• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I still haven't finished black 2 yet. I was really into it at the beginning, and then I kinda stopped playing without a reason. I should try to finish it once I have some more time on my hands.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have stopped playing it O.o Why? I don't think it's time issues, I think it's rather the fact that I write roleplays instead, haha. It's more fun to be able to capture pokémon anime-style in text and do what you want on your journey with other players, than go through the strict games. Imo!

Years
  • I've let Omega Ruby sit...I wasn't very fond of the original version, so I'm taking my time with it. I'm being a slug when it comes to finishing Pokémon X as well...The series wasn't bad, it just felt a bit easy to me

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think it's normal to be really into it and then take a break from playing. Even when I was little and played I went through spurts of being so into all of it and then taking a break.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I do that a lot with almost everything. Although most things don't tend to return as much as pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Very true. Although, I was always mega into Pokémon xD

In my teenage years though, I used to be into and out of PokéCommunity a lot. I had periods of time where I didn't give a Dedenne's ass about this site, and then I came back and it was all my focus for a couple of months. I was a shitty online friend, haha...

Do you guys go to other pokémon forums or sites frequently, besides PC?

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I visit RelicCastle, but that's mainly for fangame production. Although I haven't posted there in a while now, I still read most posts. I used to frequent Dutch forums, but I really lost interest in those, as I never was part of the core groups there, and most inside jokes are lost on me now. I only visit this place and the pokemon subreddit now. Although here there is a sense of community, which reddit doesn't have at all.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    PC was the only forum I tried to actively participate in. The others that I've joined didn't feel like an actual community to me :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    This Always bother me --

Pokémon General DCC
    Pokémon General DCC

Pokémon General DCC

The Anime already butcher a lot critical law/rule of the game So I don't know Why The Anime so obsessed with following something Trivial like 4-Only Attack Limit!

Shiny Whimsicott

*:・゚✧. :✦*:・゚✧
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    Why /wouldn't/ the Anime follow a rule that's in every verse..? It's just how things are. I think 4 moves are plenty

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    There's no other Pokemon community which I'm part of. Well, I lurk around Smogon sometimes, but I'm not participating in the community, because people there tend to be really competitive in behavior, even in their offtopic sections.

Years
  • Other Pokémon communities? Well i'm obviously part of Marriland, as I always have been, I still tune in to his videos today and he provides nice stuff to watch, even if sometimes his ways of playing can be annoying. But I was way more active here in 2014 than I was on that forum, haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Why /wouldn't/ the Anime follow a rule that's in every verse..? It's just how things are. I think 4 moves are plenty

But its stupid !
    I mean, Diglet live its entire life digging But it can't no longer Dig anymore if he forgot it to learn a 5th move!!!
    Or A pokemon with Big Jaw can't Bite anything if he forget ''Bite'' to learn another move!
    A pokemon with Big claw can't scratch or Slash anything without learning any Slash-based attack! And it can't learn any 5th attack without replacing that slash-based move or any other 3 move.
    This type of Logic only make sense in Game , Not in Anime or Real life.
    Also , Alakazam said to remember everything in world but it can't remember a 5th move !
    That Why Takeshi Shudo never followed 4-only attack limit because he believed it to be too Stupid.

Plus The Game & Anime clearly said that A pokemon can't megevolve without Keystone , Mege stone & A Strong bond.
    Yet , The Anime screw this law by megevolving any Pokemon whenever they want without any keystone , Mega Stone or any strong bond. (Mewtwo , Diancle & Garchamp)
    Plus , Trade evolution was canon in game & Anime but all Ash's rival & Jessie evolve those pokemon without trading.
    Also Silgoo can't evolve though Artificial Rain from ''Rain Dance'' But the Anime screw that.
    If the Anime going to screw the critical & confirmed law of the game then there is no point to follow something stupid as 4-only attack limit ! Just think , Any move we liked might get replace to maintain this stupid 4-only attack limit ! I say ''Screw this and let Pokemon learn limitless attack like the Original series''.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I didn't even know Pokemon in the Anime where only using four moves at a time. Although, that doesn't neccessarily mean they're forgetting their other moves. Maybe it's not the Pokemon, but rather their trainers, who are incapable of remembering more than four moves for their Pokemon.

Considering how reliant humans in the anime seem to be towards Pokemon doing their every day chores and considering how Ash seems to lose his battling skill whenever a new region is introduced, that actually doesn't sound like being too off. {XD}

Now that I think about it: that's actually some decent stuff perfectly fit for a really dark fanfiction story. Humans and Pokemon being controlled by some extraterrestrial force that's capable of manipulating their minds. Arceus isn't a god, but those aliens found it to be funny watching humans pray to a goat. That memory manipulation also prevents humankind to develop to a point where they become capable of finding out about those aliens...

Too bad, I'm not a fanfiction writer.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • I always felt that in the Anime the went down to Pokemon only doing 4 moves to match the games a little more. But a better explanation would be that some moves are strong variations of others and some require a lot of energy from the pokemon so trying to do more than four would exhaust your Pokemon. Four makes it so they have an arsenal and at the same time don't have too much stress. A great example is Ash's Infernape learning Flare Blitz in place of Flame Wheel. It makes since because one is stronger and switch between rolling in flames and charging in flames could stress the body too much.

Years
  • You know, speaking of the anime it seems like they have been tailoring too much towards the games lately. Such as the 4 move restriction (seriously Pikachu why did you drop Volt Tackle for Electro Ball, other than probably new 5th Gen move advertisement I guess) but also we had Pokemon caught by the main cast that didn't evolve solely because they required trading to evolve in the games. Guess that explained why Ash's Boldore never evolved into a Gigalith then...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, the first seasons of the anime didn't care at all about game mechanics, did they? Charmander knowing Fire Spin and Flamethrower pretty early on etc...

PokéSpe did the same actually. In the Emerald arc, held items and move constraints suddenly became a thing. In the earlier arcs, moves had been very realistic or creatively used compared to even the anime.

Back