• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Oh I can't believe I forgot to mention: real-time Mega Evolution in a Fire Red hack; you, sir, are a wizard!

Just one question though: I like exploring previous areas & unearthing previously inaccessible items whenever I get a new HM. Is this risk-free? Or is there a chance I might trigger events I'm not supposed to yet?

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2015
    Awesome hack man. Just wanted to let you know there was a small glitch, that froze the game after your rival heals your Pokemon in front of the battle marsh. Not sure how to recreate it because I loaded up a previous state and it worked fine after. Saw someone else mention it earlier so I thought I'd let you know.

Also I had a question about where to find a shiny stone. You said earlier in the thread it can be found in the telmurk warehouses or a hidden grotto, but I looked everywhere in the warehouse, even with my item finder, and while I found a bunch of items I couldn't find a shiny stone. Any hints about where that hidden grotto might be? Thanks!

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Oh I can't believe I forgot to mention: real-time Mega Evolution in a Fire Red hack; you, sir, are a wizard!

Megas have really only been a thing for a while yet theres so many in hacks now. I would love effects for megas maybe alittle to over the top so super bright colors but would be an issue for people that suffer with flashing images.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Megas have really only been a thing for a while yet theres so many in hacks now. I would love effects for megas maybe alittle to over the top so super bright colors but would be an issue for people that suffer with flashing images.

Well I've seen the outside-of-battle MegaEvo method in many hacks, if that's what you're referring to. Or do you mean implemented in the same fashion as they are here? Other than Gaia I'm only aware of Game Maker games that can do the proper MegaEvo.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Well I've seen the outside-of-battle MegaEvo method in many hacks, if that's what you're referring to. Or do you mean implemented in the same fashion as they are here? Other than Gaia I'm only aware of Game Maker games that can do the proper MegaEvo.

Yes sorry i meant more game makers mega evolutions i know for now we are limited in what we can do compared to their work. And really grateful for such a insightful outlook on my question as it wasn't to specific.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Yes sorry i meant more game makers mega evolutions i know for now we are limited in what we can do compared to their work. And really grateful for such a insightful outlook on my question as it wasn't to specific.
    I'm glad :)

Also I think I just found a little bug:

I'm at the Psychic type gym, using my Absol with Absolite. I mega-evo'd & battled the 1st trainer without any issues, but when mega-evolving against the trainer with the Elgyem & two Beheeyems, a couple of weird things occured:
    1) I used Swords Dance & some thing about Magic Bounce ability came up along the lines of "it bounced Swords Dance" or something (I still got the boost);
    2) After KO'ing his Elgyem, he appeared to only have 2 Pokéballs left & sent out a Bad Egg which I KO'd & then he sent out the Beheeyem.

I save regularily & make backups, so I reset & battled him again without mega evolving. I battled his three Pokes just fine!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    • Litwick's dex entry has a typo, it says "ton" instead of "to".
    • It's possible to fly to Aerous Valley, which would be pretty convenient, except it puts you stuck in the trees out of bounds.
    • Magnet Bomb's description doesn't quite fit into the box, with the full stop going out into the border.
    • Fishing on the lower floor of Ferre Ruins gave me a level 1 Missingno. Also, several bodies of water don't seem to contain any fishing pokemon at all, and a few don't have any wild surfing pokes either. I was wondering if the latter point was intentional or whether you just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Years
  • I wanna know if Galladite is available
    And What are the TMs, just the TM move names,not their locations
    Galladite is currently not available. The TMs are largely the same as they were in FireRed and LeafGreen, with the exception of the following:

Spoiler: Changed TMs from FR/LG
    TM03 - Charming Cry (Disarming Voice)
    TM09 - Energy Ball
    TM19 - Roost
    TM43 - Flame Charge
    TM49 - U-turn
    HM05 - Rock Climb

Oh I can't believe I forgot to mention: real-time Mega Evolution in a Fire Red hack; you, sir, are a wizard!

Just one question though: I like exploring previous areas & unearthing previously inaccessible items whenever I get a new HM. Is this risk-free? Or is there a chance I might trigger events I'm not supposed to yet?
    Thank you! The Mega Evolution code is all thanks to Touched, though. Exploring with new HMs should not sequence break anything! To be safe I'd recommend enabling the rewind feature on VBA-M and saving regularly, although that's just good practice when playing hacks in general anyway.

Awesome hack man. Just wanted to let you know there was a small glitch, that froze the game after your rival heals your Pokemon in front of the battle marsh. Not sure how to recreate it because I loaded up a previous state and it worked fine after. Saw someone else mention it earlier so I thought I'd let you know.

