• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2021
    Lieber Entwickler

Es wäre schön wenn sie das Spiel Pocket Edition auch bitte in Deutsch raus bringen könnten.

Leider kann ich kein Englisch. Und so wie ich es bei YouTube sehe soll die Geschichte sehr gut sein die sie erzählen.

Und würde sie liebend gern selbst erleben ohne dass ich mir bei YouTube alles noch mal angucken muss.

Mfg saab93

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Translation of what he (Saab93) is saying:

Nice Developer

It would be nice (Basically "schön" means beautiful but is used as nice in this regard), if you could translate and publish the game in german as well.

Sadly I don't know english. And from what i saw on youtube the story being told should be really good. (It is :D)

And I would be happy to experience it myself, without watching it on youtube again.

With kind regards saab93

Edit: Forgot a word.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Translation of what he (Saab93) is saying:

Nice Developer

It would be nice (Basically "schön" means beautiful but is used as nice in this regard), if you could translate and publish the game in german as well.

Sadly I don't know english. And from what i saw on youtube the story being told should be really good. (It is :D)

And I would be happy to experience it myself, without watching it on youtube again.

With kind regards saab93

Edit: Forgot a word.

sadly you will have to join colonelsalt's discord since the link has been removed due to a certain salty user whining to the moderator about a certain dialogue that was seen as offensive.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    sadly you will have to join colonelsalt's discord since the link has been removed due to a certain salty user whining to the moderator about a certain dialogue that was seen as offensive.

I am in the discord^^
    I just translated for Saab.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2021
    Hallo

Bei discord bin ich nicht angemeldet.

Wär schön wenn es auch einen anderen Weg gäbe.

Ich wollte sonst am Wochenende mal schauen ob ich die Datei irgendwie auf bekomme. Und ob ich die Sprache selber ändern kann.

Wenn alle Stricke reißen muss ich es auf Englisch weiterspielen und mir die Story bei YouTube anhören.

Aber ich danke schon mal im voraus für die Hilfe.

MFG Bernd

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Hi, I'm new to the community and am a noob with anything computer...but where is actually the download link? Thank you all for having me, this will be the first rom I will download to play. thanks

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2023
    Sounds good, looking forward to future updates! Really weird they targeted you and this rom hack when they continue to host much more egregious hacks on this site.

Years
  • I am agog!
    I am aghast!
    Offensive language in my favorite criminal hack?

That aside, I'm pretty interested to see how some of the dialogue will play out with regards to the female character considering some interactions seemed REALLY predicated on the fact that the male character was indeed male.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • First things first, stay strong, Colonel!!
    Meanwhile, looking forward for more savagery, corruption, bloodlust, sabotage, massacre and most importantly Mayhem, Madness and RARE POKEMONS. lol. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2021
    Yesterdayi Played since a Long Time Again Some Pokemon Game but not what you Would Think if You Heard Pokemon i Played Pokemon Fire Red Rocket Edition :D

As The Name Sugests You Play as an Team Rocket Grunt not an Easy Task to be Started of but as The Story Goes on and Holy Moly The Story is a Big Plus Point in This Game The Whole Story Tels The Story from Fired but with some Realy Awesome and Cool Twists.

As you make Progress you can bring Your Rank Higher til you Finaly become The New Boss Of Team Rocket but Til it is so far you find out some Infos About Secrets you Never Had Thought of it.

This Green Haired Boy Here will be your most Loyal Friend and Companion on Your Way even his Carier Cause a lot of Trouble but How do You Handle The Collection of Pokemons Well there are Different Ways From Normal Catching with the Pokeball til to The Asopect of Take the One You want from Someon Even your Old Friend is Back and This Time with An Interresting Background Story The Varity is Huge to Catch/Steal.

But Who is The Antagonist this Time If you Already The Bad Guy Well it Defenitely will Come as a Suprise but when you Sudenly Hear The Ganons Main Theme you Know he Has Plans Nothing Good for You.There are some Sidequest Next to The Main Story all in All its Defenitelly Worth to Play and i Would Go So Far its The Best and Interresting Pokemon Hack i Played Yet. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Hidden by colours: rude post. if you have an issue with how we as staff do things, feel free to contact us privately.
    Did his post really need to be deleted? Sure, it could have come across as rude, but as far as I'm aware, "rude" posts aren't prohibited unless they serve no purpose. Colonelsalt's post was clearly meant to show his frustration and explain why the game had to be updated.

