• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    Is rom hack so great i just complete is rom hack a few weeks ago also champion It's also a challenge but i like it :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2023
    Just finished the game and absolutely loved it. I really appreciate the credits too where you recommend new games to play.

My feedback:
    - I wish HM's didn't need to be taught to a pokemon in the party (this caused me to always carry 2 HM slave pokemon (Excadrill and Feebas) for Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Strength, Cut, Dive, Surf, Waterfall and thus made me play the majority game with only 4 Pokemon.
    - I wish the grass areas where Pokemon encounter, contain more varied Pokemon. Maybe this is not factually true but it felt to me like in long routes I would just encounter the same small set of Pokemon.
    - My favourite Pokemon happen to be Tyranitar and Salamence, a bit of shame they only appear so late in the game. I wish that was more varied too. But I understand how that follows the typical Pokemon game design.
    - I wish there would be a way to see Pokemon IV rating (S - E) before catching to make it less tedious to catch good Pokemon.

Bug:
    - I was able to use a particular stone to evolve I believe Scizor to some random Pokemon. Excuse the details as this was earlier in the game that I discovered this.

My team below here. There are so many Pokemon I played with throughout the game, second image is a box with some of my favourites.
    ecwOCuh.jpg

94qjIfJ.jpeg

Years
  • Is the next version going to be done on Emerald? A few posts in the thread mentioned that. Just wanted to confirm.

It is indeed being ported from decomp. This guy is just spamming nonsensical stuff, and mind you its from someone that got banned and alted multiple times in the past here and came back.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022
    I remembered one thing thanks to other hack: Pyroar in Gaia has wrong whistling-hissing cry.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • Pokemon Gaia Version. I'll add this to my list of games to play whenever I get the chance to stop play Gen 2 hacks!

And about Verloren 5, I got something to share that I feel like getting off my chest.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2022
    This is a very well made hack. Had a wonderful time playing it till the end.
    Encountered a bug, end of turn effects like Hail or Sandstorm damage doesn't happen at the end, instead it takes place after opponent's new Pokemon is sent out. So my mon and the newly sent out mon both take damage at the start of the turn.
    And some opponent kept using moves which have no effect, like Thunder Wave on Zebstrika with Lightning Rod and a Mamoswine using Earthquake on Aerodactyl ( although this might be banded ).

Years
  • I just started playing this hack based on the suggestion I got in a discord I'm in, and I gotta say I'm really impressed with it. This is exactly what I wanted from a fan game, new areas and a new interesting story to enjoy, keeping the same kind of tone as the original games rather than making it dark and edgy nice QoL changes, and an incredible amount of Pokemon. So many I'm having trouble making a team!

Anyway I was curious about a problem I seem to have run into. When I got to the second town, I went to the Poke Mart. I figured much like the original games I wouldn't be able to buy Poke Balls until after getting the Dex. That was true, but above the potions and status heal items there was an item called ???????? (dunno how many question marks, just many of them). It cost 0 Pokedollars and I could only buy one at a time. I "bought" a few but figured I wouldn't be able to do anything with them, it's just a dummy item to prevent me from getting balls. When I took the package to Professor Redwood and went back to the mart, the mystery item was gone and Poke Balls were in stock as I figured. Okay, no problem, I assumed.

Except now I'm getting Herschel to translate the tablet, and there's a woman behind the counter in the museum who asks if I want a souvenir. Whatever item is supposed to be here is replaced by the mystery ???????? item again. I beat the grunts and Herschel is waiting outside town for me, but it still won't show me the item. I'm curious, is this an issue of me not having technically unlocked the item yet, like the Poke Balls in the second town? Or is this item just unobtainable for me? And what even is it?

Since I saw an earlier post saying this could actually be an emulator issue, for the record I'm running mGBA, but an extremely old build of it, version 0.1.1 for Windows to be specific (long story of why that is). I saw there's a v4 in the works, so I'm not too worried if I'm just out of luck on this (I'm hoping to be able to run newer emulators in the near future too, anyway), but I'm mostly wondering if anyone else has run into this and what the problem might be.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    sG9avEy

Loved this game so much! Can't wait for the next release, it's everything a Pokemon hack should be - original, interesting, immersive and well thought out. Congratulations Spherical, you did an incredible job. The only glitch I ever encountered was the Hall of Fame screen!
    Here's my Hall of Fame roster - Braviary [Paco], Scizor [Mantis], Gyarados [Levi], Gardevoir [Faith], Infernape [Goku], Tyrantrum [Rex]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    From what I've heard, this Rom Hack is complete, except for the Post-Game content.