Also I had a question about where to find a shiny stone. You said earlier in the thread it can be found in the telmurk warehouses or a hidden grotto, but I looked everywhere in the warehouse, even with my item finder, and while I found a bunch of items I couldn't find a shiny stone. Any hints about where that hidden grotto might be? Thanks!
    I can't recreate that bug either, so I'm not sure what could be causing it I'm afraid.

I was wrong about the Hidden Grotto, but a Shiny Stone is definitely in the Telmurk Warehouses. It's in the one directly to the left of the Game Corner which is accessed from the top. If you go in there, it's behind the gate that you can open with the Storage Key.

Also I think I just found a little bug:

I'm at the Psychic type gym, using my Absol with Absolite. I mega-evo'd & battled the 1st trainer without any issues, but when mega-evolving against the trainer with the Elgyem & two Beheeyems, a couple of weird things occured:
    1) I used Swords Dance & some thing about Magic Bounce ability came up along the lines of "it bounced Swords Dance" or something (I still got the boost);
    2) After KO'ing his Elgyem, he appeared to only have 2 Pokéballs left & sent out a Bad Egg which I KO'd & then he sent out the Beheeyem.

I save regularily & make backups, so I reset & battled him again without mega evolving. I battled his three Pokes just fine!
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I've noted it in the README for now.

This is Awesome! Can't wait for the full hack :) Keep up the good work!
    Thanks!

• Litwick's dex entry has a typo, it says "ton" instead of "to".
    • It's possible to fly to Aerous Valley, which would be pretty convenient, except it puts you stuck in the trees out of bounds.
    • Magnet Bomb's description doesn't quite fit into the box, with the full stop going out into the border.
    • Fishing on the lower floor of Ferre Ruins gave me a level 1 Missingno. Also, several bodies of water don't seem to contain any fishing pokemon at all, and a few don't have any wild surfing pokes either. I was wondering if the latter point was intentional or whether you just hadn't gotten around to it yet.
    All fixed! I agree that most bodies of water don't have many fishing Pokémon, but I do plan to fix that eventually. The Missingno have been removed, though.

Pokémon Gaia Version

You can redownload to fix the bugs and introduce this little change I've made! The Move Pokémon option, now called Organize Boxes to be in line with how it is in Gen. 6, is at the top of the list.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2016
    In the battle marsh there is an area of water that once you surf on it it glitches making it so that you cannot leave. What happens is that the pokemon that youre surfing on will disappear then youll be able to walk on the water but not be able to leave the water and go back on land. I looked in the READ.me text and didnt find this bug.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Wow i understand how you feel about grinding but usually happens at some point in the game and half the time i hate doing the first gym because its usually to easy wouldn't you relish abit in the fact that you have to train hard in order to beat a gym. As gyms are the pinnacle and main focus in the series well the fact that you have to beat them in order to progress. Wouldnt the feeling be better once you beat the gym and can say ''well it took long but i finally did it'' with some greater satisfaction maybe.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Gardevoir cannot learn Energy Ball despite the fact that it can learn Energy Ball through TM. Is there going to be a Move Relearner in the future? Also, is Bagon available in Beta 2.5?

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Galladite is currently not available. The TMs are largely the same as they were in FireRed and LeafGreen, with the exception of the following:

Spoiler: Changed TMs from FR/LG
    TM03 - Charming Cry (Disarming Voice)
    TM09 - Energy Ball
    TM19 - Roost
    TM43 - Flame Charge
    TM49 - U-turn
    HM05 - Rock Climb

Thanks For Replying!,Spherical Ice, May i ask another question?
    What are the Available Mega Stones? (Please Add Locations To Them If Possible)
    That's that, If You Read This, Thanks For Reading!

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2021
    The newest beta is so awesome! This has to be one of the best rom hacks of all time.

Side note: I think I found a minor bug. When using an escape rope inside the Archan Tunnel it teleported me to the front entrance of the art club (the last building I had exited before joining the museum staff member). It's supposed to deposit you at the entrance of the tunnel, no?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Hello... I just found something weird ... I really don't know if you are aware of this, so my bad if you already know.

It was during the Battle Marsh.
    The girl sent out Espeon, and I think Magic Bounce kinda glitched. Maybe because of Gardevoir's Trace?
    Well... Espeon's ability effect activated when I used Shadow Ball for some reason, but the move worked normally (Espeon's Sp. Defense fell tho, not sure if should happen with MB ability). After that, Espeon started to be referred as "Bad Egg"
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version

It didn't crashed my game or anything (I guess?) so it's not that serious, but I think you should know.

