• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'm similar to ^; I collected a lot of Pokemon cards when I was younger. Fortunately, I got most the packs/decks as gifts, so I didn't have to spend a lot of money XD Also used to battle with them, too, though not the expected way. Basically, my friends and I would choose our cards, then have them use whatever attack on each other. No Energy cards or non-Pokemon cards were used, haha. Nowadays, I still get them as gifts (and love receiving them), but only on Christmas. I even keep some of my faves in my wallet XD

As for non-Pokemon cards, I am an avid collector of Pokemon plushes. I love plushes in general, so I can't help but collect them! Right now I'm aiming to get plushes of all the Eeveelutions; I just needs ones of Vaporeon, Espeon, and Jolteon. I may also try to get Eevee, too <3

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I only had a few sets of cards. I still have them lying around somewhere though.

I also have some figurines and plushies, mixture of official and unofficial. I mostly have ones that look neat and are of Pokemon I like, and have minis of each of the Eeveelutions sans Sylveon. Also a neat official set of Pokemon posters from one of the Centres in Japan which I visited over a year ago. :>

Years
    Hello, my name is donavannj, and I am a Pokemon card addict. My collection is so large I lost track after estimating it at about 2500 strong 5 years ago!

I do have a lot of figurines as well, but the bulk of those came inside TCG-related promo boxes and tins. My non-TCG merch collection is pretty small at present.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, same here; I don't play, either. I've always been wanting to get into it, but all its processes seem overly complicated to me.

Though, it's been a while since I had checked any TCG tutorial--six years, to be exact, which is a pretty long time--so I should consider reading another. Who knows, maybe this time around, I'd be able to understand a little better? Don't know much people in real life who'd play with me, but there's always the online game.

Years
    I've gotten pretty good at limiting myself from buying new cards lately, but it wouldn't be surprising if my collection's well into the thousands at this point.

I'm actually pretty good at the TCG, but I've never bothered building a deck for the current format, since no one that I know plays. I should look into trying the TCGO though, since I've got about 50 code cards just lying around that I've got no real plans for.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I played with friends in the late 90's/early 00's 8) So long time ago, urgh. Maybe the game and rules and style has changed since?

Years
    I sort of want to try play the TCG, but I still need to get the hang of the rules XD I've been on the simulator a few times and had fun with that, but haven't touched it in a while. Also played the first GBC TCG game, buuuut that's old as hell and definitely wouldn't help me now, ahaha. Wouldn't mind taking on others online; offline, I'd have to build a deck or buy a starter one, plus I'd have to search for the rest of my cards. They're in storage (I think), so it'd take a while to retrieve them.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
    Holy crap. I haven't played a TCG since Team Rocket Returns. I used to collect the tins, but that got a bit pricy, and then no one wanted to play. The last tin I have is from HG/SS era

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I could like totally hold a party thing of learning to play over the weekend here in the TCG section if anyone's interested. Nothing serious. Just a casual thing. I think all of the tutorials are built into the game client now, though, iirc.
    Online? That would be awesome actually! If it was on Saturday or early Sunday (European time) I could probably join.

Years
    I used to have a large binder of pokemon cards...but they wound up getting stolen when I left them at my old daycare one day for school. They ransacked my cubby and left me with my lesser rare cards strewn all over the floor

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've had plenty of my Pokémon stuff stolen before. Well, not exactly stolen, per se; I've more or less left them in places and wound up losing. First would be a Pikachu plush, which I took with me in a restaurant many, many years ago. Sadly, I put it on one of the tables and forgot to take it back. Next comes a TCG deck, which I took to my friend's house and didn't grab it on my way home. Called her to see if she's seen it, but apparently, she hasn't, haha. Few other things are Pokémon Sapphire cartridge, LeafGreen cartridge, and a Jigglypuff plush. Also, that sounds like a good idea, Don!

Years
    I've never had any of my own Pokemon merchandise taken, but my cousin actually had his Pokemon Red stolen from him out of his backpack in elementary. Not that I ever understood why he brought it to school in the first place, but I would've been gutted if something like that would've happened to me.

The only thing that happened to me was being tricked into trading some of my cards for fake ones, though I would've only been 7 or 8 at the time. I've got to say, getting a (what I thought was a real) Japanese Murkrow card before even Gold and Silver came out was too tempting for little me to pass up.

Years
    Online? That would be awesome actually! If it was on Saturday or early Sunday (European time) I could probably join.

Yes, online! Though I'd have to be up pretty early on my time for it to work for people in Europe (it's 10:30 PM right now for reference), and I'm not one who's good with mornings, haha.

EDIT: But I've gone ahead and committed myself to do it!

Last edited:

Penelope

fluffy Flaaffy
    Years
    I've been tricked into hitting s few fakes in my day. A Japanese growlithe, and some of Erica ' s cards that where all holographic. I always hated being duped by mean kids

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    I went to a massive outdoor flea market and one of the booths sold boosters from like five years ago that I really wanted. So of I course I bought a lot of them and when I got back to the camp that I was staying at during that time I opened the packs and found loads of fake cards that didn't even belong to the boosters that I opened them from... You know something is wrong when you find a non-holographic ex Power Keepers Metagross ex inside an ex FireRed & LeafGreen booster pack haha.

On the bright side I managed to trade some of those fake ex cards for real ex cards lol

THOSE MILTANK ON THE OP THO

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ninja are known to disappear and reappear anywhere !
    So Shouldn't Greninja be able to learn '''Teleport'' Or ''Phantom Force'' ???

Years
    THOSE MILTANK ON THE OP THO
    Well it is the Dairy chit-chat, after all!

Ninja are known to disappear and reappear anywhere !
    So Shouldn't Greninja be able to learn '''Teleport'' Or ''Phantom Force'' ???
    If Phantom Force were a more common move that wasn't restricted to legendaries, I'd like to see it used by Pokemon like Greninja. Teleport on the other hand I don't agree with, seeing as it can teleport the trainer and any other Pokemon too, and I just can't see Greninja being able to do that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back