• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • With updated movesetd,sprites,type charts,everything up till Gen 6?

Looks pretty good, except for anime cries. And, of course, being in Spanish.

The only one I can tolerate is Pikachu.

It looks like they also applied it on a rombase and followed the millions of tuts on PokéCommunity that don't exactly line up…

Update: His FB has some funny stuff. He puts up a bunch of sprites, but this one. I never met a pod that looked like that Metapod!

Last edited:

Trainer 766

Looks pretty good, except for anime cries. And, of course, being in Spanish.

The only one I can tolerate is Pikachu.

It looks like they also applied it on a rombase and followed the millions of tuts on PokéCommunity that don't exactly line up…

Update: His FB has some funny stuff. He puts up a bunch of sprites, but this one. I never met a pod that looked like that Metapod!
    Can anyone get Versekr to translate his version back to English. That hack was better imo,since linkandzelda is not like active quite often.

Years
  • Can anyone get Versekr to translate his version back to English. That hack was better imo,since linkandzelda is not like active quite often.

Well, at that point you would need to repoint things again.

It is better off starting off from scratch. The only real thing that is important is adding the added evolutions (we DON'T need 719) and updated movesets.

Especially Fairy-types.

So now, we only have one infamous female gym leader to have nightmares about and end up overleveling far too much or making the gamebreaking mistake of using the Lv. 17 Wynaut you captured and JUSTIFY her tears.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    Well, at that point you would need to repoint things again.

It is better off starting off from scratch. The only real thing that is important is adding the added evolutions (we DON'T need 719) and updated movesets.

Especially Fairy-types.

So now, we only have one infamous female gym leader to have nightmares about and end up overleveling far too much or making the gamebreaking mistake of using the Lv. 17 Wynaut you captured and JUSTIFY her tears.
    I can try to do something, but I know nothing from the hack world

Years
  • I have posted my final (?) draft of the improved Eeveelutions.

Changes:
    Spoiler:

Comments? If you all like it, I can post an IPS.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2024
    I have posted my final (?) draft of the improved Eeveelutions.

Changes:
    Spoiler:

Some balancing would be much easier if the game was updated with more moves, flare blitz should be in there.

Years
  • Some balancing would be much easier if the game was updated with more moves, flare blitz should be in there.

Well, obviously!

Double-Edge is the same as Flare Blitz. Just without STAB or burn chance.

I was suggesting Sacred Fire at least for now because:

Sacred Fire;
    Fire/Physical
    5 PP
    100 BP
    95% accuracy
    50% burn chance

Flare Blitz:
    Fire/Physical
    15 PP
    120 BP
    100% accuracy
    1/3 damage recoil
    10% burn chance

Remember, Flare Blitz has recoil, and Flareon doesn't have a good HP stat. GameFreak listened and gave Flareon Flare Blitz in XY. And Flareon fell from NU to PU.
    But Sacred Fire is the signature move of Ho-Oh and (as of Gen 6) Entei.

But, remember that burn halves attack in most scenarios. Maybe I should give it Will-o-Wisp.

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    I have posted my final (?) draft of the improved Eeveelutions.

Changes:
    Spoiler:

I would change either Blaze Kick or Smog to Flamethrower for Flareon.
    And instead of water gun for Vaporeon, why not bubblebeam?

Years
  • I would change either Blaze Kick or Smog to Flamethrower for Flareon.

NO.

If my Flareon's stat changes go through, its base Special Attack stat would be 60 instead of 95. That is less than half of its Physical Attack stat.
    That is the same as Cyndaquil.

Blaze Kick is Physical, so it comes off the 130 stat.
    It has a base power of 85, 90% accuracy, 10% chance to burn, and an increased critical hit ratio.
    It's a good move.

Flamethrower is Special, so it comes off the 60 stat.
    It has a base power of 90 (I followed XY changes so it isn't 95 anymore), 100% accuracy, and a 10% chance to burn.
    It is also a good move, but not for my new Flareon.

For example, I modded Showdown to have the updated stats.
    I put a Flareon with 0 EVs and a Serious nature.
    I put a Mew out with even Defense and Special Defense.
    All IVs are 31.

When I used Flamethrower, the average over 7 tries was 20.9% damage.
    When I used Blaze Kick, the average over 7 tries was 33.5% damage.

I'll let you choose.

I really wish I could put Flare Blitz in, but it doesn't exist yet. Double-Edge is the same thing, only it is Normal-type.

And instead of water gun for Vaporeon, why not bubblebeam?

How about replace it with Bubble? With XY stats, Bubble will have a base power of 40 instead of 20.

BubbleBeam has a base power of 65, and you are literally better off teaching it Surf. Having it at level 16 is a bit OP, anyways.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, if you didn't already know, Hidden Power is messed up. It seems to only do 1 HP, or 2 with a crit..

Now I know that I have been changing attack stats in my working copy, but it seems that Hidden Power Fighting works properly. I even tested it on a Wobbuffet who used Mirror Coat first try and it worked.

If you are wondering, I used it on a Naughty Vaporeon with the IVs of: 4 HP, 17 Atk, 22 Def., 30 Sp. Atk., 4 Sp. Def., and 16 Speed (stupid me, should've made THAT my Jolteon, a vanilla Flareon, or at least an Espeon!).

Testing around, I made the frustrating discovery that my Raikou (which I still feel that it was too easy to encounter) gets Hidden Power Ground… which only deals 1 HP.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    I tried running this through the Universal Pokemon Randomizer but it didn't work. anyone know the data/info to make it work?

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Hey, I just realized…

Why is Sleep Powder a TM? It seems like only Grass-types can use it, except Sneasel can.

Because Linkandzelda originally used the Shiny Gold TM list (to be able to base learnsets of 3gen mons from someone). I know this myself from asking him at some point a few months ago.
    I suggested changing it to Psych Up (what the TM was in GSC), which he found fair enough.
    When I was messing with this and looking into changing movesets as well as adding some 3gen tutors, I got stuck on some issue. I later fixed it but forgot about it all lol.

Back