• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    I think I said I earlier I would probably make a release sometime in the summer... I fear it might be too late for that. this is why hackers don't provide potential release times, but let's try Winter 2019 now.
    To be frank, however, the pace at which I was working on KB was really, really good until the last time I responded, but then I got carried away big time with other things. I still want to make a release soon since I also want to start fooling around more with pokeemerald and another side project/experiment.

Last time I worked on KB, I was mainly dealing with the Ex Dungeon areas.
    qEecY4k.png
    YeXT5qK.png

*The name will stay if I decide to proceed with a not very much brooded over idea to giving the new area a bit of history.

Hello Mystery Man,

I have a question : Is there all the forms of Pumpkaboo, Flabébé, Deerling and Vivillon in the game ?

Thanks for this incredible hack-rom, it's wonderfull !

Yes to all except for Vivillon. :3
    Thank you!

this hack is awesome! super excited for the battle facility improvement update! aren't you adding gen 7 pokemon, too? if so, right on!
    also I love how legendaries are implemented in wormholes
    i wish new maps could be added, but I know that isn't possible because I've tried
    well it's possible, but they can't have new map names
    i think what you did was the best possible method
    anyway, thanks for this awesome hack

Yeah, I added a good fraction of them to make the new areas feel more unique.
    Map names should be expandable like most things, I think, but I haven't really looked into doing that very much due laziness, though for the new areas, I might just have to. I just hope it is not crazy convoluted.

Does anyone know where I can get a pawniard?

You should be able to find them in Cinnabar Mansion, if I am recalling correctly.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    So, looking through the game via G3T, I noticed some interesting items. What does the MasterCard do? It's given by the trick master but does it allow special items to be sold? Discounts maybe?

Also, were you going to restart the project? I think I heard you would include 7th gen. Is this true?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    So, looking through the game via G3T, I noticed some interesting items. What does the MasterCard do? It's given by the trick master but does it allow special items to be sold? Discounts maybe?

Also, were you going to restart the project? I think I heard you would include 7th gen. Is this true?

MasterCard is supposed to discount Mart items, that's really it for now.

Don't really have any plans to restart. I was working on updating this to include 7th gen mons, but the CFU caught my attention and made me very enthusiastic about making another side project, so unfortunately, I have not been working on KB since the last time I posted. I was planning on releasing a patch with the 7th generation Pokemon + some fixes, but the game's events are kind of entangled with the new events I was working on.

I'll talk a little bit about my new side project to hopefully alleviate some disappoint, so here's an official announcement of it:

• The side project is going to be called Pokemon (Ultra) Heart of Fire. Why the ridiculous name? Its setting is Kanto 3 years after the events of Firered, but in a different dimension (i.e. events take a different turn + areas open up.) So like USUM, it takes place in a different dimension. Like HGSS, it's a sequel to Firered.
    • The hack is going to have all features in Kanto Black + more.
    • The game is going to have all Pokemon up to the 7th generation (8th generation in an update), 400 Pokemon will be in the regional Pokedex, but national dex mons will still be obtainable through the games features (Game Corner, Wonder Egg, Safari Island.)
    • The gyms will be divided in 3 different groups, and within the group, you can do them in any order you wish i.e. Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge and Blue are part of group 1; you can do their gyms in any order you want. I'm considering having 10 gyms, of which you will need to defeat 8 of them in order to open up the league.
    • Because you can take on the gyms in any order (within the groups), there will be a system that scales the levels of the normal trainers according to how many badges you have.
    • Kanto will be expanded, including more routes and shortcuts to other cities.
    • Mega evolution and Z-moves are going to be in and you will be able to unlock them later in the game.

4kub7Va.png
    YxSKrXB.png
    p0pUyki.png
    mFCJJeq.png

m6qKdqd.png
    FmjPO2o.png
    iSZXh75.png
    WGVgigf.png

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • MasterCard is supposed to discount Mart items, that's really it for now.

Don't really have any plans to restart. I was working on updating this to include 7th gen mons, but the CFU caught my attention and made me very enthusiastic about making another side project, so unfortunately, I have not been working on KB since the last time I posted. I was planning on releasing a patch with the 7th generation Pokemon + some fixes, but the game's events are kind of entangled with the new events I was working on.

