• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Unbalanced

Divine
Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    You could play the original crystal with myoldboy emulator aswell
    And since your phone is a beast you could also play pokemon HG and SS with drastic emulator :D

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Found a design flaw in the ice-cave part of where you catch Groudon. If you catch/kill him and dont have dig or an escape rope, youre stuck there as I am sadly :/ I ****ing nuzlocked it that far too!

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    Hi guys, new member here.

Can anyone explain to me why the Legendary Birds aren't showing up? I believe I had the latest version of the hack and I have the three flutes on the pedestals. But somehow they aren't showing up :/

Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    Hi guys,

Did anyone experienced strong pokemons of the trainers in the upper part of CherryGrove City? I experienced it and it was really bad cause you know... beggining?
    Thanks!

ZoneX

Spriter
    Years
  • As a Gen 2 player(that's where I started out game-wise) I must say that this was awesome to play!! I got all the way up to Team Nexus' base in the Orange Islands!

My favorite feature of this would have to be the Physical/Special split!!

Overall, awesome job!!! I downloaded the 3.3 beta!! WOOT!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    Build: 3.3.00451

Bug: I used a repel but it never ended so now I have a never ending repel. When I try to use another one it says their is already one in affect. I can still battle pokemon above or at my front pokemons level though.

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • He said that he was working on it a few months ago. We haven't heard from him ever since then. So, I don't know if he's too busy doing something else or not.

Laz, is a quitter. To date there is not one rom hack he has completed which is why i stopped even looking to see if there was any progress. Someone might aswell close this thread.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Laz, is a quitter. To date there is not one rom hack he has completed which is why i stopped even looking to see if there was any progress. Someone might aswell close this thread.

I hope that you realize that Laz isn't alive just to create hacks for people like you, he's been extremely busy over the last summer and this year, he's only slowly starting to become more active (evidence from the hacking IRC)

Saying that someone might as well close the thread is also not something you can call, so it's his decision if he wants to. I'm going to see if I can get him to respond as proof to everyone here that he is actually still alive, and he'll eventually get back to creating his hacks. Even if he was a quitter, so what? Nothing you could possibly do about it.

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • I PM'd him not to long ago, after he was active.With no reply. I understand that his soul purpose in life isn't to make rom hacks for people. But if you have thousands of fans of various things you are a part of the least you can do is reply to your threads in some way instead of lurking the forum like we don't exist. Especially if you are already looking at the thread. Not to mention a moderator can close threads if they please, and seeing how the game hasn't seen progress in months, the thread should be closed.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Laz, is a quitter. To date there is not one rom hack he has completed which is why i stopped even looking to see if there was any progress. Someone might aswell close this thread.

I'd like to point out that LC is still on hold with the intention to be finished, along with my other hacks. Unfortunately, real life takes the priority over hacking. I know it must be hard to wait, it's almost been 2 years since my hiatus post, but I'll be returning soon enough ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    I've got a problem with Goldenrod Science Centre. When I go to the fossils guy and talko to him about giving him fossils he says that his machine isn't working. How to make it work?
    And can I give him DNA sample from Cerulean cave?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Build: 3.3.00451

-The New Barn Town's song at the GBP Card sounds weird, like.. it skip some instruments and doesn't feel like New Bark at all (Without the GBP ON, it sounds pretty much, besides being a slighty modified version xD)
    -GBP doesn't have a proper sound when you pick an item, a berry or heal the Pokemons at the PCenter.
    -You can use a Wailmer Pail at the Route 33 (After the Union Cave), even when you doesn't have it :/
    -I guess this is an error with Bugsy's minisprite at that frame, because when i talked with him and he looked at the right, it dissapeared.
    Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

-The Trade/Battle machine at Goldenrod's PCC isn't working.. i've tried to trade my Fire Red Generations Aron to LC and when the characters were joining to the room, the screen went black..
    -I did the trade for a Machop at Goldenrod's Mart, and it came with a Mail where it says "That's a healthy Jynx", but i don't have any Jynx :/

-In the National Park, this lady have a Persian which looks like a Male Nidoran xD

-So.. Whitney, are you okay? :/

I'll report more bugs if i find more :)

Cya~

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    Yeah with regards to the previous poster's comments I also would like to add that it'd help to have 3rd gen renditions of those areas, it's quite important to do this because I can't interact with parts of the game envirornment in the current setup. Especially in the ruins of alph when trying to access the treasure rooms, I can't so much as read the new unown script the scientists ponder over in the Kabuto puzzle chamber and because of that even when I use an escape rope (the action to open the room) the room wont open. The necessity to updat some of the maps to 3rd gen and fix interactive features in all areas would help a lot.

Back