ALSO, this same Espeon Girl only had two Pokémon (the other one was Delibird) even though in Battle Marsh usual trainers use three.
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Sorry again if you already know/fixed this. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
  • In the battle marsh there is an area of water that once you surf on it it glitches making it so that you cannot leave. What happens is that the pokemon that youre surfing on will disappear then youll be able to walk on the water but not be able to leave the water and go back on land. I looked in the READ.me text and didnt find this bug.
    Could you please take a screenshot of where exactly this occurs? I can't seem to recreate it.

minor bug: Skiddo's dex entry is the 'newly discovered' placeholder entry
    Thank you! Fixed.

Gardevoir cannot learn Energy Ball despite the fact that it can learn Energy Ball through TM. Is there going to be a Move Relearner in the future? Also, is Bagon available in Beta 2.5?
    Thanks, I have added Energy Ball to its TM learnset. As said in the FAQ, the Move Relearner will be in Beta 3. Bagon is not available in this beta, no.

Thanks For Replying!,Spherical Ice, May i ask another question?
    What are the Available Mega Stones? (Please Add Locations To Them If Possible)
    That's that, If You Read This, Thanks For Reading!
    I don't really want to list every single location for the Mega Stones as that removes any fun from finding them. I have already posted a few of the locations already in this thread, but my honest answer to this is just to explore.

The newest beta is so awesome! This has to be one of the best rom hacks of all time.

Side note: I think I found a minor bug. When using an escape rope inside the Archan Tunnel it teleported me to the front entrance of the art club (the last building I had exited before joining the museum staff member). It's supposed to deposit you at the entrance of the tunnel, no?
    Thank you! I've noted that bug, thank you.

Hello... I just found something weird ... I really don't know if you are aware of this, so my bad if you already know.

It was during the Battle Marsh.
    The girl sent out Espeon, and I think Magic Bounce kinda glitched. Maybe because of Gardevoir's Trace?
    Well... Espeon's ability effect activated when I used Shadow Ball for some reason, but the move worked normally (Espeon's Sp. Defense fell tho, not sure if should happen with MB ability). After that, Espeon started to be referred as "Bad Egg"
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version

It didn't crashed my game or anything (I guess?) so it's not that serious, but I think you should know.

ALSO, this same Espeon Girl only had two Pokémon (the other one was Delibird) even though in Battle Marsh usual trainers use three.
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Sorry again if you already know/fixed this. Thanks!
    This bug has already been noted, but I've gone and removed Magic Bounce because it seems pretty serious. I suspect the Trainer only having two Pokémon is connected to it, too, but yeah if you redownload this won't re-occur (but Magic Bounce mons will now have substituted abilities).

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

You can redownload to fix the bugs above! This fix also introduces a feature introduced in Generation 4: the stats increased and decreased by a Pokémon's nature are now highlighted in red and blue, respectively.

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    what is the combination in Aerous City Museum 2nd Floor ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    • There is a random invisible wall tile in the Telmurk Warehouse next to the Game Corner. It has a hidden Revive that I found using the Itemfinder, but you can't walk on it. I imagine it's meant to have a crate or toolbox on it.
    • Whimsicott doesn't have a party/box icon, which means if you put it in the PC then it basically becomes invisible unless you scroll the cursor along to try to find which empty space it's in. I understand if the icon hasn't been finished yet, but Barbaracle uses the question mark icon whereas Whimsicott uses none at all.
    • Not really a glitch, but I find it a bit confusing how the stat that is made higher by the pokemon's nature is the one that is displayed in red, while the IVs are shown in red if they're really bad. Keeping with your colouring system, it might make more sense to have purple be for the boosting stat of a nature, and red for the reduced one. Or something else entirely would be fine too, but red always seemed like a negative colour to me.

NOTE: The nature-stat indicator is a really nice feature, so thank you for working that one in :D

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • Could you please take a screenshot of where exactly this occurs? I can't seem to recreate it.

I also encountered this bug. Happens in the pool of water below the cooltrainer guy who gives you the Choice Specs. It's kinda serious (attached screenshot).

edit: Luckily had a save not too much earlier. Wasn't able to recreate the bug again. (it causes the surfing pokemon sprite to disappear when it occurs)

Not really a glitch, but I find it a bit confusing how the stat that is made higher by the pokemon's nature is the one that is displayed in red, while the IVs are shown in red if they're really bad. Keeping with your colouring system, it might make more sense to have purple be for the boosting stat of a nature, and red for the reduced one. Or something else entirely would be fine too, but red always seemed like a negative colour to me.

NOTE: The nature-stat indicator is a really nice feature, so thank you for working that one in :D

Seconded this.

Attachments

• Pokémon Gaia Version
      pokemon_gaia_v2.5.png
      7 KB · Views: 32
    Last edited:
    Back