• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    I hate sinnoh starters, are there any strong early game pokemon I can catch to replace the starter? Also will the next version change previous events a lot or should I just play this version and update when the new ones released? Heard a lot of good things about this hack, hope you finish it
    !

Years
  • I hate sinnoh starters, are there any strong early game pokemon I can catch to replace the starter? Also will the next version change previous events a lot or should I just play this version and update when the new ones released? Heard a lot of good things about this hack, hope you finish it
    !
    If you want a powerful early mon, get a Huge Power Bunnelby. It hits like a truck, There is also huge variety of Pokémon to get, so you'll likely find a team you will like early.

glong279

A Royal Knight
    Years
  • I just love the game. It is truly amazing. One small question: I'm playing on my Android device and can't seem to find a Pokemon location list. Could anybody give me something like that please ?
    P/s: Again, love this game.

GlobalSingeing

Global Singeing
    Years
  • Hey! Stupid question, but... HOW do I mega evolve?
    I seems fairly random at this point.

I've done tests and written down the results, but I don't see what's different. Currently I have Blastoise with Blastoisite and Pinsir with Pinsirite. Blastoise mega evolves about half the time. (Used in about 50 battles) However, Pinsir hasn't mega evolved once. (about 20 battles, all wild Pokemon)

I've tried pressed a button before using an attack, like R to activate mega evolution or something, but nothing seems to work. One thing I found that boosts the chances, or at least appears to, is pressing SELECT and swapping some moves around. When I do this on Blastoise and swap Surf/Skull Bash and back, it's like 80%. This is probably purely coincidental, as that would be a strange activation.

Under same conditions, Blastoise will mega only sometimes. Basically, I just feel really stupid because I can't figure out how to do something that no one else on this forum seems to be having trouble with.

So again: How do I mega evolve my Pokemon?
    Thanks in advance. (hopefully)

Years
  • Hey! Stupid question, but... HOW do I mega evolve?
    I seems fairly random at this point.

I've done tests and written down the results, but I don't see what's different. Currently I have Blastoise with Blastoisite and Pinsir with Pinsirite. Blastoise mega evolves about half the time. (Used in about 50 battles) However, Pinsir hasn't mega evolved once. (about 20 battles, all wild Pokemon)

I've tried pressed a button before using an attack, like R to activate mega evolution or something, but nothing seems to work. One thing I found that boosts the chances, or at least appears to, is pressing SELECT and swapping some moves around. When I do this on Blastoise and swap Surf/Skull Bash and back, it's like 80%. This is probably purely coincidental, as that would be a strange activation.

Under same conditions, Blastoise will mega only sometimes. Basically, I just feel really stupid because I can't figure out how to do something that no one else on this forum seems to be having trouble with.

So again: How do I mega evolve my Pokemon?
    Thanks in advance. (hopefully)

Press start before a move.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2021
    Where can I get Blastoisinite and charizardite? I've found every other megastone available just not those 2. And can I catch other starters in the wild?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Where can I get Blastoisinite and charizardite? I've found every other megastone available just not those 2. And can I catch other starters in the wild?
    You only get one of the Gen 1 starters as well as 1 of their Mega Stones.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Helloooo, whole new to the site and pokemon gaia itself, and the only thing I wondered : would this ever be translated?
    If so I could do it for my own language...

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    The game freezes for me if I try to talk to that guy:

Pokémon Gaia Version

Maybe it's because of this reason:
    Also, where do you get Rock Climb? I ended up using a cheat to spawn Flash (which is Rock Climb) as I had no clue where to get it.. Does that have to do with the freeze?

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    few questions: 1, how did you make new abilities, 2: you say you used gen 3 hack suite, what were your settings? i can't get it to work. 3: i wouldn't mind putting some work in to help with the pokemon locations/learnsets.

EDIT: i realize the way i said it was kind of weird. i do that some times. I can make a fanciful document with letters and bullets and such with the learnsets/levels etc.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Right now my PC is nOt working, so i cannot patch the rom....is there anyway in which i can obtain the .GBA file.....if nkt, ill just wait until its fixed....BEST HACK I HAVE EVER PLAYED....
    Thanks, and distributing .GBA files violates the PokéCommuntity rules, hence it being in patch form to begin with.

Thanks for the answer, looking forward to get Charizite X in the final version! :D Generally this hack is great, hope it will be finished someday!
    Thank you!

can i know where i can get dive?
    Dive is not available in v2.5.

