• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    hi nice updates as always but is there any evil team which are there in most of game like team rocket and is arceus in game with its plates and the item you added is not ability pill its ability capsule

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • hi nice updates as always but is there any evil team which are there in most of game like team rocket and is arceus in game with its plates and the item you added is not ability pill its ability capsule

Breathe.

There is an evil team, who's name is still unannounced as of yet.
    Arceus is in the game, and I'm sure if it is going to be included, Spherical Ice will use Daniils Arceus form routine.

Ability Capsule has too many characters for Gen III, so it has to be renamed to Ability Pill.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Found a little mistake with budew's moveset. Was leveling him up with xp share and this happened after he leveled up to level 16.
    The images are a little big, brace yourself.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2021
    I'm new here so sorry if I'm breaking any rules by asking this but do you have any idea on a finish date? I love the look of the game but I'm just not able to start unfinished games.

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • I'm new here so sorry if I'm breaking any rules by asking this but do you have any idea on a finish date? I love the look of the game but I'm just not able to start unfinished games.

Trust me, when I say this because I am typically the same way when it comes to incomplete hacks.

Play. This. Hack!

It will only leave you wanting more.

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • Yeah, that was all thanks to the asmazing daniilS <3

Thanks!

Yeah, you obtain small amounts of money and Battle Points, which can be redeemed for items.

Thanks! That's a good idea, I'll consider it!

Thanks! I'm working as hard as I can, promise!

Thanks! I might include the Emerald Rival theme, but I also sort of want to have an original composition for that sort of stuff so it would ultimately be work that would eventually get removed. The pre-battle mugshot hack is a good idea but it wouldn't be a priority for this release. Battle backgrounds are also definitely going to be changed, but again not necessarily for now.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Hey, Ice Awesome Updates As always, Keep it Up hope the next release out soon:)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I also wanna mention that when my Budew evolved into Roselia he jumped a few levels, they most likely do not have the same xp rates or whatever it's called.
    Don't have any pretty pictures this time so I just made their names green.

EDIT: Will the Sturdy ability have its Gen V affect so that it acts like focus sash instead of only the ability of negating 1 hit KO attacks? Would be a nice to have, not sure if I've seen in a rom hack before though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Amazing progress Spherical. By far the best hack I've seen. Although obviously not a priority, I hope you'll eventually release either a challenge mode of the hack (for us who find normal Pokemon games too easy) or allow other hackers to mod the difficulty of the hack after it's official release (as there is so much strategic potential to the stuff you add into the game combined with the fact that you've added every single Pokemon to the game's data).

Seeing how well-developed this game is, it would almost be like an entirely new official game.

Oh, and I absolutely love the ability pill idea.
    Thank you! I wouldn't be against a Challenge Mode version, it would definitely be a fun thing to try once the main version is complete!

Awesome hack. The only problem is that there are too many trainers, and you can get easily overleveled by the first gym. Rest of the hack is awesome, and I am looking forward to more.
    Thanks! The problem with the volume of Trainers is known and has been remedied for the next release.

hi nice updates as always but is there any evil team which are there in most of game like team rocket and is arceus in game with its plates and the item you added is not ability pill its ability capsule
    Thanks! There is a group of morally dubious characters, but they're more like a group of mercenaries hired by the main antagonist. Arceus' data is in the game, but it is unobtainable, and neither Multitype nor the Plates are implemented as of yet. The Ability Capsule was named the Ability Pill due to character restrictions.

Found a little mistake with budew's moveset. Was leveling him up with xp share and this happened after he leveled up to level 16.
    The images are a little big, brace yourself.
    Spoiler:
    Thank you! This has been fixed.

Hey, Ice Awesome Updates As always, Keep it Up hope the next release out soon:)
    Thank you!

I also wanna mention that when my Budew evolved into Roselia he jumped a few levels, they most likely do not have the same xp rates or whatever it's called.
    Don't have any pretty pictures this time so I just made their names green.

