• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Amaaaaazing hack, it feels like an official game.... Even better tbh
    I've just got my 4th badge!

So.... Is Gardevorite is available yet? I was going to use Altaria as my Mega, but it got no sprites and ability, so Gardevoir will do for now xD

Anyway, good luck! This is probably the best hack I ever played.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2017
    To creator:

Will you also release your 'bug fixes update' to your main post noting like Beta 2.5.1124 for a Nov. 24 release or some sort. So we can easily see if there is a new update. You post of an update often gets piled under new posts. You don't need to make a new line for each release just edit the old one. Like the Beta 2.5 with release date of Nov. 2, will become Beta2.5.1124 (suggestion) for the Nov. 24 release of said patch and nothing else will be changed. Just another suggestion tho haha

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • Hello! I'm here to share my thoughts about the current Beta of the hack.

After playing for several hours and reaching the endpoint of the Beta, I must say, this hack is indeed well-polished, particularly the scripts and other features added. This clearly tells us that new, additional features in form of scripts weighs better than graphically improved maps and tile sets in terms of importance. Rather than dealing mainly on the maps and eyecandies, the hack's appeal focuses on the changes made and adapted from new generation games (Which I think, personally, is the most important part of a hack).

I commend the creator for that. You've done a truly impressive job.

Now back to the game, I actually decided to scrap my save file and play it next time when it's finally on a better and stable Beta. I noticed several bugs but most of them are already written on the README included in the archive file so I guess I'll skip that part. I'm totally surprised to see the Mega Evolution feature implemented and that's another plus that convinced me to try it out... and even post here in the first place.

As for my suggestions, I have some ideas in mind but I'll keep it to myself. Instead, I'll keep my expectations on the middle and wait patiently (and get surprised) for each update. I'm sure the creator already has several ideas in mind and I don't want my ideas becoming a hindrance on the process. Again, I'll wait and observe the development. (or should I say "we"?)

The only thing I request from the creator is a finished and polished hack. (Frankly, please don't abandon it. :P)

I don't usually post so I apologize for the long text to read. I thought you deserve being recognized for the work. (Not to mention it's my first time posting on a Rom Hack thread)

It's a job well done! Keep it up!
    - OriginRoute

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Hey, I just started playing this, and I love it! It's a nice game, filled with lots of hidden secrets one can get by backtracking! I've finished the first gym, and man, those Fairies were killer! (my team was about their level, so I had a tough time with Spinarak) I probably won't play any further for a while, but when the full release is out, I'll be sure to focus a lot of time on it! (compared to other games I play) Keep the good train rolling, Spherical Ice!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I've found a very fatal bug: I can't earn money anymore after playing Battle Marsh.

And, where can I get Charizite X?

Years
  • Sadly, I can't confirm the prize money issue. I was speeding through battles so wasn't really paying attention. The first time I thought I imagined it, so didn't pay it much heed, but I believe the second time was match 83 or so. If it's not obvious then maybe I was mistaken and they really were the Marsh Bosses after all. Just something to keep in mind in case anyone else reports something similar.

Thanks for the footprint fix, I'll keep hunting around to see if I can find anything else.
    That's fine, then. I also just realised I didn't properly fix the TM / HM compatibility bug, but that's been fixed now.

Does anyone know where the Gardevoirite is? Or is it not in the game yet?

btw, im really having fun pawning the battle marsh with a mega lopunny XD even tho evolving buneary is quite a pain, having 0 base happiness, having no happiness berries and massage/haircut/whatever and having to rely on soothe bell and the oh so expensive vitamins to boost it's happiness..

Anyways, I expected to get a Mega Stone or something really rare after beating the final boss at the Battle Marsh, but these points will have to do :3, Ability Pills anyone? haha
    Gardevoirite is currently not available, no. I do plan to have a masseuse in the higher floors of the Precimos Hotel, but that obviously will be in Beta 3. Clearing the Battle Marsh will probably also get a better reward soon, but for now I'll leave it as it is.

Amaaaaazing hack, it feels like an official game.... Even better tbh
    I've just got my 4th badge!

So.... Is Gardevorite is available yet? I was going to use Altaria as my Mega, but it got no sprites and ability, so Gardevoir will do for now xD

Anyway, good luck! This is probably the best hack I ever played.
    Thank you! Gardevoirite is not available, sorry.

To creator:

Will you also release your 'bug fixes update' to your main post noting like Beta 2.5.1124 for a Nov. 24 release or some sort. So we can easily see if there is a new update. You post of an update often gets piled under new posts. You don't need to make a new line for each release just edit the old one. Like the Beta 2.5 with release date of Nov. 2, will become Beta2.5.1124 (suggestion) for the Nov. 24 release of said patch and nothing else will be changed. Just another suggestion tho haha
    I could do so, but for all intents and purposes the date it was updated works well enough.

