• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    Since when do Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam require arms? Also, these are Gen 2 moves and Dragonair learns them in the original Crystal, as it was in my team back when I was a kid. Both in Gen 2 and Gen 3, Dragonair learns them, arms or no arms. From the Move Tutor for the former, and as TM for the latter. Either way, I went ahead and used gameshark codes to teach it the moves myself. I'll beat the E4 today. I even spent the money I would have used for the MT given that was the plan all along. Thanks anyway.

Lol...my bad. I thought you were referring to the elemental punches.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    I just beat the final gym leader Blue at the Viridian gym, but it says I only have 15 badges? I've gone and checked I've beaten all the other leaders, am I doing something wrong?

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Progress on Kris...

And sure, I'll throw in Mew and Mewtwo as updated sprites too. Just a couple more days

Miltanks that actually look like Miltanks
    Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Random other screens

Last edited:

jAvAcOlA

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    How difficult would it be to edit this game so that the Orange Island ferry doesn't run off of the real time clock? For someone with no experience whatsoever.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Sorry, only doing graphics modifications

Okay, so are you updating all 386 with ds-style graphics? If you are I have a pretty solid way of adding them all pretty quickly. Unless you already finished which is fine too.

Danno

Years
  • Okay, so are you updating all 386 with ds-style graphics? If you are I have a pretty solid way of adding them all pretty quickly. Unless you already finished which is fine too.

No, only select pokemon, namely the first and second gen starters and legendaries, and 3rd gen legendaries. I'm afraid that if I were to update all original pokemon sprites to DS graphics the game would corrupt. There is already an issue with Onix in the Pokedex (but not in battle). I found out that this game uses the leftover RSE trainer sprites in the beginning of the sprite set, so I'm working on fixing that and adding the rest right now. After that I'll do Kris's new front sprite and it'll be all set.

On a side note, I may use a patch from PokeMMO(which runs off Fire Red) created by RacheLucario and Darkshade that implements BW party icons:
    https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/39228-ips-pokemon-xy-party-icons/

And then there's this by Ultimatechris, which makes all in-battle pokemon sprites from gen 5. It could be tested with this after I finish the trainer sprites, and he's is using the same resource kit I am (for the pokemon in-battle sprites anyway):
    https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php...prites-kantojohto-is-available-at-the-moment/

Keep in mind, this is an unofficial update guys. Just for fun

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    No, only select pokemon, namely the first and second gen starters and legendaries, and 3rd gen legendaries. I'm afraid that if I were to update all original pokemon sprites to DS graphics the game would corrupt. There is already an issue with Onix in the Pokedex (but not in battle). I found out that this game uses the leftover RSE trainer sprites in the beginning of the sprite set, so I'm working on fixing that and adding the rest right now. After that I'll do Kris's new front sprite and it'll be all set.

On a side note, I may use a patch from PokeMMO(which runs off Fire Red) created by RacheLucario and Darkshade that implements BW party icons:
    https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/39228-ips-pokemon-xy-party-icons/

And then there's this by Ultimatechris, which makes all in-battle pokemon sprites from gen 5. It could be tested with this after I finish the trainer sprites, and he's is using the same resource kit I am (for the pokemon in-battle sprites anyway):
    https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php...prites-kantojohto-is-available-at-the-moment/

Keep in mind, this is an unofficial update guys. Just for fun

I'd like to test that. I'm afraid once my curiosity is piqued I can't control it. I'll be wary of once you're finished and after that i'll see what adding my DS-Style pokemon sprites will do. Sorry but this is for fun as well. I'll upload the file with the updated sprites if all turns out well.

Danno

Years
  • I'm no further than I was yesterday because today I tried cleaning out my desktop PC (I use my laptop for rom hacking, it's cool) and I bent and broke a CPU pin so I've been freaking out about that and trying to fix it, it's best I leave it alone and work on it another time... but yeah I'll do some testing with that DS pokemon sprites patch and see how it runs

EDIT: It's unstable... maybe you'll have better luck when I release what I'm working on

EDIT 2:
    It seems it's the DS Pokemon battle sprites that's unstable with LC. However, the party sprites are functional.

Last edited:

Skylar97

Hack enjoyer
    Years
  • Still glad to see work being made on this game :) This is easily the best johto remake imo. it had what I liked of crystal and then some extras to keep things fresh which is always welcome.

Also Meowth I LOVE the new sprites. my biggest erk to this game was some of the sprite work (no offence LAZ) My other question is that are you going to be updating some of the maps as well?

KeyRogue

No theme for now...
    Years
  • It seems it's the DS Pokemon battle sprites that's unstable with LC. However, the party sprites are functional.

Looking good, when it's released i'm gonna patch it immediately.

Spoiler:

Still glad to see work being made on this game This is easily the best johto remake imo. it had what I liked of crystal and then some extras to keep things fresh which is always welcome.

Also Meowth I LOVE the new sprites. my biggest erk to this game was some of the sprite work (no offence LAZ) My other question is that are you going to be updating some of the maps as well?

No, he's just gonna change the overworlds, trainers, pkmn & mini sprites in HGSS style.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Looking good, when it's released i'm gonna patch it immediately.

Spoiler:

No, he's just gonna change the overworlds, trainers, pkmn & mini sprites in HGSS style.

Actually, that's what i was gonna use when he was done with his edits. Since FireRed is a 386 game, it'd be easy to add those sprites. However, i looked into the Liquid Crystal ROM with Advanced Sprite Editor and there is no sprite for Onix. I'm just gonna leave it how it is though. Also, i'm gonna add reusable TMs.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2014
    In this game there is a man who shows the genes of your Pokemon (if you know what I mean). It is located near the Goldenrod. Attention to the question .... In what other game has such a man?

I mean IVs traning center, there are old man and he can show to you pokemons IVs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danno

Years
  • Looking good, when it's released i'm gonna patch it immediately.

Spoiler:

Yeah I used Chaos Rush's sprites for a few of the Pokemon, but I wasn't adding all of the pokemon sprites. I don't want to corrupt the game, I don't know how much room is left for repointing (on top of not knowing how much work is in Liquid Crystal, I haven't actively been a rom hacker in years)

Actually, that's what i was gonna use when he was done with his edits. Since FireRed is a 386 game, it'd be easy to add those sprites. However, i looked into the Liquid Crystal ROM with Advanced Sprite Editor and there is no sprite for Onix. I'm just gonna leave it how it is though. Also, i'm gonna add reusable TMs.

Try Nameless Sprite Editor 2, it's pretty awesome. Built in palette editor too.

Still just need Crystal's trainer sprite and it's good to hand off to you, but I've been pretty busy these last couple days unexpectedly

EDIT: I'll release what I have so far now, I might add more after Creator adds the pokemon in.

Anyways, I present to you the latest UNOFFICIAL graphics update. Download this and patch it over a clean fire red ROM.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ecs6n5

To those just seeing this, this patch updates some of the graphics to DS HGSS graphics.

Enjoy guys.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    how to solve stuck when i want to enter pokemon league enterance? i've already defeated pokemon league two times, first after collecting johto badges and second after collecting another 8 kanto badges. after that i just defeated Red, catch Lugia, 3 Regis, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza.

i want leveling my rayquaza at pokemon league but my character just stuck when i want enter the first elite4. so i just go valencia island and now in west vale pole but when defeat nexus or wild pokemon didn't gain exp, is it normal?

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Are 4th gen and above moves in this hack?
    New moves are very important to me personally as without them I don't have any motivation to start new hacks in general..

EDIT: with the addition of reusable TMs I might give it a shot, though!

Last edited:
    Back