• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
Years
  • I have a question to some evolutions because glaceon and leafeon evolve near a rock.
    And some evolve in a place (mt. Coronet) are they also gonna evolve like that or in a difrent Way?

Ttar0914

Years
  • I have a question to some evolutions because glaceon and leafeon evolve near a rock.
    And some evolve in a place (mt. Coronet) are they also gonna evolve like that or in a difrent Way?

Well, since both are platinum demakes, they'll of course have this evolution system, especially Platinum Red, because it's the 100% demake.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years

I have the asm made up, I just need to insert it and edit the eevee evolutions. I'll make a vid tomorrow (if I'm available), who's interested?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    I would love to see that video! I always look forward to see progress on this hack set.

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
    Years
  • i would also love to see a video about it :-D
    and i just also love when there come updates about the game since pokemon platinum is one of my favourite games :-)

Years
  • Wich one is more "equal" to Platinum?I never had a DS and my PC is too weak to run the emulator,I see various hacks in the internet with "Platinum GBA" in the name,promissing that "If this game was a cartridge lauched in the GBA times,it will be like the original Platinum' or thart "The history is the same,the graphics are the same"etc(does etc exists in english?It means something like"Lots of things more"?),but at the end just the starters changed to other region(some of them doesn't even are from Sinnoh),others change nothing and have ads that make the owner of the site gain various things(or the site is virused,i protect my PC and don't get virus).

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Wich one is more "equal" to Platinum?I never had a DS and my PC is too weak to run the emulator,I see various hacks in the internet with "Platinum GBA" in the name,promissing that "If this game was a cartridge lauched in the GBA times,it will be like the original Platinum' or thart "The history is the same,the graphics are the same"etc(does etc exists in english?It means something like"Lots of things more"?),but at the end just the starters changed to other region(some of them doesn't even are from Sinnoh),others change nothing and have ads that make the owner of the site gain various things(or the site is virused,i protect my PC and don't get virus).

afaik what we are working on is the first 100% accurate Platinum demake for GBA.

Years
  • I know that you and your team have pans to make this a FULL DEMAKE, but I have still have some questions. xP

Will you be adding all the post game things? Such as, Battle Frontier, obtaining the adamant and lustrous orb and capturing Dialga and Palkia? Heatran and Cresselia, E4 rematches, the villa you get after beating the E4, and any other things I may have missed?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I know that you and your team have pans to make this a FULL DEMAKE, but I have still have some questions. xP

Will you be adding all the post game things? Such as, Battle Frontier, obtaining the adamant and lustrous orb and capturing Dialga and Palkia? Heatran and Cresselia, E4 rematches, the villa you get after beating the E4, and any other things I may have missed?

OFC that's gonna be there, why wouldn't it? :D

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Aren't you stymied by the fact that since this is a full demake, a moving sprite of pokemon when battling is needed since its in pokemon platinum? It's okay if pokemon won't move if its the rom's limitations though but that would be a first(i think) if firered followed how pokemon behaved at crystal, emerald etc..

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Aren't you stymied by the fact that since this is a full demake, a moving sprite of pokemon when battling is needed since its in pokemon platinum? It's okay if pokemon won't move if its the rom's limitations though but that would be a first(i think) if firered followed how pokemon behaved at crystal, emerald etc..
    It's not a question of whether he can, but rather if he should. Pokemon animation can be supported by the GBA engine, which Pokemon Emerald is a clear example of, so I am confident that if Gogo desired, he could probably implement animations into PR/PB.

The problem is, there aren't any resized secondary sprites out there for 493 Pokemon in DS style, and unless Gogo finds a way to clone Chaos Rush and make a team of dedicated spriters, it's not gonna happen in the foreseeable future. So it's probably not gonna happen. I'm not really bothered though; Pokemon animations in Emerald/4th gen weren't that great anyways. Trainer animations, on the other hand though... that'd be something interesting to see lol.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    oh men i've been waiting for weeks and still beta 1 has'nt released yet -_-

Let him take his time. It would be better if it wasn't rushed, plus, it takes a while to make a good rom hack, and considering that he's adding stuff from generation 4 it would take even longer. GoGo and daniilS are working hard on it every day to make this.. It will be eventually released, just have patience :p

Let him take his time. It would be better if it wasn't rushed, plus, it takes a while to make a good rom hack, and considering that he's adding stuff from generation 4 it would take even longer. GoGo and daniilS are working hard on it every day to make this.. It will be eventually released, just have patience :p

well you have a point. sorry men... i just remember the saying "quality takes time."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back