• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    Quick question. Does super size Pumpkaboo or Gourgeist can be distinguished by their sound, like original, in this game?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2016
    Surfing Bug: After a battle in the battle marsh the pokemon i was surfing on became invisible and I can no longer walk back unto land. I'm stuck in this small body of water. Anyone know a way I can teleport to last pokecenter or something? until then I shall be aquaman and live life with my wooper breatheren

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Relatively new to the scene in terms of really considering making a contribution, and I had a question. And this seemed like the most appropriate place to ask it.

Would you or any of your team members be miffed if I were to use Gaia as a ROMbase of sorts? Is doing this - or even asking to - generally considered to be in poor taste? I mean, most people here seem pretty willing to share their work (as hackers) as to elevate the general standard of ROMhacking on the whole, but is this a step too far?

721 Pokemon implemented, a bunch of FireRed style tiles/OWs, Fairy-type, Mega-Evolution, and a plethora of new moves and abilities sounds a lot like the perfect ROMbase in theory, but is it too close to flogging someone else's work?

So, uh, in summary: pretty please?

Years
  • Relatively new to the scene in terms of really considering making a contribution, and I had a question. And this seemed like the most appropriate place to ask it.

Would you or any of your team members be miffed if I were to use Gaia as a ROMbase of sorts? Is doing this - or even asking to - generally considered to be in poor taste? I mean, most people here seem pretty willing to share their work (as hackers) as to elevate the general standard of ROMhacking on the whole, but is this a step too far?

721 Pokemon implemented, a bunch of FireRed style tiles/OWs, Fairy-type, Mega-Evolution, and a plethora of new moves and abilities sounds a lot like the perfect ROMbase in theory, but is it too close to flogging someone else's work?

So, uh, in summary: pretty please?

I've already basically been doing this for a few friends of mine so I don't see why not, go ahead.

I will respond to the rest of the posts in this thread when I actually have some work to show for it, progress has been non-existent for the past few months because of recent RL troubles despite me being on my Summer break so I'm afraid hacking has been pretty low on my list of priorities. The hack isn't dead, but don't get your hopes up for a substantial update by the end of this year either. Thanks for being patient.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • I've already basically been doing this for a few friends of mine so I don't see why not, go ahead.

I will respond to the rest of the posts in this thread when I actually have some work to show for it, progress has been non-existent for the past few months because of recent RL troubles despite me being on my Summer break so I'm afraid hacking has been pretty low on my list of priorities. The hack isn't dead, but don't get your hopes up for a substantial update by the end of this year either. Thanks for being patient.

Sorry to hear about IRL issues! Best of luck Sphice!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Hey guys i've been playing gaia since a week or so reallly addictive game and such cool story.
    Just one prob. my scyther does NOT EVOLVE into Scizor.
    WHY ???
    I badly need a scizor so please tell me what to do

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    [image redacted for censor bypass: it was asking what the code to the secret door in Aerous Museum is]

Any help please?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    hay awesome game and love the time and work you have put in to it i can tell by the quality that you really care about gaia i have one question. I know V3 isn't released yet and i am waiting for the day trust me LOL but in V2.5 i have a Wailmer that knows dive but it dont give me the option to use it. Is it not available for use in V2.5 and will be a patch for V3 or do i have a bugged Pokémon? Also i read in a thread that the V2.5 ends with 6 gym battles but i only have 5 and if there is a 6th obtainable badge i must be missing it somewhere.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    The clean fire red rom that you're using as a base for the hack is incompatible .If i'm not mistaken i can't give you a link for the correct one,but you can find it at 'emuparadise'. Go there,type 'pokemon fire red' in the search engine and download the pokemon fire red U version by Squirrels.I hope this helped you,have fun playing the game.
    Whenever I patched the Squirrels version with the .ups the "failed checksum error" still comes up. Also when there was mention of the ignore option I tried that and it worked but after the title screen glitched and jumbled noises play on a black screen. What's going on here?

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    hello!, i have a problem, after of windmist city, one kidler named milan, (i found him name) no talk, only show a white sqare, someone solution?. THX

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    Whenever I patched the Squirrels version with the .ups the "failed checksum error" still comes up. Also when there was mention of the ignore option I tried that and it worked but after the title screen glitched and jumbled noises play on a black screen. What's going on here?
    As for why the glitches you mentioned above appeared,it's probably cause the rom you used was a different one than what spherical ice used to make the game.The probable minor differences between roms caused the glitches you mentioned to appear.As for which rom is the correct one,i can absolutely assure you that the correct rom is the U version by Squirrels.If you read the README.txt file that's downloaded along with the 2.5 pokemon gaia version .ups patch you will see that the rom spherical ice used as a base is that one.I have also used that particular clean rom to patch the game onto and have had no problems.I even double checked by downloading the rom and pokemon gaia version 2.5 again right before i started writing this answer.I suggest going to the site i mentioned before (emuparadise) and downloading the correct fire red clean rom by Squirrels to patch the game onto.I hope this was helpful and have fun playing the game,it's worthy of the award hack of the year in my opinion and i highly recommend it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2024
    How were you able to figure out and change the flowers to be a wild encounter area and some not? Is it possible to make surfable areas not be entire wild encounter spots and have only select water tiles be instead like grass patches on land? If so I would be very appreciated to know or have a link to some kind of tutorial.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    As for why the glitches you mentioned above appeared,it's probably cause the rom you used was a different one than what spherical ice used to make the game.The probable minor differences between roms caused the glitches you mentioned to appear.As for which rom is the correct one,i can absolutely assure you that the correct rom is the U version by Squirrels.If you read the README.txt file that's downloaded along with the 2.5 pokemon gaia version .ups patch you will see that the rom spherical ice used as a base is that one.I have also used that particular clean rom to patch the game onto and have had no problems.I even double checked by downloading the rom and pokemon gaia version 2.5 again right before i started writing this answer.I suggest going to the site i mentioned before (emuparadise) and downloading the correct fire red clean rom by Squirrels to patch the game onto.I hope this was helpful and have fun playing the game,it's worthy of the award hack of the year in my opinion and i highly recommend it.
    Thanks for the help, I just needed to redownload the ROM.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • How were you able to figure out and change the flowers to be a wild encounter area and some not? Is it possible to make surfable areas not be entire wild encounter spots and have only select water tiles be instead like grass patches on land? If so I would be very appreciated to know or have a link to some kind of tutorial.

With tile bytes on A-Map. I believe Spherical gave the flowers on that route the byte 04 which I believe signals Wild Surf Pokemon encounter. Then its just a matter of changing the surf data to the pokemon you want.

Back