripple, but it just ain't the same.
    2. Speaking of flowers, for a game called "Pokemon Cyan", there sure is a lot of GREEN. @__@; And I get that the game is set in a region with lots of islands, but maybe you could tone down the saturation on the grass or trees? Or make them more blue-green? The original Sapphire and Ruby games are a good example of that:
    pokemon_advance_profilelarge.jpg

It might also help give the game more of an oceanic feel to it. The start screen has the Mantine and the islands on it, and I was all excited to be playing a sort of beachy tropical game. :D But that vibe disappeared the further into the game I got.

Or even better, add some variety to the flower colors That red is super bold, and it just looks kind of... 1st grade. Maybe they're just placeholders, but I feel like, again, Ruby and Sapphire could lend a hand here:

tumblr_n2qs3gnQ1A1t0izdco1_500.gif

Also, with the pond/lake textures, where the water meets the shore, it should be rounded. 'Cause then it gives the feeling that it's a natural body of water, and not manmade. Like look at the puddles in the screencap above: they're not perfectly rectangles or squares with 90 degree angles. :B

Years
  • Nice hack :) Only problem I have is that only useful starter is Totodile, as you can get great Fire Fakemon before entering first city and there are lots of decent Grass Pokemon everywhere

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2016
    I just finished beta two, its great game u are doing fantastic work, kinda feels not much to do between badges, i would like separated quests that force me explore game further, for example scientist that requires i catch 25 dif pokes for one of a kind poke, or raise item price high so money need to be used wise and not waste around, i found that is great way to engage players in game more, ... u started well with choices that would affect game but there were only 2 of them as i noticed by now, i hope for a lot more, can be simple... Npc comes and asks for 3 different item to deliver to him to help him, ect ect, sick miltank always works.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Nice hack :) Only problem I have is that only useful starter is Totodile, as you can get great Fire Fakemon before entering first city and there are lots of decent Grass Pokemon everywhere
    I see your point, although I have slightly nerfed the larfuse line in beta 3 (it was a bit too good for how early it evolves). Really there's not much I can do about it without making big changes. Rest assured though there are a lot of good water types, they just come a bit later.
    I just finished beta two, its great game u are doing fantastic work, kinda feels not much to do between badges, i would like separated quests that force me explore game further, for example scientist that requires i catch 25 dif pokes for one of a kind poke, or raise item price high so money need to be used wise and not waste around, i found that is great way to engage players in game more, ... u started well with choices that would affect game but there were only 2 of them as i noticed by now, i hope for a lot more, can be simple... Npc comes and asks for 3 different item to deliver to him to help him, ect ect, sick miltank always works.
    There will be a few sidequests in beta 3, and when you choose whether or not to join team rocket you will have to do missions for your side. I've also considered raising prices or reducing the money you get, because you can accrue a lot of money by the end of beta 2 and I'd rather players have to watch what they buy. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

PveqdM9.png
    TQ2JUHD.png

Thanks to cloudsoda, beta 3 will be the end of most of those annoying placeholder sprites. Gym leaders will actually look how they're meant to now, Professor Palm will no longer be a clone of Professor Oak, and the hero will have fully custom sprites. Once all the new sprites and graphics are done, beta 3 will finally be ready for a release! Trust me, it will be worth the wait, most of the problems with beta 2 have been addressed and the 7 gym mark will bring the game so much closer to completion! Let me know what you think of this update, if there's anything you want in beta 3 it's not too late to give me suggestions, I make sure to read them all. :)

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • I look thats sprites!
    The hack is going really good. The intro background reminds me to the Pokémon Platinum one and I like it.
    Good luck in your Beta 3, but I bet you can change the t-box in the battles p:

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
    Years
  • can you make tm's reusable if you're not already planning to i wasted leaf tornado once and had to restart from an old save file.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back