I'll talk a little bit about my new side project to hopefully alleviate some disappoint, so here's an official announcement of it:

• The side project is going to be called Pokemon (Ultra) Heart of Fire. Why the ridiculous name? Its setting is Kanto 3 years after the events of Firered, but in a different dimension (i.e. events take a different turn + areas open up.) So like USUM, it takes place in a different dimension. Like HGSS, it's a sequel to Firered.
    • The game is going to have all Pokemon up to the 7th generation (8th generation in an update), 400 Pokemon will be in the regional Pokedex, but national dex mons will still be obtainable through the games features (Game Corner, Wonder Egg, Safari Island.)
    • The gyms will be divided in 3 different groups, and within the group, you can do them in any order you wish i.e. Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge and Blue are part of group 1; you can do their gyms in any order you want. I'm considering having 10 gyms, of which you will need to defeat 8 of them in order to open up the league.
    • Because you can take on the gyms in any order (within the groups), there will be a system that scales the levels of the normal trainers according to how many badges you have.
    • Mega evolution and Z-moves are going to be in and you will be able to unlock them later in the game.

4kub7Va.png
    YxSKrXB.png
    p0pUyki.png
    mFCJJeq.png

m6qKdqd.png
    FmjPO2o.png
    iSZXh75.png
    WGVgigf.png

This looks absolutely wonderful. I'm really digging the screenshots. Good luck with this and can't wait for a release!

Sacajaweeaboo

Savage snarkastic sasshole with a heart of gold.
    Years
  • Which items are overwritten to be ability capsule and trade stone? I was successfully able to edit the save with PKHex (giving myself some stat boosting vitamins) and not have any glitches, but I want to give myself a bunch of ability capsules and trade stones as well.

Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    MasterCard is supposed to discount Mart items, that's really it for now.

4kub7Va.png
    YxSKrXB.png
    p0pUyki.png
    mFCJJeq.png

m6qKdqd.png
    FmjPO2o.png
    iSZXh75.png
    WGVgigf.png

This looks great I can't wait! :smile:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    More important info about the (Ultra) Heart of Fire:
    1) I said 10 gyms before, changed my mind: there will be 11 gyms, and you will only need to beat 8 of them if you want to advance to the Pokemon League. There will be good incentives to beat them all.
    2) level scaling is working as desired. Levels will scale according to your progress in the game, not your levels.
    ---- Added a new difficulty setting since it was already straightforward to implement.
    3) generation 6 exp. share will be given to you very early in the game. I'll probably allow for its functionality to be toggled, but the opponents levels in the game will be according to what the estimated level of a team is with the gen 6 exp. share on.
    4) notice how there are a lot of Poke Balls in Professor Oak's lab? Yeah, there will be 9 starters, one of which will be random.
    5) exp will also be scaled. I might tweak the exp. formula to make it less punishing to overleveled Pokemon.
    I'll probably make a thread next time since I already have more than sufficient progress for it, but that's all I wanted to say for now.

G7szFXl.png
    c9H78bU.png
    E8gdoWp.png
    MDxfH8J.png

Which items are overwritten to be ability capsule and trade stone? I was successfully able to edit the save with PKHex (giving myself some stat boosting vitamins) and not have any glitches, but I want to give myself a bunch of ability capsules and trade stones as well.

Think I used unused space for the new items, but their numbers are 61 (0x3D) for the Ability Caps and 101 (0x65) for the Trade Stone.

Also, is there a way to obtain an Eevee in this game?

Along with Wonder Egg, a Gentleman in Five Island (the one who gives Togepi in the originals) gives you an Eevee egg. The Four Island egg shop might have a special egg for Eevee, not too sure if I implemented that in the latest release.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2022
    I can't wait for this amazing update :)
    For the music, i would love that you could put the HGSS soundtrack with HGSS Soundfont (or maybe FRLG & RSE Soundfont like in Dark Violet) instead of FRLG soundtrack, so that'll increase some quality of your next hack.

EDIT: and some of gen VI sprites are updated in pokecommunity if you want to update some Kalos pokemon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    How do I activate the second Sevii Islands quest? I've defeated Sabrina and had a guy tell me something about Rocket in Sevii. Talked to everyone in Saffron, no dice. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was supposed to talk to
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    I have added a few more questions and answers to the FAQ and moved most of the information about the features of the hack and other tips there as well. My activity is rather sporadic and am unfortunately not able to address many questions on time. I hope the FAQ is extensive enough to address most questions/concerns out there.