Hello! I'm here to share my thoughts about the current Beta of the hack.

After playing for several hours and reaching the endpoint of the Beta, I must say, this hack is indeed well-polished, particularly the scripts and other features added. This clearly tells us that new, additional features in form of scripts weighs better than graphically improved maps and tile sets in terms of importance. Rather than dealing mainly on the maps and eyecandies, the hack's appeal focuses on the changes made and adapted from new generation games (Which I think, personally, is the most important part of a hack).

I commend the creator for that. You've done a truly impressive job.

Now back to the game, I actually decided to scrap my save file and play it next time when it's finally on a better and stable Beta. I noticed several bugs but most of them are already written on the README included in the archive file so I guess I'll skip that part. I'm totally surprised to see the Mega Evolution feature implemented and that's another plus that convinced me to try it out... and even post here in the first place.

As for my suggestions, I have some ideas in mind but I'll keep it to myself. Instead, I'll keep my expectations on the middle and wait patiently (and get surprised) for each update. I'm sure the creator already has several ideas in mind and I don't want my ideas becoming a hindrance on the process. Again, I'll wait and observe the development. (or should I say "we"?)

The only thing I request from the creator is a finished and polished hack. (Frankly, please don't abandon it. :P)

I don't usually post so I apologize for the long text to read. I thought you deserve being recognized for the work. (Not to mention it's my first time posting on a Rom Hack thread)

It's a job well done! Keep it up!
    - OriginRoute
    Thank you! I have no intention of giving up now that I've spent so much time, but obviously I can't make any promises haha. Hopefully it will be "finished" by next year, though!

Hey, I just started playing this, and I love it! It's a nice game, filled with lots of hidden secrets one can get by backtracking! I've finished the first gym, and man, those Fairies were killer! (my team was about their level, so I had a tough time with Spinarak) I probably won't play any further for a while, but when the full release is out, I'll be sure to focus a lot of time on it! (compared to other games I play) Keep the good train rolling, Spherical Ice!
    Thanks!

I've found a very fatal bug: I can't earn money anymore after playing Battle Marsh.

And, where can I get Charizite X?
    I think I've fixed this, but I'm not sure, and it may be connected to the other money bug. Unfortunately the only way to confirm this is to white out, so I'd suggest saving or save stating before you white out and then see if you can earn money after that. Charizite X is currently not available, but it will eventually.

Please redownload! I've fixed the TM and HM compatibility for real this time, and also fixed Empoleon's cry.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    I have yet to download today's update, so this may have been remedied somehow, but having played in the Bug Catching Contest I get a garbled mess of text after everyone has received their prizes, then the game softlocks. I beat the whole game up until this point, Battle Marsh included (if that helps).

My Sliggoo didn't evolve at level 50 even though it was raining in the overworld, but I think you know about these special evolution method problems already.

Also, why was the traded Spiritomb called 108? :P

Awesome to see that you fixed Empoleon's cry! That was starting to drive me crazy haha.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Amazing game! Long time since I played the first release but right now it's orders of magnitude better.

* I encountered 2 game-freezing bugs though:
    1)
    Pokémon Gaia Version

I it safe to use the walk through walls cheat to bypass this guy or will it mess up my sav?

EDIT: btw I am in fact using the "Pokémon Gaia v0.2.5.ups" patch & the "Squirrels" Fire Red Rom. :/

2) When the bug type gym leader receives his Beedrillite at the contest, the dialogue just goes blank & gets stuck forever :/

* Another bug: None of my pokes (inc Lopunny & Monferno) can learn Return or Brick Break.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2017
    I have the same game breaking bug as the guys above with the Bug - Catching contest.

h ttp://imgur.com/a/vaER9

It soft freezes after that. When this happens i redownloaded everything and patched to the squirrel fire red rom but nothing. Hope it gets fixed soon because this hack is amazing.

EDIT: I just registered to pokecommunity so it won't let me post links until I made 5 posts. Please visit the above link without the "space" to see the bug.

Years
  • I have yet to download today's update, so this may have been remedied somehow, but having played in the Bug Catching Contest I get a garbled mess of text after everyone has received their prizes, then the game softlocks. I beat the whole game up until this point, Battle Marsh included (if that helps).

My Sliggoo didn't evolve at level 50 even though it was raining in the overworld, but I think you know about these special evolution method problems already.