Years
  • Hey, everyone! Actions such as deleting a post as important as colonelsalt's game update don't go without an explanation and a bit of actual truth. From a public perception standpoint, it is completely understandable to see posts get deleted and see only one side of the story. So, let's start from the beginning.

Pokemon FireRed: Rocket Edition was hosted on this community for years. Throughout that time period, it has two pieces of objectionable/offensive dialogue that were present:

• a transphobic slur, and
    • usage of "gay" in a pejorative manner

The first sentence is important; just because a hack has been hosted on the community for years and has objectionable content does not make that content okay. It simply hasn't been reported or noticed yet, and that brings us where we are today. We reached out to colonelsalt to remove the offending material and he has done so to his credit, however reluctant he might've been. PC is a place for everyone. Bigotry, even as dramatic irony, doesn't belong in content posted on our site. This has always been our stance, which is why we reached out to colonelsalt about removing it.

It would be remiss of us, however, to not acknowledge errors where we've made them. Banning colonelsalt in hindsight was not the right thing to do, but we've made clear in his ban appeal that we have done so because he has left previous versions of his hack up which, to us, is the equivalent of not doing anything at all after being asked to remove said offending material. We interpreted this as an attempt to evade the verdict and took action accordingly. After a conversation with colonelsalt, he has agreed to remove all the previous versions of the hack since the offensive dialogue was present in all previous versions. Where we erred is that colonelsalt did consult with one of our staff beforehand and was under the impression that he was allowed to have them up. In this sense, his frustration is perfectly warranted.

On a personal level, I get it. I understand how frustrating and annoying it can be to have conflicting instructions on what the right thing to do is. However, justified frustration does not mean you should drag PC staff publicly in the mud. colonelsalt is more than welcome to reach out to us directly about his grievances and we can resolve any issues in a candid manner (as we have done so in regards to his ban appeal which is testament that things can be worked out, even if the fault is ours). Ergo, the post was removed because the snark was quite frankly unnecessary, as justified as it may possibly be. It misrepresented and misconstrued the situation as a whole, and painted us in an unfairly poor light. While we take responsibility for our error in judgment, it is unfair to drag moderation where they have little to do with this. It is our decision as administration and we will own our mistakes.

So, from this, we will strive to better our communication between staff to ensure this doesn't occur in the future. But as a takeaway from this that I hope is learned not just for colonelsalt, but for anyone: again, satirizing sexuality and identity is not okay. Consider whether the type of humour you choose to use in your hack is appropriate for PokéCommunity, because "it's just a joke, bro" logic isn't going to fly, here. When you make your hack public here in PokeCommunity, you agree that it abides by our rules and that it contains generally inoffensive material for everyone to play. If someone reports a hack or a fangame for offensive material, we have a duty to investigate and take action if it's necessary. Not everyone is going to share the same humour as you do.

Thanks for reading, and apologies to colonelsalt for the misunderstanding and the confusion this whole situation has generated in this thread.

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • It is convenient that moderators get to decide what criticism is too rude or "snarky" to be allowed on the forum when it concerns themselves (for one, I can't recall ever uttering the phrase "it's just a joke, bro").

But lest this post, too, should prove to paint staff in an "unfairly poor light", let me reiterate (for those of us without the luxury to rewrite internet history), that new updates to Rocket Edition will also be found on https://rocket-edition.com, and on our Discord server - regardless of what should happen here in future.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I imagine that no one really wants me to post here but

(for one, I can't recall ever uttering the phrase "it's just a joke, bro").
    I don't think that she was saying that you personally have ever used that line, it's just that "it's just a joke bro" is a terribly common line people use to "defend" bigotry and it's likely someone else was/is going to use that to protest the removal of the two lines of dialogue in question.

Sounds good, looking forward to future updates! Really weird they targeted you and this rom hack when they continue to host much more egregious hacks on this site.
    I don't know which hacks you're talking about, but whichever they are, if people could please report them to staff (with screenshots of the offending material) that would be great. ROM Hack staff does not have the time and energy to play the demos and scour the game files of every single hack that comes to this community--half the time we're aware of a fan game with problematic content, it's because a member alerted us to it.

Back