Does this game have Exp-Share? And Which it have Exp-Share where do I Get it?
    Your rival gives you the Exp. Share after you defeat him at Nestpine Town.

Spherical ice Do you have any idea on when the next version is coming out i love this damn game :D
    No idea, sorry!

The 2.5 demo ends as soon as you beat precimos the gym, right?
    Yes.

Is it alright to ask if anyone has tried using AR/GS or Code Breaker codes specifically for Gaia ?
    I wouldn't rely on them not breaking your save. Use at your own discretion, basically.

I found a bug with rayquaza (at least my codebreak one) the sprites half of the battles show, the other half no, like 1-0-1-0-1-0 in this sequence
    It's hardly a bug if you hacked it in to begin with.

Where can I find a dusk stone? I need to evolve my Dusclops...
    One can be found at the small Rock Climb island on the Southern Sea route. You can also win them for coming First Place in the Bug-Catching Contest, along with the other evolutionary stones and Bug-type Mega Stones.

I hate sinnoh starters, are there any strong early game pokemon I can catch to replace the starter? Also will the next version change previous events a lot or should I just play this version and update when the new ones released? Heard a lot of good things about this hack, hope you finish it
    !
    I would just recommend playing through and seeing what you'd like. Bunnelby is definitely a strong earlygame Pokémon. The next version should maintain compatibility with v2.5 saves, yes, although I can't absolutely guarantee that either. The likelihood is that they will be compatible, though! Thanks!

I just love the game. It is truly amazing. One small question: I'm playing on my Android device and can't seem to find a Pokemon location list. Could anybody give me something like that please ?
    P/s: Again, love this game.
    Thank you! A Pokémon location list hasn't been drawn up quite yet, I'm afraid. I do plan to eventually release one.

I just tried that again and it still doesn't work for me. Maybe my rom is messed up?

First try: Didn't work
    Second try: Didn't work
    Third try: Crashed
    Are you sure you patched your ROM to a 1635 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) ROM? It works perfectly for me so I assume this is a patching problem. What emulator are you playing on?

What is the exact location for Numel...the pokedex is giving me the wrong place!
    Numel can be found in Archan Tunnel, specifically the three levels closest to the exit on Celanto Path (where Paras can also be found).

You cannot get the other two Kanto starter Mega Stones in v2.5; eventually they will become available, however.

Are Medicham and its Mega Stone avaliable in this beta?
    No, sorry.

Helloooo, whole new to the site and pokemon gaia itself, and the only thing I wondered : would this ever be translated?
    If so I could do it for my own language...
    Thank you! I don't plan to personally translate the hack, but once it's finished I wouldn't mind others translating it. For the moment, however, I wouldn't advise doing so as you'd just have to continue retranslating as new versions are released.

The game freezes for me if I try to talk to that guy:

Pokémon Gaia Version

Maybe it's because of this reason:
    Also, where do you get Rock Climb? I ended up using a cheat to spawn Flash (which is Rock Climb) as I had no clue where to get it.. Does that have to do with the freeze?
    Yes, it's almost definitely because you hacked in an item instead of playing the game properly. I recommend going back to Telmurk City and completing the events as intended; that is, to go to the Game Corner after you defeat the fifth Gym Leader and then go through the Underground Path to legitimately obtain Rock Climb. While I understand the sequence of events to get Rock Climb at the moment is a little confusing, and it will be made more obvious in future releases, I must stress that if you try to hack the game yourself that I cannot and honestly should not guarantee anything will not break, as that's obviously not how the game was intended to be played at all and you always run the risk of corrupting your save file.

few questions: 1, how did you make new abilities, 2: you say you used gen 3 hack suite, what were your settings? i can't get it to work. 3: i wouldn't mind putting some work in to help with the pokemon locations/learnsets.

EDIT: i realize the way i said it was kind of weird. i do that some times. I can make a fanciful document with letters and bullets and such with the learnsets/levels etc.
    This is not a ROM hacking help thread; I recommend you post in the Beginner's Lounge instead.

Work on v3 has begun! That means I'll no longer be maintaining v2.5, and instead will stockpile any bug fixes for v3. Thanks for all the support and bugfixes for v2.5!

It wouldn't be a Gaia update if I didn't obsessively remap something, and the first victim for v3 is Precimos Island. Check it out!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

One of the new houses from this remap is a much demanded feature: the move reminder!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Back