• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
This is a fantastic game that I was sadden when I heard it was cancelled but glad that it was picked back up and completed. This is what Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green should've been but failed at in many aspects. I love the incorporation of all the main characters, Red, Blue, & Green. The story was well written. A lot of questions were answered in this game that the original games lacked. It provided a connection to the Johto pokemon games which is a crucial part to the story if you continue on to play in the Johto region. The mapping was great. I love how the caves that usually cause me to quit a pokemon game were shorten. That made this game more enjoyable to me. I definitely recommend this game hack to all, especially to those who enjoyed the Kanto region.

My team:
Pokemon%20Dark%20Violet-0_zpsubx2lmd6.png

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Just started playing on Friday and I love it, I did play the previous version in 2014 and I loved it, but this one is much better. Currently in Vermilion City, hoping to jump back in later on.

Trainer 766

Can anyone list out all the custom moves in this game eg. Draco Bullet, Osmosis and the Special Poison version of Outrage?

Does Nidoking get that move as well?

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
I just wanted to say (I know it's late) congratulations on Hack of the year. You truly deserve it man. I'm actually thinking of trying this hack in the future. Good job man.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Congratulations! Chaos Rush. I'm so happy to see one of my favorite hacks have won.

Has this change ever made it to the final release? I can't speak for hardware, but flash cannon still seems to crash some emulators. (Of those I've tried, it crashes mgba and higan, while it works in VBA-M and mednafen.)

Also, nice touch with Celadon Hotel.

Edit:
I've since played through the rest of the game in mgba, turning off battle animations so that random Nerds or Scientists with a Magneton can't suddenly decide to crash the game. I also tried to document every little bug or error I found. They were all pretty minor, no crashes outside of flash cannon:
Spoiler:

Thank you for reporting the glitches. Now I have fixed most glitches you mentioned except for the following ones:
Spoiler:

To fix these, I'll have to rewrite the whole script(or completely change the maps/tiles), that may cause some new glitches(Even the chance is slim), I don't think it's worth it, so I decided to leave them alone.

As for the Flash Cannon glitch, it only happens when you play the game with Mgba and real consoles. I know, it's pretty annoying, I mean, why a rom hack can't be played on real consoles? It makes no sense. So, I have made a small patch to get rid of the broken Flash Cannon animation, I'm sure many people will need it.

Here's the main patch of the freshly fixed version of Pokemon Dark Violet:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7sv1bdyoq4b98b2/PokemonDarkVioletFinal2018V1Fixed.zip/file

Here's the patch for the Flash Cannon animation, it's for people who want to play this game on real consoles(Do make sure to patch it on a patched rom of Pokemon Dark Violet):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/a1ejzoi4mix21pz/PokemonDarkVioletFinalMoveFix.ips/file

I hope what I'm doing now can make more people know how good this hack is.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
I am surprised that very few people ask this and the very few that do don't seem to get answered. Is there is a list of the new pokemon learnset in the game? No one likes to waste TMs on pokemon who will eventually learn the same move through leveling up.
Is there a list of some sorts? The only list provided is the evolution list.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 9, 2023
Congrats on winning hack of the year. Would really love to try it out but documentation seems to be a bit lacking. Could someone at least list out the HMs for this game so that I can plan the HM move users out?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I think I've finished it, I've explored every nook and cranny in the Battle Zone and defeated a certain trainer, got the tickets. Is there anything else?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
I rly like that mewtwo can respawn again if u one-shot or blast it whenever you're going to get from Cerulean cave, also u can test if its special attack is lower (like getting a brave one or any other crappy nature); these others legendaries can't respawn so try to get a scizor with false swipe. I liked so much to play this hack, I was about completing dex, rn I've ~130 caught/evolved, all the legendaries, wut I dislike or find it lacks as most of hack games r the places to farm experience, I'm glad I was able to reach 999999 of money, so I could enjoy go shopping and these stuff that I void when playing, in fact I was able to make customs movesets for all my team pkmn to win w/o legendary, buy a porygon without spending more than 1 hour in slot machines. Now I've a timid porygon-z that sweeps everything there, anyway it's not the point of this post. I mean a postgame battle tower would be fine to earn items others than zinc/protein, it could deliver rare pkmn like tyrogue/happyni with even egg moves, these stuff that r annoying to breed. Battle zone r not bad but it less enjoyable when u finish battle and u look at the prize, also the pkmn r not healed when u rebattle gym leaders so u must go again back to the pc.

I believe the game is enough pretty to play it, just need a redo on technical stuff, like adding shinies rate more high, places for ev trainning, more exp from battles, a battle tower with level restriction from 30 to 100, I believe people would like these stuff. I had another ideas but I forgot them cuz I haven't internet by a long time, that's y I went to download some hacks.

Well, thx by read this post, I didn't appoint anything bad on this game, it deserves any prize it had won, I'm rly glad someone made it. Sadly linux version for recording video in v-mboy or however its called, rly sux so I can't upload any video from me playing.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 18, 2021
I believe I have found a bug, I was using an oddish, leveled up to 24 and the game froze

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
This hack honestly deserved ROM hack of the year. I've actually played through this 4 times when it was nothing but a lengthy beta and revisiting this is a true nostalgic treat. Thank you for this!

Trainer 766

Umm actually no it doesn't Red Chapter deserves it more than this game

Those two are different hacks with different goals and contents. Comparing them results in nothing but a flamewar. Just because you find one of them more entertaining than the other doesn't give you the right to judge which is the better for all players, let alone a competition which runs on democracy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
I have a pretty significant issue - upon entering Mewtwo's chamber in Cerulean Cave, I can't interact with it at all, and this essentially halts my progress. No events play either. Is there a way around this?

Back