• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen today
    @AshTheChosenOne

The Orange Islands part of the game is not even close to being completed. How do you expect to finish the game if you don't know what needs to be completed and don't know what the original idea of the creator was?

Also, did you get confirmation of the original creator that the hack is cancelled and you're allowed to pick it up where he/she left of?

Morshe

Tom moT
    Years
  • Does anybody has a soundtrack to this hack? I know someone uploaded some tracks over nine years ago, but it's from the old version.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    @Kalarie While I know the Orange Islands are heavily incomplete, but he has never really stated that he will drop it or complete it, directly. I did tweet him on the subject, so that we may finally get some closure on the matter at hand.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Liquid crystal was one of my all-time favorite ROM Hacks, so I'd be happy to continue where they left off if I was given written permission by LaZ/Zeikku.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Liquid crystal was one of my all-time favorite ROM Hacks, so I'd be happy to continue where they left off if I was given written permission by LaZ/Zeikku.

If you have the skills to complete the hack, I'd just go ahead and do it. Zeikku doesn't seem to be around anymore and there's virtually no chance this game is completed by him.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    If you have the skills to complete the hack, I'd just go ahead and do it. Zeikku doesn't seem to be around anymore and there's virtually no chance this game is completed by him.

But again, Pokécommunity has strict rules on using others' work without permission.

Edit: If we keep mentioning this, this thread is going to be locked, which would suck.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2023
    Hello everyone,

I'm an old school Pokemon fan who got into this hack pretty late (during quarantine), and I had a quick question. As far as I've been able to glean from other posts, it seems like the seer on the North end of Cianwood is supposed to be a move tutor for the ultimate starter moves (blast burn, hydro cannon and frenzy plant). However, despite having max friendship, I have been able to teach neither my Feraligatr nor my shiny, max IV Charizard (from a cheat) their ultimate move. I'm not sure if this was ever fixed, but I noticed a bug report from way back in 2009 saying "Lv50 Typhlosion can't learn the ultimate move at Cianwood? (Blast Burn)" here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4602114#post4602114

And yes, I'm aware that using cheats can cause glitches, however, the game has worked as advertised, at least until now, so I'm inclined to think this is unrelated. On the off chance that anyone can shed any light on the ultimate starter moves at this point, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Interesting. I looked through an old copy of Liquid Crystal, and found that I did have Frenzy Plant on my Meganium:
    U-YhYRGtRwSggdenLbKgzw.png

If you're talking about this woman in Cianwood, this is all she says on my end:
    iwRZowMARluA35MPfsRTvw.png

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2023
    Hey guys, I know it's a bit of a dead romhack but does anyone have a list of the locations for all the move tutors in this game?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    unknown.png

Rock Tomb: Azalea Poké Mart
    Dragon Claw: Goldenrod Space Centre
    Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Thunder Bolt: Goldenrod City, person outside Game Corner, on Wednesday and Saturday (or Sunday, idk), post−game exclusive
    Overheat: Olivine Café, where you also get HM04 Strength
    Extreme Speed: Dragon's Den, only learnable by Dratini, Cloyster and Smeargle
    Aerial Ace: Border between Route 43 and Mahogany Town
    Calm Mind: Blackthorn City
    Thunder Wave: Saffron City
    Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon/Frenzy Plant: Cianwood City, show a fully evolved starter with max friendship, I believe
    Light Screen: Cerulean City
    Belly Drum: Pallet Town

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Interesting. I looked through an old copy of Liquid Crystal, and found that I did have Frenzy Plant on my Meganium:
    U-YhYRGtRwSggdenLbKgzw.png

If you're talking about this woman in Cianwood, this is all she says on my end:
    iwRZowMARluA35MPfsRTvw.png

The seer in Cianwood doesn't teach the ultimate moves, they tell you how to evolve the Pokémon you choose.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    Hi, sorry to burst your bubble but the game won't be finished. I've long since moved on from it which is unfortunate. It was an amazing time for me working on it. As for my ideas I had initially decided to make it part of a trilogy of hacks, but those hacks won't ever see the light of day. But to share a bit about it the rest of the orange islands would be concluded by beating the orange league. After you manage that, you battle with Zane and he has deoxys in his party. Defeating him reveals that he was being controlled by deoxys all along. You then fight deoxys in a wild battle. After catching/killing him, Zane is left at the edge of the final island and gets washed away. That was the end of the story I planned. I also planned after that the B/W tournament system which there was a little bit about it when you beat Kanto and Axel calls you in. The idea behind that was to find all of the legendary trainers in various places, and battling them collects data which then appears in the tournament. I was going to have battles with Oak, Elm, and all sorts of other cameo battles. The 2nd game in the series would be Pokemon Platinum Origins, a Platinum demake. That would essentially run along side LC and it's story. The 3rd game would take story elements from Platinum Origins and LC to create 2 playable stories in 1 game. One of those players would be Zane, and it picks up right when he got washed away at the end of LC and ends up in another region. Either way, that won't see the light of day but that was my idea.

The 2nd idea was scrapping the entire orange islands existing plot and making it completely open world more like the sevii islands and just contain smaller localised plots with the same characters. That would be the thing to wrap everything up and not have any more hacks after it.

So yea, sorry that it won't be done, and I'd rather nobody finished it. If someone came to me and said hey I finished it, it's unreleased but take a look. I'd take a look at it and see. Doubt they would do that though.

Years
  • Hi, sorry to burst your bubble but the game won't be finished. I've long since moved on from it which is unfortunate. It was an amazing time for me working on it. As for my ideas I had initially decided to make it part of a trilogy of hacks, but those hacks won't ever see the light of day. But to share a bit about it the rest of the orange islands would be concluded by beating the orange league. After you manage that, you battle with Zane and he has deoxys in his party. Defeating him reveals that he was being controlled by deoxys all along. You then fight deoxys in a wild battle. After catching/killing him, Zane is left at the edge of the final island and gets washed away. That was the end of the story I planned. I also planned after that the B/W tournament system which there was a little bit about it when you beat Kanto and Axel calls you in. The idea behind that was to find all of the legendary trainers in various places, and battling them collects data which then appears in the tournament. I was going to have battles with Oak, Elm, and all sorts of other cameo battles. The 2nd game in the series would be Pokemon Platinum Origins, a Platinum demake. That would essentially run along side LC and it's story. The 3rd game would take story elements from Platinum Origins and LC to create 2 playable stories in 1 game. One of those players would be Zane, and it picks up right when he got washed away at the end of LC and ends up in another region. Either way, that won't see the light of day but that was my idea.

The 2nd idea was scrapping the entire orange islands existing plot and making it completely open world more like the sevii islands and just contain smaller localised plots with the same characters. That would be the thing to wrap everything up and not have any more hacks after it.

So yea, sorry that it won't be done, and I'd rather nobody finished it. If someone came to me and said hey I finished it, it's unreleased but take a look. I'd take a look at it and see. Doubt they would do that though.

Maybe hack repairman can do it the finish touches for it. He a great repairman.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I would also complete it, but I thought it would be against PokéCommunity's plagiarism rules if I did so without permission (which I could not get). But that story ending would have been sick to witness!
    Even though the game won't be finished, it's still one of my favorites. The other Johto hacks out there just don't have that charm that Liquid Crystal had, with the extra plots and stuff.

Back