• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I played the beta of this hack and i must say i thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well done, Kudos to you man. I just hope this does not end up like pokemon toxic purple which got discontinued.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2016
    I really like the beta and hope to see more of it in the future. One critique I've commonly seen on here is the fact that players can get a lot of pokemon quickly from stealing from trainers. I think one way you could counter that is by giving players the ability to sell their stolen pokemon on the black market. Having that option will give players the choice to collect a lot of stolen pokemon for themselves, or just have enough for a team and sell the rest for money.

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    JESUS ARCEUS CHRIST PLS REMOVE SWEARING
    Seriously Team Rocket is ruthless and believe in no god, in the series they hunt for legendaries birds, created Mewtwo for power, they just dont beg or yell about god.
    You could make the small or new members there use swear words, but not to more formidable members alright? I find it really stupid(yes,stupid,im not against rude for team rocket) when they use swear words.

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • I played the beta of this hack and i must say i thoroughly enjoyed it. Very well done, Kudos to you man. I just hope this does not end up like pokemon toxic purple which got discontinued.

Pls release new beta

Yo, I was just wondering how close you are to an update?
    Just posting to let you guys know I'm still around and going strong. June admittedly seems an ambitious release window now given that we have two days left, but I assure you I am getting the next release out there as soon as conceivably possible. Numbers feel quite arbitrary, but I suppose it's fair to say I'm around 60% done for the next release (of which probably more than 40% was done in the last month what with school being over) if that is at all consolidating.

You guys are the best. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to get the next version out sooner.

Machoke! It does look cool and loads of grunts as well!

As for the stealing thing, you could have a side chapter of maybe the Officer planting an old lady/young child for the player to fight... and if you steal it from those particular people the officer catches you and engages in a battle with OP Pokemon/just simply reprimands you by taking some money + the pokemon you stole away! Or you spend overnight in prison and some money gets taken away to release you (bail!).

And you could plant clues in the dialogue with those NPC's that tell the player to not steal from them.

Seems too complicated actually haha.

Or after you reach a certain stage of relevance in the Organization, it would be beneath you to steal from the young, sick and the elderly. And not every strong trainer would be weak enough after battle to offer up their Pokemon for capture.

I really like the beta and hope to see more of it in the future. One critique I've commonly seen on here is the fact that players can get a lot of pokemon quickly from stealing from trainers. I think one way you could counter that is by giving players the ability to sell their stolen pokemon on the black market. Having that option will give players the choice to collect a lot of stolen pokemon for themselves, or just have enough for a team and sell the rest for money.
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! I think you'll like what I've been implementing to even things out for the next release.
    JESUS ARCEUS CHRIST PLS REMOVE SWEARING
    Seriously Team Rocket is ruthless and believe in no god, in the series they hunt for legendaries birds, created Mewtwo for power, they just dont beg or yell about god.
    You could make the small or new members there use swear words, but not to more formidable members alright? I find it really stupid(yes,stupid,im not against rude for team rocket) when they use swear words.
    I just find it funny. I think we have a bit of a different sense of humor, but I appreciate the feedback nevertheless.
    I'm certainly not implying theism one way or another among Team Rocket members, I just found that my made-up Pokémon curses seemed to roll of the characters' tongues quite nicely.
    *shrugging emoticon*

AceTheHanyou

ShakeTheHanyou
    Years
  • Looks great, but I have the feeling like a customize character will do you more justice. Probably more hard work, than a grunt sprite. But if your character is working up to become a Crime Syndicate's boss or even it's Top Gun, you should have more flare. For example, don't know if you ever played Pokemon Resolute, but their character looked like potential team rocket leaders. Just Idea. Great start
    Also is the character mute, please give him/her feedback or options to choose from on how to respond.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 24, 2016
    Just played through -- looks amazing man! Can't wait till the next release. Do your thing man, keep the swearing, the stealing as is. It's your vision, your decisions as a developer! Remember, we loved this first beta without any input you got from us! The humor is on point I feel. Keep it up and kick ass!
    Also, let me know the minute you put the next one out! The episodic nature of these ROM hacks is entertaining in a way the original games aren't, since you can just blow past the whole thing.

