• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I wonder if he will make cheats and then sell them secretly. Hehe

that would be evil.... I love it :badsmile:

Umm you both realize that zel said in an earlier post (I can't remember if it was on this thread or the old one) but since the base rom of SG is FR, FR cheats will work, but its pointless to use cheats as they remove the challenge (aka fun) of the game.

By the way, will the Pokemon research lab (formerly located on cinnibar) make a comeback, and if so will the player be able to recieve the old amber in pewter? (or possibly other fossils elsewhere)
thanks
awesome hack!

Last edited:

Pieandcowz

Teh Moo Cow
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2014
will there be the trading thing ability for this hack? if so that would be awesome. Also will all the area's be put together other than looking like separate islands cause it really annoys the heck out of me.. One more thing. how do you get past those whirlpools in the water?

Zowayix

hi
Years
@girafarig: in the original gold, you could get aerodactyl from an in-game trade, don't know if zel's going to keep that or something..

@Pieandcowz: Once you beat the Mahogany Town rocket hideout, Lance gives you a Clamperl that knows Whirlpool. Alternatively, you could try
Spoiler:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
will there be the trading thing ability for this hack? if so that would be awesome. Also will all the area's be put together other than looking like separate islands cause it really annoys the heck out of me.. One more thing. how do you get past those whirlpools in the water?

You can trade with other FR and LG roms (Or hacks of those roms) via VBA link, but I think Zel said that once we reach Pallet town we will be able to trade with Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald aswell.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2010
I saw the pictures of next Beta.What Do you mean ''Baby kangashan''preEvo?

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
Noo, i think he means a small kangashkan like a baby? a small kangashkan im sure zel said some where he dosnt like making/adding fakemon's (eg. a pre evo kanga)
EDIT:Poo pizzakoe beat me to it -.-

Pieandcowz

Teh Moo Cow
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2014
fire red cheats work for the game :) but the only ones i use are encounter less pokemon thing. where can i find a dragon pokemon to go to the 7th gymleader in that one cave...

Last edited:

shinyraichu

The Master of Electricity
Years
I'm not sure if it was already asked, but do you plan anything for the Clefairy event in the next beta or any other beta? I mean the one just beyond Mt. Moon. It would be cool, but would require proper timing, something hard to find in a FR hack. Anyway, keep it up. Hopefully Beta 5 will be done before the new year.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
I'm not sure if it was already asked, but do you plan anything for the Clefairy event in the next beta or any other beta? I mean the one just beyond Mt. Moon. It would be cool, but would require proper timing, something hard to find in a FR hack. Anyway, keep it up. Hopefully Beta 5 will be done before the new year.

If it was in the original gold it should be in shinygold

Edit: 70th Post! yay!

Years
Zel which legends is gonna be in the bete5? only celebi and ho-oh, bacause it woult be cool if there were one more... like it coult be tha we woult be able to go and get mewtwo, og moltres in some cave, or latias, and latios is in the leagaucave, that woult be so much much more cool, and shure make me start all over the game, so use your fantasy and a lagend, bacause why do it all need to be ind the end of the game?, some kind of sideqvis in the midle of a game woult make a lot more cool!!!!

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
Years
Lol, I think his name came from Genkis Kahn or something. He was a king or somethin' like that.

He was just the biggest conqueror of all time, nothing really important right? Both of you are correct. It ressembles a Kangeroo, but the used the name of Genghis Khan aswell.

Anyway, on topic. I'm really glad with the progress this hack is making and how innovative Zel is with scripting. The way you implemented the Phone and the Red Gyarados is quite amazing. If you manage to create the Free Roam for the 3 dogs, this hack will pretty much be Gold, but with newer graphics, more battles and new innovative storylines.

I don't really like starting all over, so I'm waiting for the final release version. I'm very curious how you'll implement all the legendary events, as we've gathered about 20 (?) legendaries over the first 3 generations. Will all be with new scripts and events, because starting off those things from scratch, would take an enourmous amount of time ...

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Zel which legends is gonna be in the bete5? only celebi and ho-oh, bacause it woult be cool if there were one more... like it coult be tha we woult be able to go and get mewtwo, og moltres in some cave, or latias, and latios is in the leagaucave, that woult be so much much more cool, and shure make me start all over the game, so use your fantasy and a lagend, bacause why do it all need to be ind the end of the game?, some kind of sideqvis in the midle of a game woult make a lot more cool!!!!

all pkmn are catchable in shinygold and in the future betas...
no only celebi and ho-oh, zel is currently working on mewtwo's lair beside bill's house on cerulean city...