Also, why was the traded Spiritomb called 108? :P

Awesome to see that you fixed Empoleon's cry! That was starting to drive me crazy haha.
    Thank you for bringing these bugs to me attention, I've fixed the Bug Catching Contest one, and yeah the Sliggoo thing is in the README and related to the special evo methods. Spiritomb's nickname is related to its lore, I recommend looking into it. Thanks!

Amazing game! Long time since I played the first release but right now it's orders of magnitude better.

* I encountered 2 game-freezing bugs though:
    1)
    Pokémon Gaia Version

I it safe to use the walk through walls cheat to bypass this guy or will it mess up my sav?

EDIT: btw I am in fact using the "Pokémon Gaia v0.2.5.ups" patch & the "Squirrels" Fire Red Rom. :/

2) When the bug type gym leader receives his Beedrillite at the contest, the dialogue just goes blank & gets stuck forever :/

* Another bug: None of my pokes (inc Lopunny & Monferno) can learn Return or Brick Break.
    Thank you! I've fixed all of these bugs, please redownload and they shouldn't reoccur.

I have the same game breaking bug as the guys above with the Bug - Catching contest.

h ttp://imgur.com/a/vaER9

It soft freezes after that. When this happens i redownloaded everything and patched to the squirrel fire red rom but nothing. Hope it gets fixed soon because this hack is amazing.

EDIT: I just registered to pokecommunity so it won't let me post links until I made 5 posts. Please visit the above link without the "space" to see the bug.
    Yeah, I've fixed this. Please redownload.

Please redownload!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2016
    Hey this Hack is so good we more of this!
    But someone can help me ? Where can i find sneasel , it's on WindMist Summit ? because i tried to find for 20 minutes and nothing :/

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • More bug fixes really glad you do betas in a way as without them it might be harder to find bugs or take longer by yourself. Plus have you ever had to beta test another hack at any time where your contributions where used in a way to make a hack more better or iron out bugs?

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years
  • First, I think it's important to say that I'm loving this hack so far.
    The first gym sucked all the fun out, however. The combination of Metronome, Cute Charm and ESPECIALLY that Jigglypuff's Sing meant that my victory seems more up to RNGesus than anything I could personally do. Sometimes I'd come closer, sometimes I was further, all while steadily levelling up from retrying the gym over and over again.
    That Jigglypuff would easily take all the hard work I had to do to get to it and throw it away, putting my entire team to sleep, so all I could do is watch, and hope that one of them woke up at some point so I could put at small dent in its HP bar before it put it to sleep again.
    I also don't remember ever encountering any Poison or Steel-types along the way. Did I miss Nidoran somewhere?
    EDIT: Actually, there WAS Zubat, but I don't remember it ever learning any good Poison moves before it evolves... come to think, does it learn anything good before it evolves?

My team consisted of a full 5 at that point, plus an HM slave for later, though, so perhaps my experience is being spread too thin? I don't think you should have to grind for the first gym, even if the difficulty is supposed to be higher.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years

• I don't know if it's because I reused a save from the previous bugfix, but the key items are glitchy. Sometimes they cause a black screen freeze, and when I actually get the TM case to open, all the empty slots (I only have Cut) are glitchy. If I try to "use" cut, it freezes the game.

I hope there's a fix for this, because this is definitely one of the best hacks ever that I've played. I may just resort to using a code to teach someone cut or something.

Btw, where is the Move Relearner?

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    I also don't remember ever encountering any Poison or Steel-types along the way. Did I miss Nidoran somewhere?

I don't remember if Nidoran's around at that point, but you can find Spinarak in the cave, which has Poison Sting. I don't remember the level of the gym so this may be an overgrind but Drilbur gets Metal Claw at L15. (Is Drilbur available at that point or is he in a later cave? It's been a while.) I beat the gym without either of these, though.

Sorry my memory is so crappy but Spinarak is definitely available before that gym.

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years
  • I don't remember if Nidoran's around at that point, but you can find Spinarak in the cave, which has Poison Sting. I don't remember the level of the gym so this may be an overgrind but Drilbur gets Metal Claw at L15. (Is Drilbur available at that point or is he in a later cave? It's been a while.) I beat the gym without either of these, though.