colonelsalt

Years
  • Looks great, but I have the feeling like a customize character will do you more justice. Probably more hard work, than a grunt sprite. But if your character is working up to become a Crime Syndicate's boss or even it's Top Gun, you should have more flare. For example, don't know if you ever played Pokemon Resolute, but their character looked like potential team rocket leaders. Just Idea. Great start
    Also is the character mute, please give him/her feedback or options to choose from on how to respond.
    Do not. Want. To. Spoil.
    But you will be happy with what's coming.
    Just played through -- looks amazing man! Can't wait till the next release. Do your thing man, keep the swearing, the stealing as is. It's your vision, your decisions as a developer! Remember, we loved this first beta without any input you got from us! The humor is on point I feel. Keep it up and kick ass!
    Also, let me know the minute you put the next one out! The episodic nature of these ROM hacks is entertaining in a way the original games aren't, since you can just blow past the whole thing.
    Thank you so much. I will drop you a PM the moment I release, you have my word.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I felt the need to create an account just so I could tell you how much I enjoyed playing your beta. Amazing work, broh.

Reminds me of this hack I played a bunch of time ago with the same theme (playing as a Rocket member, I think Toxic something) and it's just as good if not better. I just hope we get a full version or at least a longer version to play because I liked this one all the way.

I've played a bunch of hack roms and I've just liked one or two, so I'm glad I found yours.
    The new sprites, the dialogue, the characters, the brand new storyline, there's nothing I disliked about the beta. I got nothing but props for you, sir. Please keep 'em coming.

PS: Just noticed the screenshots of the updates. Hyped!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Sep 22, 2022
    Hack seems great so far. glad somebody decided to continue toxic purple, and you did your own little twist to it. question, will second gen be in the game? Like umbreon and espeon? They had a tool called DNS (Day, night, and seasons) that adds..well, day night and seaons lol. Not saying add seasons, but the day/night feature could be interesting? Just a suggestion :)

Last edited:

colonelsalt

Years
  • I felt the need to create an account just so I could tell you how much I enjoyed playing your beta. Amazing work, broh.

Reminds me of this hack I played a bunch of time ago with the same theme (playing as a Rocket member, I think Toxic something) and it's just as good if not better. I just hope we get a full version or at least a longer version to play because I liked this one all the way.

I've played a bunch of hack roms and I've just liked one or two, so I'm glad I found yours.
    The new sprites, the dialogue, the characters, the brand new storyline, there's nothing I disliked about the beta. I got nothing but props for you, sir. Please keep 'em coming.

PS: Just noticed the screenshots of the updates. Hyped!
    Thank you! I am thrilled that you would make an account just to share feedback. I appreciate it!

The comparisons to Toxic something are, of course, always an honor.
    Hack seems great so far. glad somebody decided to continue toxic purple, and you did your own little twist to it. question, will second gen be in the game? Like umbreon and espeon? They had a tool called DNS (Day, night, and seasons) that adds..well, day night and seaons lol. Not saying add seasons, but the day/night feature could be interesting? Just a suggestion :)
    Glad to hear you liked it! Am considering including newer-gen Pokémon that are evolved forms of Kanto Pokémon, but other than that you will be seeing mostly the first 151 in the game. I have no plans for a day/night/season system, though, because I think it would somewhat detract from the FireRed feel (might have to think of some other evolution method for Umbreon and Espeon in particular, in other words).

Also I find your username humorous.
    love it already i hope the next beta is a little bit longer i didnt want to stop playing lol

Haha, I am so happy to hear it. The next beta will most certainly be longer.
    This looks great so far, looking forward to seeing its progress! Best of luck!
    Thank you! :D

Meanwhile, Lance has some announcements for the people of Kanto...

ppMrrMw.png

colonelsalt

Years
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I would also like to say that I created an account just for this. I played Toxic Purple a long time ago and I loved it. I am currently playing through your game, and I absolutely love it. I really am hoping to see it finished.

Back