• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Shuffle

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    So I've finally completed the new stages. Just need to S-rank them all now.

If anyone needs tips on clearing some stages, I'll be here to try and clear them using Pokemon obtainable up 'til that stage. Well, aside from expert stages, 'cause really? You can challenge them any time, just come back when you feel like you're ready. As for the newer stages...

Onix - Good lord this guy's brutal, not what you'd expect from the third Pokemon of the stage. Onix will disrupt you by making the middle two rows into unbreakable blocks, and then do the same to the middle two columns after the rows are cleared. What you need is an Absol for this stage to temporarily stop the disruptions, and if done right you can clear the stage without meeting another disruption. Otherwise, Disruption Delay is your friend. Also, use Mega-Mawile, don't use Mega-Lucario if you own the Lucarionite. Mega-Lucario's ability is exactly the same as Mega-Lopunny's, so it'll only be useful for one scenario.

Larvesta - I heard this was a hard one, but I cleared it on my first try. It took some lessons from other Megas by freezing entire columns. Also, its starting board goes a bit like:

xoooox
    xoooox
    xoooox
    xoooox
    xxxxxx
    xxxxxx

With the "x" being breakable blocks, but this is based on memory since I cleared the stage and caught Larvesta on my first try. I'll probably re-challenge it again since I only scored a B on Larvesta.

Milotic - Oh god, this is way beyond brutal. Okay, first things first: the initial set up.

xxooxx
    oooooo
    xoxxox
    xoxxox
    oooooo
    xxooxx

With the "x" being Feebas and the underlined ones being frozen/stuck behind barriers. Yes, you heard me: stuck behind barriers. Make sure to catch the Feebas from the previous stage and bring it with you here, otherwise you'll be constantly stuck. If you're lucky, the Feebas you bring might show up in the middle of the set Feebas, and can help clear up the top barriers, thus allowing more Pokemon to enter. However, it is still solely depending on luck, as there is no clear cut strategy to complete this stage.

Also, after every 3 disruptions, Milotic will turn a whole column into unbreakable blocks. Three times. If you're lucky, it can change a single column 3 times, or if you're not, change half of the screen into unbreakable blocks. Expect a lot of "no more moves, re-shuffling" message.

Mega Start and Disruption Delay will be godsends in this stage. Mostly Mega Start. I got lucky and managed to match Mega-Ampharos without wasting a turn thanks to the Feebas-matching, and I S-ranked the stage that way.

~*~

Also, for a way to obtain coins aside from the Meowth weekend events? Go challenge the Meowth stage. Bring in a few low-leveled Pokemon to make the stage last longer, as well as a good Fighting type to clear it when needed. If you can match the coins Meowth created, you'll be earning more coins than trying to replay stages. A match of 3 will give you 100 coins, a match of 4 yields 300 coins, while 5 is hard to obtain so I can't really give any information on that.

There you have it, a small guide to the new stages from me. There's probably other hard stages in the new area, or probably existing stages that you can consider brutal. Just tell me if you need guidance and I'll try to type it out here. Although, after Milotic's stage I can't really call any of the Mega-stages brutal anymore haha...

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I might as well try to catch up so that I can get into Milotic stage (or further) soon, so far I'm stuck on capturing Jolteon in Stage 112 at the moment.

I assume Groudon and Rayquaza will be special stages like Kyogre was.
    Bingo. Rayquaza event is out today, and you have a chance to catch it in about 21 days.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I caught Rayquaza my first time against it when the stage came out irc. Kyogre took awhile...

I am barely hanging on to the top 20000...so I've been spending time trying to catch Raikou to make things easier...besides the top 5's teams are the same (Ampharos, Sceptile, Zapdos, and Raikou) it seems...

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i love pokemon shuffle! my bf was lucky enough to get the mega lucario. im jealous of him. he's past the 150th stage and is playing the new update stages. im still stuck on mega galilie.

Candy

Years
    My current score is 16891 with a rank of 1766/117904 on the NA region as of 21.30 GMT+7 on April 7th. Haven't checked again, but I'm pretty safe for now.

