• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon GS Chronicles - [Build 2.7.1 05/25/2023 - Version 2.7.2 Coming late April 2024]

Do you agree the project to be rebooted using the Skeli's Complete Fire Red Upgrade?

• Yes. Do it!

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • Nah. Don't waste your time on this

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I'm playing the new beta
Awesome as before, but I found a couple of problems

1) while surfing, the max HP got higher
2) I'm stucked to catch Ho-oh, but for some Reasons, no matter what Ball I use, it will broke free, without any single movement (only the Master ball works, but using it in this cases is bad)

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Does anyone know a fix for the black screen when teaching an TM to pokemon, i still hear the music but screen goes black. Im playing on 3ds everything else seems to be running great
Same for me. Any solution?

Years
  • Seen yesterday
In national park the game crashes when you get the mask from the employee playing on N3DS XL virtual console. Switching to MGBA solved the problem.

Edit: Janitor Mask let the game freeze when it's in the bag and you want to scroll down to it.

This and TM bag freeze only with Virtual Console, not with MGBA.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
In national park the game crashes when you get the mask from the employee playing on N3DS XL virtual console. Switching to MGBA solved the problem.

Edit: Janitor Mask let the game freeze when it's in the bag and you want to scroll down to it.

This and TM bag freeze only with Virtual Console, not with MGBA.

You might want to be aware that most ROM hacks are tested using emulators and not actual hardware, as a result, you may encounter bugs or glitches that are exclusive to actual hardware.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
You might want to be aware that most ROM hacks are tested using emulators and not actual hardware, as a result, you may encounter bugs or glitches that are exclusive to actual hardware.
Thanks, I know. But I don't know whether the creator wants to fix those bugs since in his first post he don't explicitly recommend an emulator like MGBA or explains, that this hack is not for real hardware.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I've noticed this also happens when using bizhawk among other weird crashes such as crashing when checking extra data on a pokemon in the pokedex. Other bugs I've run across are doors not working correctly when coming in right from the left or right on the same tile as the door trigger.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
I'm sorry, but I have no intentions to finish this game after finding out that rival uses EV trained pokémon in battle in Blackthorn. My whole strategy was built on outspeeding Metagross with faster pokémon and when I found out I can't, I just gave up, as I generally have no time nor patience to do EV training myself during casual playthrough (also it is impossible after finding out near the end). However I really like all the QoL additions and changes you made and I hope someday, if you decide to reboot this hack, you will also release a patch for people that don't like difficulty hacks and grinding.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 12, 2024
Quick question: So the Lapras in Union Cave from the original games and the remakes. Is it in this rom hack or not? I'd like to have it on my team if it's obtainable.

Days
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
To the owner of the Discord server for Pokemon GS Chronicles.
What kind of disgusting action was that on your part?
I just wanted to clarify a question regarding Nidorino because I want to understand why it doesn't develop and you just ban me from the server?
just because I know about rom hacking and gave you data from the game? Seriously?
What's that supposed to mean?
I really ask you to unban me again..
Let's talk about it.. Don't bring something like that... I haven't done anything to anyone!
I can't absolutely 0% understand of being banned for something like that... it's so sad how people treat other people for nothing.
The project is awesome! Don't let me lose the fun of this game because of this... it doesn't have to be that way!!
I'm just interested in romhacking.
You're doing exactly the same thing with the game as I am...
How can this be a problem?
That can't be a reason to ban someone from a Discord server...
So please! Please let's clear this up because it's really annoying me right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: sz

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
To the owner of the Discord server for Pokemon GS Chronicles.
What kind of disgusting action was that on your part?
I just wanted to clarify a question regarding Nidorino because I want to understand why it doesn't develop and you just ban me from the server?
just because I know about rom hacking and gave you data from the game? Seriously?
What's that supposed to mean?
I really ask you to unban me again..
Let's talk about it.. Don't bring something like that... I haven't done anything to anyone!
I can't absolutely 0% understand of being banned for something like that... it's so sad how people treat other people for nothing.
The project is awesome! Don't let me lose the fun of this game because of this... it doesn't have to be that way!!
I'm just interested in romhacking.
You're doing exactly the same thing with the game as I am...
How can this be a problem?
That can't be a reason to ban someone from a Discord server...
So please! Please let's clear this up because it's really annoying me right now.
Sorry for what happened. Actually I no longer handle the discord server, and haven't been part of it for a long time. Actually I left the server months ago, so I can't help with anything regarding the server, which I no longer support, and will remove from the main post and the game. For any question, you can DM me, ping me in this post. I will try my best to address any concern from now on.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
So I noticed that, according to the Discord, a lot of Pokémon have received major stats or typing changes. Is there a chance of those changes being optional or toggled off somehow to play an experience closer to the official games in that aspect?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Really looking forward to the next update. The current release seems to glitch out on Pizza Boy. Will Pizza Boy GBA be compatible in the upcoming release? Thanks!

Years
Sorry for what happened. Actually I no longer handle the discord server, and haven't been part of it for a long time. Actually I left the server months ago, so I can't help with anything regarding the server, which I no longer support, and will remove from the main post and the game. For any question, you can DM me, ping me in this post. I will try my best to address any concern from now on.
I hope you take back the discord server. Because the person running it is making a circus out of it. It's very clear that the guy running it atm doesn't take criticism very well, as any bug reports from people, he outright bans them. He's a clown and should be booted out of the moderation team immediately.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Really looking forward to the next update. The current release seems to glitch out on Pizza Boy. Will Pizza Boy GBA be compatible in the upcoming release? Thanks!
Look into changelog. There you can find for next release:
[FIXED] Game Crashing randomly in any emulator. Now it should work fine on supported emulators.
Since Pizza Boy is a recommended emulator (see first post), it should work fine in future.

Back