• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
Hi guys!

I have been playing liquid crystal for the past weeks and it has been a great experience! I am in Kanto now but I am having trouble because I did not get a bike back in Goldenrod city. Right now I am forced to go through bicycle road and I can't get a bike anymore... Is it possible to continue my game or do I need to restart and get the bike for the next run?

Thank you for the support!

Wait…why can't you simply go to Goldenrod and get the bike?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 10, 2017
Wait…why can't you simply go to Goldenrod and get the bike?

I tried that, but I can't fly there and the magnet train isn't available yet. I have tried the ship too but it is not open. Is there a way I am missing?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 10, 2017
Fly to Indigo Plateau (or is it Pokémon League, can't remember ATM), talk to the guy with the Psyduck Abra and he'll take you to New Bark Town.

Oh! I forgot that guy! Thank you! I will do that... So dumb lol😂

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 17, 2019
The ROM keeps restarting every time I go to select a Pokemon from Prof. Elm. Anyone else having this problem?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2017
Hey guys! Is there anyway to update the rom on GBA4ios without losing saves? As I play most roms on my I-pad which I can easily carry around with me. I have a laptop from which I patch roms but as I can't access the save files from my i-pad externally I don't know how I can Update it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Hey guys! Is there anyway to update the rom on GBA4ios without losing saves? As I play most roms on my I-pad which I can easily carry around with me. I have a laptop from which I patch roms but as I can't access the save files from my i-pad externally I don't know how I can Update it.

You can reach to the files through iTunes on the device menu. When you found the files, you'll notice .sav files which are the save files of the roms. You can delete the rom and transfer the updated one but the .sav file's and rom's names MUST be the exactly same. If they are same, GBA4iOS is going to detect the save file.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2017
Thanks for the post, but I already tried and failed as I changed the file name. Still appreciated though and will definitely follow this everytime from now on.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Thanks for the post, but I already tried and failed as I changed the file name. Still appreciated though and will definitely follow this everytime from now on.

Are you certain that the save file from your old version is compatible with the updated one? Because for the past three years my method had worked perfectly between compatible versions of the hacks. If it is not compatible then unfortunately there is no way that you can use your old save file with the updated version, I'm sorry...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 10, 2018
I want to play this rom, it looks amazing! But first i need to know if is possible to trade/battle with my friends?

I'm at the first city and i can not see the stairs to the original trade station...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 10, 2018
Liquid Crystal does not support linking. I tried it. :(

But are you running on a flashcart? LC was designed to be run in an emulator.

Actually, i'm using MyBoy emulator for Android. I found that "Cable Club" in Goldenrod City's Pokémon Center. I tried to link it up with my other save in the same celphone (both from Pokémon Liquid Crytal). Both saves seems to be linked and both are allowed to enter the "trade/battle" room, like in the original games, but after that the screen turns black in both saves... The background songs is still playing btw.

The MyBoy emulator allows to link between celphones by bluetooth or wifi, i tried it in other roms and worked fine.

sorry for my eng ;p

Years
Actually, i'm using MyBoy emulator for Android. I found that "Cable Club" in Goldenrod City's Pokémon Center. I tried to link it up with my other save in the same celphone (both from Pokémon Liquid Crytal). Both saves seems to be linked and both are allowed to enter the "trade/battle" room, like in the original games, but after that the screen turns black in both saves... The background songs is still playing btw.

The MyBoy emulator allows to link between celphones by bluetooth or wifi, i tried it in other roms and worked fine.

sorry for my eng ;p

Your English wasn't that bad.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I meant to ask this for a while now but I always forgot. Is there a way to fix the ROM's RTC Capability?
I'm using VBA 1.7.2 and it always thinks that today's Sunday for some reason, even though today's Tuesday.
I found these instructions, but I don't understand the process since they talk about "spots 173 to 176", but HxD has nothing like that.
8Kjw5BW.gif

EDIT: Alright, now I got it. I'm not used to use the text-based column at the right.
It's basically a matter of changing the ROM's Header ID which is in 0xAC, tried both AXVE and BPEE but the RTC still doesn't work though.

EDIT2: I guess there's no helping it, I'll just use 1.8.0b3 for Liquid Crystal. It'd be nice if there was a way to fix this problem in 1.7.2 though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Hey guys. I seem to have run into an issue with Mandarin city in which the police are out, but so are the Nexus grunts. I've beaten all of them, and am stuck at the police station. The grunts are in there as well as all the police officers, including the one in front of the stairs which blocks my progression. I can't walk through walls to get to it, because the officer is standing atop the transition area. Any fixes?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Hey LAZ, the Build Number needs to be updated to 3.3.00452 because there is a bug where I cant get up the stairs in the Police Dept in Mandarin City.

THIS. Walking through walls can't fix it. The lady at the desk of the police department acts like nothing is wrong, and there is also a nexus grunt outside that has a police officer under him.

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Pokemon Liquid Crystal's current and latest build is beta 3.3 00512. Try to update yours.

Back