Veng3anc3

Woah..
Years
pretty stupid question (for zel) but do you want me to have a shot at a elm OW or are you getting one made in the future.. or what? :O

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
Zel probably won't need your help, and if you're interested in helping others, PM them or ask in their threads. don't spam this one please

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
No, sorry. No screenshots today, because this will be (as you can imagine) a pretty big Multi-Quote post. That's what happens when you are two days away :P

You are wrong - he could choose in VBA - Options -> Video -> Disable SFX :P

Well, I had to laugh at that one! :laugh:

do you need help with any sprites? If you have aim or yahoo messenger pm me with it cause I can help you with a lot of stuff for the game.

No, thanks. No need for help for now.

Wonder what's going to happen with the baby kangaskhan...
Can't wait for beta5!

I don't know why people started to believe you'd battle the Baby as a new Pokemon. You guys already know that I won't be inserting a new Pokemon, cause that makes you lose some "compatibility" with the other games. Besides, there's people already doing "new pokemon hacks", so you have to play those hacks if you want new pokemon.

Hey, could you spoil any of the new trick house's tricks?

Spoiling puzzles may do things a bit boring when you play the game, don't you think Sergio? I don't think I'll spoil them, but maybe I'll take a screenshot or two if it doesn't spoil too much.

Are you Going to change/remix the musics from Kanto, Also?

Plans are to change all the BGMs. This includes Kanto as well.

u know.there could be a pikachu or lapras isle which has a pikachu beach where u can get shiny pichus in an egg and u could get a baby lapras from lapras river.zel,if u like the idea i'll pm u a map.

well next week,i'll send it onto here as well.bye

I have tried giving a shiny pokemon egg some time ago. Unfortunately, the ASM code for the shiny thing doesn't work on eggs (it should be on when it hatches, I guess. But, who knows when will the egg hatch? You could be anywhere)

Three things: 1-I don't like cheats. 2-Making money out of a cheat is even more evil than making money out of a rom hack. 3-And, I'm not a :pirate:

Hey Zel, will you do the Trick House much trickier than R/S/E? I (and many others) would like if it is much trickier than before XD. Well, keep up!

Well, I'm having a hard time thinking wicked stuff to put in the puzzles. If they'll be trickier, that's something you'll have to judge when the time comes :)

where can i find a dragon pokemon to go to the 7th gymleader in that one cave...

If I'm not mistaken, Trapinch should be at the route south of Blackthorn (I may be mistaken). Or you can catch a Horsea at Whirl Islands and after some hard training it could become the best Pokemon in the whole Pokemon Universe... a Kingdra <3

Yes, it was asked in the old thread, but anyway. It's another Moon Stone, but I think I'll not use the timed-event for that particular event (may be overused and I don't want that). Probably will end up as a one time event getting mixed with J&J)

There are gonna be some legendary optional side-quests in the middle of the game. Cannot be giving too much info, but I think I mentioned who'd be those legendaries, anyway:
Spoiler:

I don't really like starting all over, so I'm waiting for the final release version. I'm very curious how you'll implement all the legendary events, as we've gathered about 20 (?) legendaries over the first 3 generations. Will all be with new scripts and events, because starting off those things from scratch, would take an enourmous amount of time ...

Yes, that's why I prefer to be dedicated on the game's normal gameplay, and not the legendaries right away. Most of them will be implemented in the final version, where I'll be more concentrated on making their events exclusively.

all pkmn are catchable in shinygold and in the future betas...
no only celebi and ho-oh, zel is currently working on mewtwo's lair beside bill's house on cerulean city...

Wrong. The Unknown Ruins will be available only after the next release. And I haven't started working on them yet, because first I need to reach Pewter.

pretty stupid question (for zel) but do you want me to have a shot at a elm OW or are you getting one made in the future.. or what? :O

I don't really need any spriting help for now (goes to Ice Lightning as well), we'll see in the future.

Gonna check the forums a bit more and then finish the last Trick House map. Don't spam or I'll go into :rambo:-mode, thanks!

Back