Sorry my memory is so crappy but Spinarak is definitely available before that gym.
    Unless Ariados' stats have been increased, I probably won't use it, but that is helpful, as I do have a Drilbur.
    I forgot that it would learn a Steel move before it evolved. Mine is only about Level 8, but that should be helpful. Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2015
    First off loving all of the added content from v2 It felt lije a whole new game
    Concerns for me would be the lack of story in the abamasnow section and no connection to the old lady that started off your adventure (just as a note at posting time I have gotten stuck on bug contest so I may be missing some story there) but im just being nitpicky.
    Not sure if its a bug or if your still messing with it but the learnability of Tms and Hms seem to be a little screwy. I have an altaria whom cannot learn roost, a luxray unable to learn shockwave, havent found a sigle pokemon able to learn return, and a gurdurr that apparently cannot learn a move it knows (rock smash)

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • So... I've been participating in the bug catching contest and finally got a beedrillite but the problem is you can win the same mega evolution stone twice, and I really don't see the purpose of two mega stones... And I can't even sell it , it just takes up my PC and bag slot.... Well, it's not really a problem but still...

Years
  • Hey this Hack is so good we more of this!
    But someone can help me ? Where can i find sneasel , it's on WindMist Summit ? because i tried to find for 20 minutes and nothing :/
    Thank you! Windmist Summit does indeed have Sneasel, but they're extremely rare. I've ever so slightly decreased their rarity, though, so if you redownload and exit and re-enter the map they should be slightly easier to find (but still very rare!).

More bug fixes really glad you do betas in a way as without them it might be harder to find bugs or take longer by yourself. Plus have you ever had to beta test another hack at any time where your contributions where used in a way to make a hack more better or iron out bugs?
    Thanks. I've beta tested a few friends' hacks but not too thoroughly.

First, I think it's important to say that I'm loving this hack so far.
    The first gym sucked all the fun out, however. The combination of Metronome, Cute Charm and ESPECIALLY that Jigglypuff's Sing meant that my victory seems more up to RNGesus than anything I could personally do. Sometimes I'd come closer, sometimes I was further, all while steadily levelling up from retrying the gym over and over again.
    That Jigglypuff would easily take all the hard work I had to do to get to it and throw it away, putting my entire team to sleep, so all I could do is watch, and hope that one of them woke up at some point so I could put at small dent in its HP bar before it put it to sleep again.
    EDIT: Actually, there WAS Zubat, but I don't remember it ever learning any good Poison moves before it evolves... come to think, does it learn anything good before it evolves?

My team consisted of a full 5 at that point, plus an HM slave for later, though, so perhaps my experience is being spread too thin? I don't think you should have to grind for the first gym, even if the difficulty is supposed to be higher.
    Both genders of Nidoran are available in Archan Hills, plus Spinarak can be found in Archan Tunnel. I haven't had many other complaints about the first Gym being too difficult, though, so I think for now I'll leave it as it is. I do recommend getting a Soundproof Pokémon like Whismur, though, as that will let you block things like Charming Cry and Sing. Good luck!

I don't know if it's because I reused a save from the previous bugfix, but the key items are glitchy. Sometimes they cause a black screen freeze, and when I actually get the TM case to open, all the empty slots (I only have Cut) are glitchy. If I try to "use" cut, it freezes the game.

I hope there's a fix for this, because this is definitely one of the best hacks ever that I've played. I may just resort to using a code to teach someone cut or something.

Btw, where is the Move Relearner?
    This sounds like a bad patching job, are you sure you patched onto a 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM? Either way, I'd recommend redownloading as some TM-related changes have been made, anyway.

First off loving all of the added content from v2 It felt lije a whole new game
    Concerns for me would be the lack of story in the abamasnow section and no connection to the old lady that started off your adventure (just as a note at posting time I have gotten stuck on bug contest so I may be missing some story there) but im just being nitpicky.
    Not sure if its a bug or if your still messing with it but the learnability of Tms and Hms seem to be a little screwy. I have an altaria whom cannot learn roost, a luxray unable to learn shockwave, havent found a sigle pokemon able to learn return, and a gurdurr that apparently cannot learn a move it knows (rock smash)
    Thank you. The issue with the Bug Catching Contest and TM compatibility has already been fixed. Redownload and make sure the version you're using says it was updated 26/11/2015 in the README file.

So... I've been participating in the bug catching contest and finally got a beedrillite but the problem is you can win the same mega evolution stone twice, and I really don't see the purpose of two mega stones... And I can't even sell it , it just takes up my PC and bag slot.... Well, it's not really a problem but still...
    This isn't a bug, I did it intentionally in case you toss a Mega Stone or just want to have two. Plus, it makes it harder to get what you want which makes you play more, haha.

Please redownload! I've made TM09 contain Energy Ball instead of Bullet Seed, and fixed some bugs, such as Pokémon from Frostbite Cave showing as being from Valoon Town in the Pokédex map and Golurk being unable to learn Fly.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    I wanna know if Galladite is available
    And What are the TMs, just the TM move names,not their locations

Last edited:
    Back