• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 7, 2018
Does anyone know where I can find Mantine?

I keep seeing info stating that it's in Cherrygrove City, particularly when surfing. However, I only see Tentacools.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 4, 2021
Does anyone know if there's any newer build or update? I'm in Mandarin city trying to go to route 59 but its completely empty. But I can find videos on YouTube where people are going a lot further than this. It shows my build to be 3.3.00512.

Years
Just wanted to say I don't really think too much of this "Axel" dude.Keeps stepping into my spotlight and getting to be praised like a main character instead of being treated as a side one.That's my only criticism of this well-done game.

Edit:Gonna write a game review once I finish...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
Is there anything else to do after you encounter Mr.R in the old warehouse? the battle room just crashes the game, and I tried exploring blocked building by the grunts with wall cheat and it seems only 1 has an actual internal space, the house at the top of the last city has the ex- safari warden inside, nothing else (including the cave on the south part of the map) has anything inside them.

Hope there will be an update in the near future, best rom hack Iv'e ever played

Years
HUGE POST AHEAD
My review for this game

The Pros
oGreat graphics

oGreat music

oNice challenge,good level curve

oMost new characters are tolerable

oDev cameos were pretty funny and didn't feel forced

oChanging weather is really cool

oThe big sea makes the world feel more connected

oThe expanded lore is pretty interesting and made for a plot twist I didn't see coming

oThe new areas also help make the world look bigger and makes it more of an adventure

oI really appreciated the addition of the B&W repel system

oI also really liked how the pokegear showed the time and day.

oSome nice memes in the game

The Cons-
oNot any that stick out

Bugs/Minor Issues:
oGlitched tiles rarely appear but vanish after leaving area

oBugsy and Whitney's sprites were glitchy from the front in the overworld

o Sometimes small spelling mistakes like "profession"being spelled incorrectly during a dev cameo and a Grunt saying Seafoam Islands instead of Cinnabar Volcano.

oFly icon for New Bark town didn't work until very late postgame

oWhen the player knocks down the rocks on Cinnabar and Axel goes inside the player moves aside and steps on top of Blue's sprite.

oWhen I first used Dive it showed an Egg using it,but showed the correct pokemon afterwards

oIf you surface from Dive in the Dragon Cavern you cannot Dive back down

oIn Mt.Silver some tiles seem to not belong in there(small squares on furthest walls)

oIn the Safari Zone after he is defeated a grunt commands a Haunter to attack you,he does not have that pokemon.Dialouge belongs to a grunt infront of Crystal Caves.

oTrainer Mateo sprite is not only oddly colored but has a white square.
oIn Crystal Caves a bridge over the ice acts like ice causing the player to slide across it.

Future Updates?
oCannot battle in the Battle Tower
oPhone and Radio do not work
oSome new items not having updated bag menu sprites
oSome new items have old items descriptions
oClaire sometimes appears in Dragon's Den even in post-game

I will add any more bugs or whatever once I finish it,a Retroarch crash caused me to lose alot of progress in the Abandoned Lab.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 50
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
Why did you decapitalized the Trainer's names, Pokemon names and the move names?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Just have a quick question and was wondering if anyone here could provide any insight. When playing liquid crystal the trainer 'zeikku' has a shiny noctowl. I was wondering how I would be able to script a trainers pokemon in emerald to be shiny. Any info would be appreciated.

Back