• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2021
    I'm having an issue downloading the latest patch from the main website, any chance someone could link me a download for it? thanks!!

Years
  • Champion battle theme

Aria Maestosa refuses to export the audio with the soundfont, so I had to use Soundflower and QuickTime. :(

I added the harps that HGSS had, changed a few instruments, tweaked volume (to tone down the guitars a bit), add a few harmonizations, and added a drum beat (although I suck at transitions).

I don't know if this will actually work on the GBA because I may have too many tracks, but attached is the recording. The drum beat is what I am really worried about.

Excuse the weird cutout halfway through and the delay before and after.

And, by the way, @188john, FIQ already answered Nylon's question 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

• Champion Battle WIP.m4a
      2.2 MB · Views: 1
    Years
  • During my gameplay, the GB sound of New Bark Town and Route 3 is glitchy. Is this bug fixed?

Maybe you should download the latest patch and see? Had to.
    I also noticed that the healing sound in the Pokécenter is not working, either.

By the way, anyone interested in (at least what I think will be) a more balanced Flareon?
    My changes:
    • Flareon is finally capable of taking a few physical hits, with a Defense stat of 95.
    • Flareon is slightly slower and now has a pathetic Special Attack. But it won't need it anymore.
    • Learns almost exclusively physical moves, including Flame Wheel (Lv. 27), Body Slam (Lv. 40), and Sacred Fire (Lv 55).
    • Removed Helping Hand, useless with the severe lack of Double Battles. I am planning on removing it from all Pokémon, and replacing them with others (Example: Eevee has Tackle when you first obtain it, and Growlithe will finally learn Growl!).
    • Can learn Strength and Thief.
    • No longer learns Leer. I mean, seriously? Level 47 for LEER?! At that point, Flareon is OHKOing with Quick Attack!
    • However, Flareon now learns Screech at Level 30. Which is terrifying!
    • Learns QA and Bite earlier. (20, 24, respectively)
    • Screw you, Fire Spin!
    • Also, it doesn't learn Smog anymore. I always thought of it as an Umbreon thing.
    • Still learns Flamethrower (a few levels earlier, level 48), but it isn't as useful.

Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Last edited:

Trainer 766

Flareon is finally capable of taking a few physical hits, with a Defense stat of 95.
    Flareon is already more than capable of taking a few special hits,but yeah,a physical defense buff will be quite decent.

Flareon is slightly slower and now has a pathetic Special Attack. But it won't need it anymore.
    Flareon doesn't need speed or special attacks.The attack stat is already pretty OP.So yeah.

Learns almost exclusively physical moves, including Flame Wheel (Lv. 27), Body Slam (Lv. 40), and Sacred Fire (Lv 55).
    Like I said,the attack stat is pretty OP and it won't need special attacks.I agree on this one.But why give Sacred Fire,a signature move,to Flareon?Let Sacred Fire stay a Ho-oh exclusive move.

Removed Helping Hand, useless with the severe lack of Double Battles. I am planning on removing it from all Pokémon, and replacing them with others (Example: Eevee has Tackle when you first obtain it, and Growlithe will finally learn Growl!).
    Helping Hand is useless because there's actually only a few Double Battles throughout the game.Even though if there's a Double Battle,the most likelihood of players using Helping Hand is 0.00% because nobody wants that sh*tty move.And I find it weird Growlithe can't learn something that it was meant to do.Heck,the word "Growl" is even in its name.

Can learn Strength and Thief.
    Skip.

No longer learns Leer. I mean, seriously? Level 47 for LEER?! At that point, Flareon is OHKOing with Quick Attack!
    Yeah...about this,didn't you say...

However, Flareon now learns Screech at Level 30. Which is terrifying!
    ...Quick Attack will OHKO do the job?

Learns QA and Bite earlier. (20, 24, respectively)
    Yeah!Heck yeah!

Screw you, Fire Spin!
    Screw Fire Spin.It doesn't need any special attacks actually.Flame Wheel is already enough.

Also, it doesn't learn Smog anymore. I always thought of it as an Umbreon thing.
    It's fire,and fire produces poisonous smoke.That thing won't make sense with Umbreon too.

Still learns Flamethrower (a few levels earlier, level 48), but it isn't as useful.
    It doesn't need any special attacks actually.Flame Wheel is already enough.

Tbh,I don't even know if PSS Split is implemented in this hack.

EDIT:Nevermind,it is.