EDIT: Will the Sturdy ability have its Gen V affect so that it acts like focus sash instead of only the ability of negating 1 hit KO attacks? Would be a nice to have, not sure if I've seen in a rom hack before though.
    Thanks, again! This also has been fixed for the next release. Sturdy does indeed have its Gen V effect in the next release, though it is somewhat buggy (for example, BRN damage or multi-strike moves will have no effect if Sturdy has been activated on the same turn). Hopefully this can be fixed before release, but if not it will still be there, just slightly bugged.

I've gone through what seems to be a monthly thing where I start remapping everything, haha. This time, Archan Town was given a makeover! I'm far more satisfied with how it looks now, and it also connects to a new route, Archan Hills, which replaces the Underground Path in connecting Archan Town with Aerous City! It seems some familiar faces are blocking the path, though...

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Work on the Telmurk Gym, which is the last Gym in the Beta, has also started!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Last edited:

Skydaze

Skydaze
    Years
  • It has the looks, the features and the story. Its gr8 m8 i r8 it 8 out of 8. I still think its better to change the hero OW

Porto

Survivor
    Years
  • In Beta 1.1 it kinda bugs me that the library in Celanto Town doesn't look and feel like a real library you'd expect in such an "old" region.
    I would make it a bit larger or give it some ornaments.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • It has the looks, the features and the story. Its gr8 m8 i r8 it 8 out of 8. I still think its better to change the hero OW
    Thanks! I'm still trying to decide upon a protagonist design I like, I promise I haven't forgottten!

nice progress but are you going to include safari zone
    There are no plans for a Safari Zone in Beta 2.

is the 1.1 the latest beta?
    Yes, but hopefully Beta 2 will be out soon.

This is ART. I can't wait to play the next beta! Good luck :3333
    You're too kind! Thank you!

In Beta 1.1 it kinda bugs me that the library in Celanto Town doesn't look and feel like a real library you'd expect in such an "old" region.
    I would make it a bit larger or give it some ornaments.
    Spoiler:
    Hm, this is a valid point however Celanto Town is a very small and relatively remote place, so it could be plausible that, for example, there are not the funds to facilitate a larger library. Plus, the fact that Professor Redwood is an archaeologist himself may suggest that perhaps a lot of Orbtus' history is still to be discovered!

I've given Telmurk City a slight facelift which has brought with it three new additions that make it that much more interesting. Take a look!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

In the minor changes department, I've redone the Town Map yet again to include some new additions such as Archan Hills, and this iteration now utilises the "places of interest" dots from the original FR/LG map, with custom messages fitting the locations! The region map on the Pokédex has also been updated.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Ah, you amazes me yet again, Spherical! I do not agree that the Map should be called Town Map, maybe you could change that? But, anyway, the style of the "map" is very simple, but, really beautiful, nice work! And, so is that custom messages! Lovely updates, I am hoping that I will see the 2nd beta!

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2021
    Stellar work, Spherical, daniiIS, FBI agent, Shinoya, MrDollSteak, and giradialkia!

I stopped playing Pokemon about five years ago, but this game has gotten me back into it. The story is perceptive, the graphics are gorgeous, and the music is fresh yet nostalgic. I love it.

Since I use OpenEmu I wanted to do this game justice and make it its own custom box art. Figured I might as well share it here, in case anyone else has use for it. Here's the link:
    Code:
    klmart.deviantart.com/art/Box-Art-Pokemon-Gaia-Version-522545200

Looking forward to Beta 2.x!

Porto

Survivor
    Years
  • Hm, this is a valid point however Celanto Town is a very small and relatively remote place, so it could be plausible that, for example, there are not the funds to facilitate a larger library. Plus, the fact that Professor Redwood is an archaeologist himself may suggest that perhaps a lot of Orbtus' history is still to be discovered!
    I had nothing better to do so I designed a new library. It's up to you if you use it, I don't mind if you don't.
    1. Original:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

2. New library:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

3. Original roofcolour:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

4. Simplified library:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

5. Simplified original roofcolour:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

It's based on the museum in Pewter City from FireRed. I personally like option 3 the best.
    Here are also four images with just the library:
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    I tried searching the thread for TM and TMs with nothing coming up, so I hope this hasn't been said before, but the TMs are not infinite even though the first post said they would be? I'm not sure if this is just not implemented yet, or a bug. Sorry if somebody already said it, I didn't check every page.

Back