• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokémon Diamond and Pearl latest titles to leak beta information

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl latest titles to leak beta information

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl latest titles to leak beta information

Prototype sprites, music, and character designs galore! Take a look a the many beauties offered in pre-release Diamond and Pearl.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Leaks, all the leaks! Joining the first 3 generations now is gen 4! Lots of interesting placeholders and alternate versions of generation four Pokemon, and more!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • gen 5 next please

....btw, GIratina's beta sprite is one of the most horrifying beta mons I've ever seen.
    A lot of these beta sprites though look rather unfinished. Rip @ the cute Shinx beta sprite. :x It's amusing, though, that the only Pokemon that are moreso final looking are the evolutions to old Pokemon & the starters. It makes me wonder just how far into development this build was.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Article updated with some more findings!
    gen 5 next please

....btw, GIratina's beta sprite is one of the most horrifying beta mons I've ever seen.
    A lot of these beta sprites though look rather unfinished. Rip @ the cute Shinx beta sprite. :x It's amusing, though, that the only Pokemon that are moreso final looking are the evolutions to old Pokemon & the starters. It makes me wonder just how far into development this build was.
    Party icons were up-to-date it seems, so probably these were older sprites than the development build they were in (June 2006). A bunch like Giratina were likely placeholders in the first place as well.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Article updated with some more findings!Party icons were up-to-date it seems, so probably these were older sprites than the development build they were in (June 2006). A bunch like Giratina were likely placeholders in the first place as well.

Yeah, I heard that floating around that they were placeholders. Makes sense.

----

On a semi related note, there's a March/April 2006 build that's also floating around online that's extremely unfinished. That build, though, doesn't have all the Pokemon in it... only some of the Sinnoh Pokemon are there. There's plenty of videos on Youtube about it already, but I'm too scared to link them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm absolutely in love with beta Probopass. Phenomenal.

Some of the legendaries are a bit horrifying, but it's interesting to see their thought process. I wish Pokémon released artbooks of concept art and progression that got the final designs to where they are. It would be so interesting.

Years
  • Why oh why didn't they use the Lumineon design?!
    It's so unforgettable as it is, the dark base color and colored accents would've been so much nicer!

Years
  • I had no idea stuff like this was being leaked, all of this stuff is super exiting. Though I have to say seeing the placeholders/beta pokemon is def one of my favorite parts out of it all :0

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    lmao that Arceus placeholder sprite

really the placeholder sprites kinda remind me of Pokemon Showdown AFD where all the sprites/models are for the day replaced with goofy MS Paint sprites

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I know the article doesn't mention it, but apparently, the source code leak found beta builds dated back as early as February 2006 and to as late as August 2006. The February build has drastic differences from both the March & June beta builds. But, I suppose that's a different Daily Article for a different day.

Also, upon watching a beta sprite video on Mixeli's Youtube channel, I noticed that most of the back sprites look completely unfinished. It makes me wonder at what point in development are sprites usually completed...

Back