So, my question is: does the game black out after you enter the Hall of Fame? Or can you actually continue playing after beating the E4, but just there isn't any post-game content?

Years
  • From what I've heard, this Rom Hack is complete, except for the Post-Game content.

So, my question is: does the game black out after you enter the Hall of Fame? Or can you actually continue playing after beating the E4, but just there isn't any post-game content?

The latter; you can continue playing but without any postgame content.

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    So will the creator add a second region at some point?
    Would be sweet to visit Sinnoh or Johto with our Gaia protagonist.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    For me because i know it's been long time the author not making any activity in forum so i just hope someone make feature of auto run for this. I just hate keep pushing the button

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    I just noticed a moveset error. Not sure if the creator is still active here, but Ducklett learned Water Spout instead of Water Sport at level 3 (playing a randomized wild pokemon run but with normal movesets).

Probably a mistake giving a 150 base power move at level 3.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024

Pokémon Gaia Version - a hack of FireRed

Story

The storied Orbtus region was once populated by a prosperous civilization. They created several monuments to their gods and guardians. Their untimely demise was brought about by a series of disastrous earthquakes; all that remains of their society are their temples, idols and story, as relics of the past.

In the present day, local archaeologist and Pokémon Professor, Professor Redwood, has noticed an increase in the region's seismic activity. Propelled by a growing concern for Orbtus' safety, he seeks the assistance of new Pokémon Trainers with a flair for adventure in the rural Celanto Town, a seaside town near the mysterious totem poles, and your home! Will you, along with the help of the Professor and your rival, be able to prevent the earth from consuming the region once more?

Features

• The Physical / Special / Status split
    • Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos
    • New moves and updated move sets, accurate to OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, and with working effects and animations
    • Modern competitive items like the Choice Specs, Assault Vest, Ability Pill, and more
    • Modern abilities, ranging from Mega Launcher to Sheer Force
    • An in-battle Mega Evolution system, with Mega Stones hidden throughout the region
    • Fairy-type and the new type chart
    • Updated Pokémon sprites
    • Updated Trainer sprites and accurate over world sprites
    • Original songs, like Windmist City's theme and the battle music for the Elder Knights
    • Rock Climb and climbable walls
    • Dive and underwater maps, fully ported from Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald
    • Hidden Grottoes and Secret Temples, which reward exploration with rare items and Pokémon with unique move sets
    • The Bug-Catching Contest
    • The Battle Marsh, a Battle Maison-esque facility
    • Sideways stairs
    • Various quality of life changes:
    Spoiler: Minor features
    • The player faces Trainers before battles
    • Running Shoes can be used indoors
    • Pokémon, item, location, etc. names are in title case
    • A bonus Premier Ball is given for every purchase of ten or more Poké Balls
    • Repellents give reuse prompts upon expiration
    • Experience Points are gained upon Pokémon capture
    • Technical Machine items are reusable
    • Field moves have faster animations

Screenshots (as of v3)

titlescreen.png
    redwood.png
    reliquia_ruins.png
    relicanth_tablet.png
    wisp_forest.png
    oppos.png
    mega.png
    town_map.png
    11.png
    12.png
    13.png
    14.png
    16.png
    17.png
    18.png
    19.png
    20.png
    21.png
    22.png
    23.png
    25.png
    26.png
    27.png
    28.png
    29.png
    2.png
    3.png
    5.png

Team

Spoiler:

Special thanks and credits

Spoiler:

Tools used

Awards

Spoiler:

Frequently Asked Questions

• NOTE! The patching tutorials below refer to 1635, but 1636 should work fine as well!
    • How do I play on a Windows computer?
      Spoiler: Instructions for playing Gaia on a Windows computer
      Download the pokemon_gaia_v3.2.zip file in the Download section of this post.
      Extract all of its files into a folder.
      Find and download the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba ROM, and move it to the folder.
      Use the included patching programs (either NUPS or tsukuyomi) to apply the pokemon_gaia_v3.2.ups file to the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba file.
      Download a GBA emulator; I recommend VBA-M.
      Configure the emulator, ensuring that its save type is Flash 128 KB.
      Load the patched .gba file with the emulator, and play!
    • How do I play on an Apple computer?
      Spoiler: Instructions for playing Gaia on an Apple computer
      Find and download the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba ROM, and move it to the folder.
      Download a program capable of patching .ups files; I recommend Multipatch.
      Use the patching program to apply the pokemon_gaia_v3.2.ups file to the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba file.
      Download a GBA emulator; I recommend OpenEmu.
    • How do I play on an Android mobile device?
      Spoiler: Instructions for playing Gaia on an Android mobile device
      Download an app capable of patching .ups files; I recommend ROM Patcher, which can be found on the Play Store.
      Use the patching app to apply the pokemon_gaia_v3.2.ups file to the 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba file.
      Alternatively, follow one of the above tutorials and patch the ROM, then transfer the patched .gba file to your Android mobile device.
      Download a GBA emulator; I recommend MyBoy.
    • How do I play on an Apple mobile device?
      Spoiler: Instructions for playing Gaia on an Apple mobile device
      I am not aware of any apps for Apple mobile devices capable of patching .ups files. You could either: follow one of the above tutorials to patch your ROM, then transfer the patched .gba file to your Apple mobile device; or use an online patching tool such as https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/.
      Download a GBA emulator; I recommend GBA4IOS.
    • Can I reuse my save from previous versions of Gaia for v3?
      No. Unfortunately, creative decisions mean that saves from previous versions of Gaia will not be compatible with v3. You will have to start over.
    • What about my save from v3? Will I be able to use that in future releases?
      Yes, forwards-compatibility is planned for saves from v3.

For more, check out the #faq Discord channel.

Locations and Info [SPOILERS!]

Known Bugs

To see a list of known bugs, please visit the #known-bugs channel of Pokémon Gaia's Discord server. It is kept up-to-date with known bugs, and also indicates which bugs have been fixed internally (that is, bugs which have been fixed but the fix has not been released yet in a bugfix update). If you find a bug not at this link, please report it either here, in this thread, or in the #bug-reports channel of Pokémon Gaia's Discord server.

Download

• Gaia Beta v3.2
      Release date: 8th November, 2018
      Mirror Download: http://sphericalice.com/romhacking/hacks/gaia/pokemon_gaia_v3.2.zip
      Notes: v3.2 is a bugfix update for v3 (changelog). Saves from v3.0 and v3.1 ARE compatible with v3.2. However, as with v3.0, saves from versions v2.5 or before of Gaia are NOT compatible with v3.2. This beta ends after the credits roll in the Pokémon League, with all eight Gym battles, the full main story, and the Elite Four and Champion battles. Please read the included README.txt file for important information, or visit the Discord server linked above. On top of the purely new content added to this release, a lot of content has also been added in between Gyms, as well as lots of bugfixes from Beta v2.5, balancing, and in general the hack has a greater degree of polish. Saves from previous versions are NOT compatible with this version. There is no postgame in this release; there is a v4 planned which will tie up the loose ends of the story, as well as feature two new islands-worth of content, and more items, Pokémon and legendary encounters.
    Spoiler: Previous releases
    • Previous version v3.1: [dropbox] [mirror]
      v3.1 Release date: 16th October, 2018
      Previous version v3.0: [dropbox] [mirror]
      v3.0 Release date: 14th October, 2018
    • Previous version v2.5: [dropbox]
      Release date: 2nd November, 2015
      Notes: v2.5 is a content and bugfix update for v2.0. Saves from v2.0 are NOT compatible with v2.5. This beta ends in Precimos Island, with a total of six Gym battles. Please read the included README.txt file for important information. v2.5 introduces a whole host of new features, from Mega Evolution to The Bug-Catching Contest. A lot of content has also been added in between Gyms, as well as an additional sixth Gym. Lots of bugs from Beta v1 and v2 have been fixed, and in general the hack has a greater degree of polish. Saves from previous versions are NOT compatible with this version.
      Previous version v2.0: [dropbox]
      v2.0 Release date: 11th May, 2015
    • Previous version v1.1: [dropbox]
      Release date: 18th October, 2014
      Notes: v1.1 is a bugfix update for v1.0. Saves from v1.0 ARE compatible with v1.1. This beta ends in Windmist City, after the second Gym battle. Please read the included text files for information on how to try and use older saves to play, as well as for important things to note, incomplete things, as well as information regarding the new Pokémon, moves, and much more.
      Previous version v1.0: [dropbox]
      v1.0 Release date: 27th September, 2014

Randomizer

Happy new year, i know the current stat of projects pretty uncertain and i heard rumours saying it is the post game content unlikely to finish but still happy new year guy's i hope everyone is healthy and safe 🙏🙂👍

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2023
    Hello. This my first experience with a fan hack. I was looking for servicable walthrough that has any general mention of EV training locations. I spent a few minutes resetting my chimchar to get decent IVs and I dont want to ruin it by random training. Are the IV stats the same as vanilla pokemon? Poochyena gives atk EVs and so on. Thanks for any reply.

Back