• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

blue

gucci
Years
  • You could kinda make that same logic for Zweilous becoming Hydreigon then, am I right? xP

Although Dragonite, as I may have mentioned, is one that looks both happy and fierce at the same time.

I suppose, then again there are a lot of Pokemon that wouldn't ideally evolve into their next stage.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I see middle evolutions as the awkward 12-18 phase. At least for the most part. In the case of the Dratini line I think its peak is with Dragonair design wise.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I see middle evolutions as the awkward 12-18 phase. At least for the most part. In the case of the Dratini line I think its peak is with Dragonair design wise.

I would agree with this, though there are always exceptions of course, which would be Dragonair.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    My favorite weird evolution is Tynamo to Eelektrik. Little fishy to an eel. Just like, what? Oh and Dewott to Samurott is pretty intense.

I think Tynamo is based on a glass eel, very small see through eels.

Years
  • The weirdest evolution line for me is still Remoraid and Octillery. I know that they were going for the whole gun -> cannon thing, but the two look nothing like each other, and trying to logically figure out how a fish turns into a octopus just makes my brain hurt.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The weirdest evolution line for me is still Remoraid and Octillery. I know that they were going for the whole gun -> cannon thing, but the two look nothing like each other, and trying to logically figure out how a fish turns into a octopus just makes my brain hurt.
    Yeah, especially considering Remoraid were always pictured as hanging out together with Mantine, so you'd rather expect those two to be related. Octillery is still one of my favorite pokémon though! Gun -> Cannon is sort of hilarious and their movesets are pretty darn cool. Great for roleplay uses ;)

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Yeah, especially considering Remoraid were always pictured as hanging out together with Mantine, so you'd rather expect those two to be related. Octillery is still one of my favorite pokémon though! Gun -> Cannon is sort of hilarious and their movesets are pretty darn cool. Great for roleplay uses ;)

Man, I used to think that Remoraid would evolve into Matine. I only figured it out when I got Octillery on a card.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Man, I used to think that Remoraid would evolve into Matine. I only figured it out when I got Octillery on a card.
    Yeah, haha. Then suddenly - Mantyke.

Pokémon General DCC

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Yeah, haha. Then suddenly - Mantyke.

Pokémon General DCC

I used to have a Mantine in Diamond. I never got it to evolve. I get really annoyed by the happiness thing. It took my buneary to level 40 to finally evolve.

You know, thinking about it, Remoraid evolving in Mantine would be weird too.

Years
  • I remember the old days when I saw a pic of Mantine and there was a Remoraid attached to it, but then for some odd reason Mantine's sprites starting from 4th Gen somehow didn't have Remoraid on it anymore, but I sorta guessed it may have been because of Mantyke's introduction but it was cool to see they incorporated Remoraid into the evolution method.

I do love Mantyke's cute cry, but the damn thing has a quite low catch rate. I recall the first time I tried catching one of those things in Diamond and found myself burning so many balls to get it. Remoraid evolving into Octillery though is something totally different and one you'd never expect to be related to each other, but the whole "guns and cannons" theme with them explains why Octillery has such an unusual movepool, which includes learning almost every beam-based attack.

And come my playthrough of X, I ended up catching a shiny Remoraid. Still not sure if I even want to use him, but he does have a nature that's just perfect.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    You know , Zoey's Shellos can extend its neck to incredible length.
    Pokémon General DCC

Paul's Gastrodon able to do the same thing.
    So ,Can Goodra also extend their body to incredible length ?

Also , I heard Goodra can absorb and excel any liquid .
    Is that true ???
    Doesn't that mean Goodra can also absorb magma since that a liquid ?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Goodra has a bigger stomach than its pre-evolutions, so I wouldn't be certain if that was something that could stretch itself like Shellos is known to. I guess Goomy and Sliggoo I would believe that claim about, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    *butting in*

I tested something in the splash banner. Is it breaking on narrow styles? I think it is :x Also is it too boring? I think maybe the cloud background and stuff was more welcoming, haha. Thoughts?

Years
  • You know , Zoey's Shellos can extend its neck to incredible length.
    Pokémon General DCC

Paul's Gastrodon able to do the same thing.
    So ,Can Goodra also extend their body to incredible length ?

Also , I heard Goodra can absorb and excel any liquid .
    Is that true ???
    Doesn't that mean Goodra can also absorb magma since that a liquid ?

It's a water type...why would it be able to absorb magma? O.o

I like the little intro post at the top! I like to watch it automatically rotate ^^

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

I like the little intro post at the top! I like to watch it automatically rotate ^^
    Maybe because it's water type :3 cancels it out.

Rotate? What rotates?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Gliscor is a Ground/Flying type yet it doesn't know any Flying type move at all .
    If only it could learn more ''Air'' attack then it could have create its own wind to Glide.
    But Gliscor can only learn Tailwind that increase the speed of Pokemon .

I was thinking about Mega Gliscor .
    Mega Gliscor Just need Good leg to walk since its short leg is a problem.
    Even Noibat has better leg .

I was talking about Goodra absorbing any Liquid and Goodra is not a Water Type .
    Also Magma is a Liquid.
    And Goodra should able to extend its Arm and Neck like Shellos Since Goodra is made out of Slime.

Years
  • *butting in*

I tested something in the splash banner. Is it breaking on narrow styles? I think it is :x Also is it too boring? I think maybe the cloud background and stuff was more welcoming, haha. Thoughts?

I think the new splash is very good. I know the width is going beyond on my end (because I have fixed-width) but it's really getting in line with all the other new splashes as well, so yeah thanks Sotomura if you're reading this.

Back