Years
  • Like I said,the attack stat is pretty OP and it won't need special attacks.I agree on this one.But why give Sacred Fire,a signature move,to Flareon?Let Sacred Fire stay a Ho-oh exclusive move.
    Okay. My only concern is that the only physical fire moves are Flame Wheel, Blaze Kick, Fire Punch, and Sacred Fire.
    Blaze Kick and Sacred Fire are signature moves, although Gen 6 Entei learns Sacred Fire and Hitmonlee can learn Blaze Kick in Gen 4…so…hmm.

And how would Flareon kick or punch…
    Although, Wooper can learn Ice Punch, so…umm…yeah…

Helping Hand is useless because there's actually only a few Double Battles throughout the game.Even though if there's a Double Battle,the most likelihood of players using Helping Hand is 0.00% because nobody wants that sh*tty move.And I find it weird Growlithe can't learn something that it was meant to do.Heck,the word "Growl" is even in its name.
    Amen.
    I was also thinking the aforementioned Togepi Extrasensory, Sentret getting Baton Pass and Hyper Voice, and a few others. Maybe Plusle/Minun will get some actual attacks.

Yeah...about this,didn't you say Quick Attack will OHKO do the job?

Removing Screech, and I might add Leer early.
    Eevee should really be given at Level 10. My team was at about 25 when I got him and I was grinding a lot. Especially because at about the same time, you can get a Level 5 Cyndaquil.

Earlier QA and Bite

Actually, looking at the Gen 6 learnests for Eevee and Flareon, they learn the moves even earlier than that. Dimmed out moves aren't available in Gen 3. I wish they were. It would be so much easier if the patch was released after MrDS's base so we could easily add all the new moves.

Eevee:
    Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]
    Flareon:

Eevee has 9 learnset slots, Flareon has 11.

Ideas? Fire Fang is essentially Flame Wheel.

It's fire,and fire produces poisonous smoke.That thing won't make sense with Umbreon too.
    Ok. I might add it back.
    Maybe I keep assigning it to Umbreon because of Zane or Axel or whoever had the Umbreon with its f***ing annoying Toxic/Wish.

It doesn't need any special attacks actually.Flame Wheel is already enough.

Flame Wheel is fun. My first play through, I had an adamant Cyn.
    Flame Wheel + T-punch + QA + Swift was what I believe I had before I lost my save. I just beat Lt. Surge as well. :(

Last edited:

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
    Years
  • Maybe you should download the latest patch and see? Had to.
    I also noticed that the healing sound in the Pokécenter is not working, either.

By the way, anyone interested in (at least what I think will be) a more balanced Flareon?
    My changes:
    • Flareon is finally capable of taking a few physical hits, with a Defense stat of 95.
    • Flareon is slightly slower and now has a pathetic Special Attack. But it won't need it anymore.
    • Learns almost exclusively physical moves, including Flame Wheel (Lv. 27), Body Slam (Lv. 40), and Sacred Fire (Lv 55).
    • Removed Helping Hand, useless with the severe lack of Double Battles. I am planning on removing it from all Pokémon, and replacing them with others (Example: Eevee has Tackle when you first obtain it, and Growlithe will finally learn Growl!).
    • Can learn Strength and Thief.
    • No longer learns Leer. I mean, seriously? Level 47 for LEER?! At that point, Flareon is OHKOing with Quick Attack!
    • However, Flareon now learns Screech at Level 30. Which is terrifying!
    • Learns QA and Bite earlier. (20, 24, respectively)
    • Screw you, Fire Spin!
    • Also, it doesn't learn Smog anymore. I always thought of it as an Umbreon thing.
    • Still learns Flamethrower (a few levels earlier, level 48), but it isn't as useful.

View attachment 80557View attachment 80559
    I hate making any major changes to Base Stats, and I prefer only new movesets.
    Screech? How can Flareon emit screech?
    Flamethrower is almost mandatory, but Fire Blast and Heat Wave is also selectable.
    Flareon can learn Superpower via tutoring (since Gen IV), so adding it to its level-up moveset is a good idea.

Years
  • I hate making any major changes to Base Stats, and I prefer only new movesets.
    Yeah, but Flareon's stats are one of its primary issues. Being unable to take physical hits and being slow is pathetic. Although I might have an alternative:

65 HP
    130 Atk
    65 Def
    60 Sp. Atk
    110 Sp. Def
    95 Spd

We already have two other really slow Eeveelutions (Vaporeon and Umbreon), both of which are kind of tanky.
    And that is what Fire-types are like. Powerful, relatively fast attackers that have mediocre defense.

Screech? How can Flareon emit screech?

Yeah, I am probably going to switch it with Leer at an early level. The only potential Screecher is Jolteon.

