• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Help the map does not work with patch liquid crystal additional edits i can't fly and the map its located in kanto. Sorry for my bad english :(

Did you read what i said? My patch is very buggy so download Meowth's,

Did you make a backup of your game? Because I only posted that patch because i couldn't test it myself, and i needed to see what was wrong with it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2014
    Alright. I'm having issues. I beat all 16 gym leaders. Got access to Silver Cave. I went and talked to the 3 guys there. Nothing happened. Then I went to Vermillion City and dove underwater. I'm in the undersea caverns and cannot figure out how to get back up. I acquired the ruby but everytime I go into water and press the B button, it doesn't allow me to go back up to the surface. Help?

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    If someone could help me out, I would be greatly appreciative. I have downloaded DeSmuME and played a hacked version of HG/SS in the past. I had no problems whatsoever; downloaded the emulator, downloaded the ROM, and then played the game through the "Open ROM" selection.

I have read the first ten pages of this thread twice and I couldn't find a solution.

I downloaded the new emulator for "VBA for LC" and unzipped it. I then downloaded the ROM from this thread. I tried opening the emulator first, but I keep getting "...d3d9_42.dll is missing from your computer" error. I then tried opening the ROM with the "open with..." feature and selecting the emulator, and got the same error. Removed and re-downloaded the emulator and ROM from the pokemonliquidcrystal.com website. Same errors.

I am running Windows 7 and can't seem to get this emulator running. Quite honestly, I also don't know what to do with the two .ips files (Pokemon - Liquid Crystal and LCBeta 2.1)... I did all of the Windows updates available on my computer, which was recommended on another site to fix the d3d9_42.dll error, but that still didn't work.

Some help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to play this seemingly awesomely-detailed hack!!

Thanks all,

SP

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • If someone could help me out, I would be greatly appreciative. I have downloaded DeSmuME and played a hacked version of HG/SS in the past. I had no problems whatsoever; downloaded the emulator, downloaded the ROM, and then played the game through the "Open ROM" selection.

I have read the first ten pages of this thread twice and I couldn't find a solution.

I downloaded the new emulator for "VBA for LC" and unzipped it. I then downloaded the ROM from this thread. I tried opening the emulator first, but I keep getting "...d3d9_42.dll is missing from your computer" error. I then tried opening the ROM with the "open with..." feature and selecting the emulator, and got the same error. Removed and re-downloaded the emulator and ROM from the pokemonliquidcrystal.com website. Same errors.

I am running Windows 7 and can't seem to get this emulator running. Quite honestly, I also don't know what to do with the two .ips files (Pokemon - Liquid Crystal and LCBeta 2.1)... I did all of the Windows updates available on my computer, which was recommended on another site to fix the d3d9_42.dll error, but that still didn't work.

Some help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to play this seemingly awesomely-detailed hack!!

Thanks all,

SP

https://www.tomshardware.com/forum/109606-13-d3dx9_42-error

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    tomshardware forum/109606-13-d3dx9_42-error

This will be my last post in this thread on this personal problem and then I can take it to PM with whomever would like to help. But...

Thanks, however I read similar websites after a quick Google of the error, and the only download link I trust is directly from Microsoft. When I try downloading, it gets to the initializing step and then gives me: "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and Direct.log in your Windows folder to determine problem." However, I don't seem to have a file named as either one of those, let alone a folder for it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    hi guys .. i got 15 badges and already defeated BLUE and BLAINE and also MISTY .. so where's the other badge to complete all the 16 badges ?? thanks for the reply

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    Does anyone know how to get to the other islands? I already finished the old mansion part and for some reason the guy still says the surf route is closrd and I don't know what else to do. It's been an amazing hack so far but now I'm just lost ._.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2014
    Best hack i ever playes.. and i played quite a lot of 'em...
    Some of most awosome things about this hack:

- is a remake of best pokemon game ever created, pkmn Crystal, and not just remake, but improvement
    - got gen. 4 move system.. that means that all not-useful pokemon with good stats, but w/o moves to use those stats, are useful again , f/o Gengar with Ghost type and lousy attack, in gen 2 ghost type moves was based on ATT stat, not SP attack... same for Krabby and his Water type, and high attack value, this Hack make all that pokemon still useful and amazing!!
    - a lot of good pokes are early avaible, and can be obtained with a little effort and patience... ( bagon in game center... - Amazing... too bad u didnt put Larvitar too, but this would be too overpowered ^^)
    - Amazingly good places to train EV, accesible early at startup.. no moar pain and sweat with EV training due to SP att enchancing poke spawning in grass 30% of the time!
    Now EV training area got 100% chance on spawn desired stat pokemon, and some even got propability of spawning 2 point EV poke!
    - No bugs / Glithes / etc. i currently obtained 7 badges in kanto and trained 3 pokes to 50lvl good nature/31iv and 252/252 EV and ecountered only one bug... that i workarounded myself w/o much problem

Things that i do not like in this hack..
    - low chance of Heracross ( he is my damn fav poke evah! ) so getting good nature with 31 att iv and good spd / def / hp iv will be a pain in the ass.. but.. c'mon that what are pKMN! games all are about.. not playing a game with starter poke and finish game in few hours, but creating a overpowered team of 10 + pokes with amazing IV / EV and moves... and rock them battle towers and etc.. :)
    - Out of combat effect of Synchronize dont work... no moar 10+ abras in bank and hunting pokes natures easily.. :(
    - Macho Brace is not avaible early on, as it were in RSE, or i am just dumb and didnt menage to find it..

So, for a final words of my post, this hack is what u were looking for, if u want to spend amazing time with pokemans, and try something new, with extra twist, that this hack is for u...

P.S i dont know how report bugs, so i will post it here, maybe someone will notice...
    So the bug is about Out of Battle synchronize effect.. it just dont work.. thats is very unpleasant because with a storm of abras avaible early on, searching for a good poke with good nature would be a lot, lot easier...

P.S 2 Thanks for the work on this hack, u are all doing awesome job and my sincerely wish is that u just keep it up, take care and go hunt 6x31 pokes!! gogo:)

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    ok im having an issue. ive walked into mahogany town on liquid crsytal, and when i went through the little building that lets you pass to the next route, i had two rockets stop and say i need to pay 1000 or whatever else i have. but then they go backwards and come back and this is an endless loop. ive never heard of any one else with this problem. any help?

Years
  • ok im having an issue. ive walked into mahogany town on liquid crsytal, and when i went through the little building that lets you pass to the next route, i had two rockets stop and say i need to pay 1000 or whatever else i have. but then they go backwards and come back and this is an endless loop. ive never heard of any one else with this problem. any help?

Well, that's weird. When I played that part I got through the Rockets, I just had to pay the price.:P
    Can I see the screenshot?

Last edited:

ZoruaAndAbsol

Master of Illusions
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022
    Me and my friend Nicky were gonna do a nuzlocke of this game, but he didn't get the rules. So I am playing through it normally. At the lake of Rage event, where you capture a Shiny Gyrados, I also caught a shiny Magikarp...

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    So, after figuring out where to go to get the Clear Bell, I've encountered a problem. I did all four of the puzzles. But the door to the last ruin did open.

Have I missed something?

Crystal was my first Pokemon game, and this is by far, one of my favorite hacks. Partially because it's a really great recreation.

ExtremeStyle

Pokemon hacks <3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2015
    Does this hack have 4th gen (and 5th gen) moves and learnsets? I'm asking because it has a physical/special split.

Back