As for UHoF, I don't have any major updates as I have mostly been playing around with a few new ideas. Progress is up to the 3rd gym at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Could someone provide a walkthrough for all the levels of the Trick House?? I have completed the 1st set of challenges but the next set seems really tough... Any help would be appreciated. Also which are all the islands I can visit apart from Sevii Islands, Rainbow Isle, Birth Island and Navel Rock? Thanks in advance.... :)

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Remember I said some things about Pokemon Ultra Heart of Fire? It's still in development, but what I want to do now is combine my new region hack that I have showcased earlier with UHoF. Now the question is, what would be the best way to incorporate the content from the new region hack with a bunch of new maps, different biomes, new characters, etc? I've been drafting out ideas for each of these courses:

1) Make the main sequence of events* take place in the new region, but before each main event, you'll be required to do a couple of things in Kanto (i.e. beat Gym Leaders or do other things). After a certain amount of quests are completed, the main event will open up in the new region.

2) Make the new region postgame and have the main sequence of events* occur thereafter.

3) Have the main sequence of events* be a quest that can be partaken at any time (and finished, but with great difficulty). Have the both regions simultaneously open up depending on how many badges/endorsements/accomplishments the player has. Kind of like Skyrim and Fallout.

4) Go through new region first, then have Kanto as postgame. I'll be honest, this is my least favorite option and therefore the one I have least planned out for, but if a good case is made for this, then of course I'll entertain it more.

*Main sequence of events has do to with the player character's background and people who will directly antagonize him. Team Rocket events (as well as other smaller events) will of course still take place in Kanto, but they won't be as grand as they typically are.

Feedback would most definitely be appreciated here. :D

Hey, how to access the Rainbow Isle?

Should be in the FAQ. IIRC, some guy in the Celadon Apartments or whatever sells it to you.

How can I receive a Serperior with contrary?

Contrary Serperior is not in the game since at the time, I didn't have the know-how or the resources to add that ability. :(

Could someone provide a walkthrough for all the levels of the Trick House?? I have completed the 1st set of challenges but the next set seems really tough... Any help would be appreciated. Also which are all the islands I can visit apart from Sevii Islands, Rainbow Isle, Birth Island and Navel Rock? Thanks in advance.... :)

I could maybe write some up for you. Which one do you need help with?

As for as the islands, yeah, I think that's it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd be happy to play the new game with any of the four possibilities mentioned but I think I would actually most prefer to have Kanto be the post-game. This would make the game feel more like a new and original experience. Options one and three could be interesting too. Option two is the worst and most boring but I would still gladly take it.

If both Kanto and the new region are interwoven, then please add some kind of area that isn't accessible until after the game is beaten. May I propose a fifth option -- basically do options one or three but then have a separate mini-region or something to go to after beating the game?

I appreciate that this is still being worked on.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    Some screenshots on what I have been tinkering with lately:
    M6hx9gC.png
    RkyPWX8.png
    YOVUN5k.png
    JQnuOje.png
    8uLH69f.png
    d2c9hrS.png

I'd be happy to play the new game with any of the four possibilities mentioned but I think I would actually most prefer to have Kanto be the post-game. This would make the game feel more like a new and original experience. Options one and three could be interesting too. Option two is the worst and most boring but I would still gladly take it.

If both Kanto and the new region are interwoven, then please add some kind of area that isn't accessible until after the game is beaten. May I propose a fifth option -- basically do options one or three but then have a separate mini-region or something to go to after beating the game?

I appreciate that this is still being worked on.

Appreciate the response! That is something I would really like to do: having a decently sized postgame mini-region to house some of my weirder ideas for dungeons/challenges as well as other legendaries. I've already got some ideas as to how such a postgame would be. So yeah, I do have plans of making the game extend beyond the two regions. :P

I forgot to note that the new region (not the postgame one) is going to be a smaller region itself (around 4-5 gyms) with very different biomes (for the most part) compared to Kanto.

EDIT: a few areas from my other hack that will be moved to UHoF:
    AX7rBH1.png
    tWbKBOO.png

Last edited:
    Back