• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nah, even though I love hacks like Emerald 365 or what the number is again, haha, I wouldn't want to mess up a proper game by using Action Replay. I'd be too afraid of, yeah, messing something up.

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • I've heard AR was a lot more reliable than Gameshark for what it's worth. I didn't use it, but I've gotten pokemon from my friends that where taken via AR

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I never used them. I dont know, paying $25 for a cheat device seems to take the fun out the games

I agree, but if you're done with storyline, though, and are completely bored with the game, then it could actually make it more fun for you. :P That's what I always do; before I use cheat codes, I make sure that I've completed the story.

Shhmew

Years
  • Same here, I never cheat in a game until I've played through it several times already, and even then it's typically nothing game breaking, just for personal luls or entertainment.

I used Gameshark on Crystal recently to teach Flareon crazy stuff like Sacred Fire lol. I've played Crystal sooooo many times it's rather boring to play through it normally, so I figure there's no harm in shaking it up a bit for my own amusement [:

Years
  • I've never actually owned a Gameshark or Action Replay for any of the Nintendo systems, but always wanted one while I was younger. Not necessarily to get infinite Rare Candies or have easy access to high leveled Pokemon, but I always loved the idea of the walk through walls cheat, and I wanted to go places that looked like they should be accessible, but were there just for show (one of the first places that comes to mind is the little area behind the day care in R/S/E).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, that reminds me—I've always wanted to see what's behind that door in this house over at Mossdeep city. Heard countless amount of stories about it, but it was tough to actually believe any of them. xD" I tried using walk-through-walls code to get into it, but it just didn't seem to work, unfortunately.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think that house was for e-reader battles. You used an e-reader and link cable and a special card, and you could fight a trainer on said card in the house.

Given e-readers was only Japan bar a brief unsuccessful stint outside of there, the house just remains locked for us.

Never used AR, nor have much want for one. Seems like it would take the fun out of the games for me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I've used AR on the verrry old games because I was still very young and the whole "LOL I CAN HAVE 99 MASTER BALLS I'M THE BEST EVER" was a fun feeling back then, but I've never used it on a game that I've played 'seriously', if that's the correct term to use for playing a video game. Just strikes me as kind of pointless in a game like Pokémon that's already easy enough to win without it haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, pokémon aren't the most difficult games ever made, no no. But some of the most enjoyable :3 To think that you can play it through a hundred times with different constellations of pokémon, name and gender makes it such a diverse game even though the plot is as linear as they come.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • True dat. I don't think anyone has ever had déjà vu when playing Pokémon. Just to reinforce that idea, who's that one Pokémon that you've always wanted to use but never have?

My choice is Scolipede. Cool design, easy to obtain, and it's a Bug type. It always ends up getting replaced by a different Poison type like Amoongus or Drapion or [insert Pokémon here].

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In-game, I've always wanted to use Milotic. Even though Feebas are pretty rare, I did manage to get my hands on one in Platinum. Eventually, though, I forgot. If I hadn't, I definitely would have trained it and turned it into a part of my team.

Years
  • I've always wanted to try using Sneasel/Weavile in one of the games, but by the time they appear in the games, I usually have my party well planned out. And like Peitharchia, Milotic is another that I'd like training too, if it weren't so hard to come across Feebas.

Years
  • I would have definitely used a Goodra on my team in X... had my team not already been finalized by the time I was able to catch a Goomy. But still, at least I now have one as a rotating team member every now and then so yeah guess I'm good.

Years
  • I have a Sliggoo with me right now, I have yet to evolve it because it needs to rain...somewhere in Kalos. xD

Yeah I admit that's one of the most annoying evolution methods to date, especially given natural rain in Kalos is unpredictable and I believe when I evolved mine I had to give her a Rare Candy. But the one evolution method I hate the most is trade-based evolution, which I sadly can't do in X/Y right now due to lacking a second 3DS and my wi-fi doesn't recognize mine, as a result my poor Swirlix which I was going to use as my Fairy-type had to be left unevolved.

That was what led to me using Sylveon as my main Fairy-type. It actually made me fall in love with Pokemon Amie. I do love how interesting Inkay's evolution method is, took me quite a while to figure out how to do it correctly, and as a result took me two more levels than normal before mine finally evolved.

Shhmew

Years
  • I would have definitely used a Goodra on my team in X... had my team not already been finalized by the time I was able to catch a Goomy.
    Oh man, my team is never actually finalized. For example, I am at the last gym right now but I randomly decided to replace my Mienshao with a Furret. Training is a pain, but I guess I just get bored quickly :C I like using as many different pokemon as I can, too. I replaced my Pyroar with Houndoom earlier because well, Pyroar's coverage unfortunately kiiinda sucks... Houndoom could learn the same moves (minus some normal moves) and then some, plus it's just an amazing pokemon, of course. Pyroar was fun to experiment with but, she ran her course.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've used Pyroar before, and it could cause some major destruction only with Hyper Voice. It could be even more dangerous if it's got moves like Fire Blast, haha. Its defenses are sort of low, though, unfortunately. Would've been great if they were a little higher. :p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I love female Pyroar :3 It looks much better than the male version, imo. Sleek mane.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I love all gender differences in X and Y in general. Unlike previous gens, they're actually quite noticeable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back