Flamethrower is almost mandatory, but Fire Blast and Heat Wave is also selectable.
    What good is it? Combusken and Blaziken can't learn Flamethrower unless they wait it out with Torchic or give it a TM.

Flareon can learn Superpower via tutoring (since Gen IV), so adding it to its level-up moveset is a good idea.
    Okay.

I also have a few questions about the legendary dogs.
    First of all, in two consecutive days, I have encountered (legit) and captured (with save state abuse) all three of the dogs. This is before I even fought Clair!
    I have renamed them to express my frustration:
    Is it just me, or are they WAY TOO EASY to encounter? When I played HeartGold, I never even encountered one.
    It felt kind of like this:
    Spoiler:

I almost want to release them because it just didn't feel right to encounter them all so quickly.

I also found Jirachi but chose not to battle it (I didn't have Ultra Balls).
    Still no Clair!
    Seriously, using Advance Map, the legendaries are seriously too close together. (spoilers)
    Spoiler:

They really need to be spread out even more.

Also, just curious, is the Roar glitch fixed in this? You know, the one where if they use Roar, they disappear?

And lastly, is it possible to get the Crystal-style legendary music instead of a key change? Even better, a future goal may be to have unique music for each of the dogs like HGSS has.

Also, some other encounters that shouldn't exist:
    • Wynaut on Route 35 (it is almost unfair for Whitney)
    • Level 10 Tentacool in the water behind Clair's gym
    • Level 5 (?) Tentacool on Route 43
    • Magikarp in the water south of the Lake of Rage are significantly higher leveled than the ones actually in the lake

Also, some Hoenn suggestions:
    • Dark Cave:
      • Violet side should have Poochyena
      • Blackthorn side should have Absol (get it, Dark types?)
    • National Park
      • Using two maps, split the Poké Ball in half. The top half should have:
        • Caterpie
        • Metapod
        • Cascoon
        • Silcoon
        • Shroomish
        • Surskit
        • ...?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update: I evolved my Eevee into Jolteon (for now) and realized it can learn Double Kick.

Soooo…Flareon will learn Blaze Kick. Sorry, Blaziken.

Level 45, and replace Sacred Fire?
    I really don't like the idea of having Flamethrower on a pretty much strictly physical attacker, but maybe Flareon will learn it in the late 30s, because it is special and Flareon is not a special attacker.

Years
  • Sorry for the double post and general talkativeness.

I am editing this to say that I found a few things wrong with the IV checker.
    1. Defense, not Defence.
    2. Speed should come last, to go with the order of the stats shown in-game and on other sources.
    3. If you press B when you go to select a Pokémon, he will blab about an imaginary Pokémon that has 30 HP, 13 Attack, 22 Defense, 30 Sp. Atk, 30 Sp. Def., and 21 speed (I wouldn't mind having it at all, though!) :P
    4. You can check eggs. It's awesome, but it kind of makes breeding too easy.
    5. It would be nice if there was a PC in the room.
    6. Maybe put a Strength boulder or a section of water next to the house so we can go to it later in the game without going through all that grass. Even Rock Smash will do; but that can be obtained right after Sudowoodo.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    it would be great to have 2 gen evolution (like weavile, mamoswin, gliscor)

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2024
    Someone should definitely ask linkanzelda for permission and update the game with cross gen evolution, new moves and pokemon and fairy type and other neat stuff like blazed glazed with pokemon glazed.

Trainer 766

Someone should definitely ask linkanzelda for permission and update the game with cross gen evolution, new moves and pokemon and fairy type and other neat stuff like blazed glazed with pokemon glazed.
    Thing is is linkandzelda still working on it?

If we really need a Fire Red ROM Hacker who can turn this hack into some remaster like Theta Emerald or Ruby Renev,we will definitely have a blast.But who's gonna do it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2024
    Well, someone might be interested in upgrading the game if Linkanzelda himself were to pass the project to somone else, then again I don't even know if he's still working on it or not, would be quite the surprise if he actually is working on something big right now. :)

Years
  • [FONT="Geo,sans-serif"]Originally Posted by PKMN TRAINER RED

[/FONT]

@linkandzelda, it's now official. YOU are the quietest character in the entirety of PokéCommunity! ;)

Could you at least give us a hint to your existence? I am NOT going up to Mt. Silver to try and find you!

Hey, with the Eevee thing, how about I replace Tackle with QA completely?
    And here is Take 2 at Flareon:
    Spoiler:

@Road_to_Cerulean GameFreak removed Flamethrower, too. I decided it had to go.

Last edited:
    Back