• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Age 54
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I beat the Jhoto Pokemon league and I got the boat ticket. When I got to kanto I accidentally went back on the boat back to Jhoto now when I try and go to kanto again it says that the fast ship will sail again soon. Please help I want to continue playing this amazing from!!

Years
  • I beat the Jhoto Pokemon league and I got the boat ticket. When I got to kanto I accidentally went back on the boat back to Jhoto now when I try and go to kanto again it says that the fast ship will sail again soon. Please help I want to continue playing this amazing from!!

You should be able to Surf east from New Bark Town into Kanto and then Fly to Vermillion.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 20, 2018
    So I just updated the game to beta 3.3 00512. Patched it and everything.
    I'm on Route 58. If I go on land and try to surf back, the game restarts to the last save point. Also, battling is not giving me any exp.
    P.S. I've done the Mister G's machine deactivation mission and just trying to move forward with the story.

Help please !! I'm addicted to this game.

Edit: I tried using Fly. Game restarts. Also, I tried playing the game on laptop on VBA and on android on MyBoy; same issue on both emulators.

Last edited:

Lucifer4ik

Where am I ?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Baku
    • Seen Jan 11, 2024
    i wonder why i can't patch ds style 64x64 pokemon sprites to this hack no matter how i try it doesn't work with ds sprites patch. is there any way to change stupid looking ugly pokemon sprites to their ds style?

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 28, 2021
    So I've been searching all over Google but can't seem to find a fix for this. When I beat the E4 in Johto the first time I went back to New Bark, beat Brendan and got the ticket. But once I was in Vermilion my progress stopped. Snorlax blocks the Diglett tunnel, I can't go North due to Saturn blocking the path and a man blocking the underground, and I can't battle any of Surge's trainers or Surge himself. Anyone else having this issue or know what to do.

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jan 28, 2020
    I swear, this is the best hack i've ever played. It's so much fun. I especially like that you put in the Orange Islands. I sure wish I could do something to help Pokemon Liquid Crystal, linkandzelda.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jan 28, 2020
    The kid on Route 33 called my character "Mister" even though I picked the girl character. while not technically a bug, it still needs to be fixed. Plus, on the top floor of the cave near there. Absolutely no wild Pokemon appear. Also, there is a strange block over Bugsy's head. Plus, when I check a TM in the TM's case, it does not show the Physical and Special split symbols. And, Quasire at level 18?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 4, 2017
    Hehe thanks guys. 3.1 is not the final version there will be a beta 4 and then a final to follow. At least thats the plan ;)

Link

In the next update, can we use the old progress, or do we have to start all over again?

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jan 28, 2020
    I discovered a major glitch. During the Farfetch'd event, after I leave it then come back, it will block my way and now I can't get passed. Sorry if i'm commenting too much, but I just love this hack and I wish the best for it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jan 28, 2020
    2017-10-01.png

Here is a Gyarados sprite which I think would look good with Liquid Crystal. (Yes, I have the shiny version too). I got it from Pokemon Golden Sun.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jan 28, 2020
    New found glitch: In the Goldenrod Pokemon Center, my character moves slowly for no reason. and when I look at one of the maps in the houses, it shows the FRLG character head instead of the new characters.

Last edited:

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
    Years
  • Just finished main story - still one of the best rom hacks that I've played! Well done for making such a sick game!
    (Btw the rapper Ugly God was playing liquid crystal on his instagram story, consider that a win)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    I don't know whether to start playing this or hold out in hopes for an update.

Currently waiting on Adventure Red which may (or may not) be out near Christmas time this year if all goes well.

Just anxious to play a ROM but I don't know which one at the moment.

Back