• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen today
    I can't remember any other moonstones, but there might be it has been quite a while since I played it. But i doubt there are.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2019
    At what level do pokemon like Kadabra, Machoke, Haunter and Graveller evolve?

Years
    • Seen today
    Kadabra -> Alakazam: Level 33
    Machoke -> Machamp: Level 45
    Graveler -> Golem: Level 40
    Haunter -> Gengar: Level 40
    Onix -> Steelix: Level 36
    Seadra -> Kingdra: Level 50
    Scyther -> Scizor: Level 44
    Porygon -> Porygon2: Level 36

Edit: Straight from the updated Evo's from the discord server.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2020
    Is this still being worked on?
    I remember playing this a year ago and I loved it and I really hope there is more in the future

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2019
    I also would like to know when the next update is. To be honest I don't play many ROM hacks, the only ones I've played are Shockslayer's Pokemon Crystal Clear and Drayano60's Blaze Black and a few 3rd Gen hacks over a decade ago that only changed things to allow the full 386 to be obtained in game. This one has me interested, but I'll wait until it's completed before I play it since it would annoy me to get to where it is so far and then have to wait an unknown amount of time to play more, so I'd rather just wait until it's fully completed. Since I am waiting to play it until after it's completed, I am also curious to know how far from complete it is right now under the current 3.0 beta. I'll probably re-inquire about this after the next update too and keep an eye on the progression of this game until it is finally complete so I'll know when it's completed.

Oh and since I do like versions where you can obtain all the Pokemon, is the patch compatible with such hacked versions of FireRed?

I hope I'm not being too bothersome by asking all these questions. I just discovered the game today while watching Pikasprey's ROM Hack Box Episode 2 and instantly fell in love with the premise and design of the game as I saw him play thru the opening task of stealing the little girl's Pokemon at the beginning of the game. I haven't even finished watching him play thru the amount of the game he decided to play. I immediately Googled the game and read the entire first post and then proceeded to read the last page of posts to see if there were any posts regarding when the game will be next updated. Since I didn't see any posts by the creator of the game, I'm now making my own post to inquire about when the next update might be expected to come out.

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • Neither dead nor dying, but time between development cycles seems to fly by faster than it used to when I started the game five years ago ;)
    Thrilled to see people are still excited about the final release, and will get it out for you to play as soon as I can. I've clearly not been too active posting updates here, but have dropped a few mini-updates on the Rocket Edition Discord server over the past year, which has been kept active by a group of dedicated fans for a long time (even when I've been absent).

For those waiting to play more who maybe haven't been crawling my every move since October 2017, here's a summary of updates for the final release that I've shown in one form or another since then:

Gameplay screenshots
    Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Custom music previews - potential spoiler alert! Listen at your own risk
    (all courtesy of a good composer friend of mine - @Backwaxed on the Discord server)
    Graphical update previews
    (Admin revamps by Brolunite and Player revamps by strange_kid - both of whom have additional excellent spriting work that will be included in the final release)

As development carries on, it becomes difficult to show much of anything without spoiling key plot points to come. For the more tech-inclined, you can check out some code snippets from the final release that will reveal bits of dialogue. Anything I post won't include any significant spoilers - but nevertheless read at your own risk ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    nic nac coolsult is back good luck and let the mind flow like the cerulean river to the cave of greatness

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    Hey there. I wanted to say how much I enjoyed playing your amazing rom! It has a compelling story, and it really gives you the sense of viewing the same old story from a 3rd person perspective. I admit I was heartbroken when Bill suddenly told me that here it ends xD

Spoilers for the game following. (and annoyingly long text)
    Spoiler:

Following, I wrote a few suggestions that would make the game even better imho. I don't know whether you're open to suggestions or if it's too late for suggestions, or even if those suggestions are impossible to be materialized, but I still feel I should write them down :)
    Spoiler:

(Hope those suggestions help in any way :D)

BUGS:
    Spoiler:

That's pretty much it. I know I wrote a lot, but that's what happens when I love a rom too much! Can't wait to see the final version of this!

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Blair

ROMhack Maniac
    Years
  • Just started playing the romhack last night, found it via Pikasprey. The premise of playing as a Rocket Grunt in Kanto seems pretty interesting, and the implementation is pretty solid. My only gripe is the cell phone key item crashing the game, but man. I'm looking forward to the full version, even if the screenshots are a little spoilerific, I'll probably forget by the time I get to that point in the game! Might be a romhack that can be played through multiple times. Can't wait man, super stoked. 👍

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2019
    Is there a new version? I just got to the part with bill talking about the master ball and making one to catch a legendary other than mewtwo, then it said it was the end of the beta

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2022
    Damn, I remember when you started this project. Really happy to see it's close to being completed! :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I also would like to know when the next update is. To be honest I don't play many ROM hacks, the only ones I've played are Shockslayer's Pokemon Crystal Clear and Drayano60's Blaze Black and a few 3rd Gen hacks over a decade ago that only changed things to allow the full 386 to be obtained in game. This one has me interested, but I'll wait until it's completed before I play it since it would annoy me to get to where it is so far and then have to wait an unknown amount of time to play more, so I'd rather just wait until it's fully completed. Since I am waiting to play it until after it's completed, I am also curious to know how far from complete it is right now under the current 3.0 beta. I'll probably re-inquire about this after the next update too and keep an eye on the progression of this game until it is finally complete so I'll know when it's completed.

Oh and since I do like versions where you can obtain all the Pokemon, is the patch compatible with such hacked versions of FireRed?

I hope I'm not being too bothersome by asking all these questions. I just discovered the game today while watching Pikasprey's ROM Hack Box Episode 2 and instantly fell in love with the premise and design of the game as I saw him play thru the opening task of stealing the little girl's Pokemon at the beginning of the game. I haven't even finished watching him play thru the amount of the game he decided to play. I immediately Googled the game and read the entire first post and then proceeded to read the last page of posts to see if there were any posts regarding when the game will be next updated. Since I didn't see any posts by the creator of the game, I'm now making my own post to inquire about when the next update might be expected to come out.

I doubt their will be any future updates. Ive seen nothing for a long time. I would say this game was worth playing. Its well done. and fun.

Years
    • Seen today
    Don't be so negative Evergracedlain.

He is confirmed to be alive, so I hope the project is as well. Don't say its dead for sure before there is no sort of announcement saying so. It might take a long time, but good things just take a while.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Man! I'm so glad to see that this hack is back on track! I recently ran through the beta and even to this day, I'll say that the writing of this hack is one of the best.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I literally got on pokecommunity to check in the off chance that this hack might have an update. When I saw the comments and found out it was alive again man I am super excited. I've played a bunch of great hacks, but I think this is the one I've been most excited for. Keep it up bro. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Back