I'll play it again today after I'm done with my assignments.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    i love pokemon shuffle! my bf was lucky enough to get the mega lucario. im jealous of him. he's past the 150th stage and is playing the new update stages. im still stuck on mega galilie.
    I regret not trying harder to get to the top 20000 to get that Mega Stone... Well that Blastoisite is going to be mine...I caught Raikou so hopefully it'll be easier to score higher.

Candy

Years
    17633 with a current rank of 2073/141252 as of this post.

The competition's getting tough. Time to grind out some coins to use for Complexity -1.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Mega Blastoise, wow...

My highest score is 11707. How can I get a higher score?

There is a sheer lack of ground-type Pokémon in the game, rendering Electric-type Pokemon my one weakness. How dare the Pokémon Company hold a Blastoise competition before making a Groudon event. I'll never complete the game!

EDIT: The competition ends tommorow and my high score is like 12500+. , which is still not enough. I use Sceptile, Zapdos, Grovyle, and Mega Slowbro. I need to get more than 15000+ or 16000+, otherwise I'll have to send a complain letter to the Pokémon Company!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Do any of you know if there are really any differences between this game and Pokemon Link: Battle (Battle Trozei), or is it like Rumble World where it's a F2P version of a existing game with a few extra features.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Mega Blastoise, wow...

My highest score is 11707. How can I get a higher score?

There is a sheer lack of ground-type Pokémon in the game, rendering Electric-type Pokemon my one weakness. How dare the Pokémon Company hold a Blastoise competition before making a Groudon event. I'll never complete the game!

EDIT: The competition ends tommorow and my high score is like 12500+. , which is still not enough. I use Sceptile, Zapdos, Grovyle, and Mega Slowbro. I need to get more than 15000+ or 16000+, otherwise I'll have to send a complain letter to the Pokémon Company!
    You may need to splash out on that item that reduces the complexity (9000 coins though). Mega Ampharos would be super effective as well.
    Do any of you know if there are really any differences between this game and Pokemon Link: Battle (Battle Trozei), or is it like Rumble World where it's a F2P version of a existing game with a few extra features.
    I haven't played Trozei, but while the basis of the games are similar, as I understand it they aren't the same thing (e.g. Shuffle has the main mode being turn limited rather than time limited, although it does have the latter too).

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Upon "wasting" that free Complexity -1 obtained via event, I got an unreal score of 20000+, skyrocketting me over to the top 10000. You don't want to even know my reaction. Now I hope that the Pokemon Company releases a Groudon Event soon...

Candy

Years
    I couldn't report my last score for the competition, so after using both items, my score was... Wait for it...

I only got #106 overall but that's still high haha. So close to top 100.

Also, they added more of the main stages along with the Blastoisinite. I'll probably try them out after my exams are done though, I'm just posting my competition results right now haha.

Now I hope that the Pokemon Company releases a Groudon Event soon...

Their wish is your command: Groudon event is currently live now. Good luck.

Battle Trozei is much more simpler and easier than Shuffle. Also, it's not painstakingly hard to play unlike the later stages of Shuffle.

Each stage will give you an assortment of Pokemon to battle, sometimes they come in hoards. It's more or less like the timed stages of Shuffle where switching is free, but you have a health bar and the enemy Pokemon attacks you.

Kinda hard to explain it though, but yeah.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I got in the top 10,000 too (Australia gets lumped into Europe). I used a complexity gem and that got me into the top 7,000, not sure I'd manage easily without it.

Stuck on Haxorus in the main one rn (should I just by 5+ moves or something? @_@), and got Groudon after a touch of levelling up at 10% chance rate on my first stage clear. Uh, okay.

Starry Windy

Years
    Wow, you're lucky. I managed to catch Groudon after about 3-4 tries in the stage, and in the main stage, I managed to get in to Persian stage. There's still a lot to catch up for me.

Candy

Years
    It took 2 tries for me and Groudon haha.

Mega-Aerodactyl's stage is so annoying haha. I mean, with a starting layout of:
    oooooo
    oxxxxo
    oxxxxo
    oxxxxo
    oxxxxo
    oooooo

x being breakable blocks.

Also, the extra Pokemon isn't a Pokemon. It's a breakable block instead. You can actually start without any moves left. I'm not kidding about that.

Starry Windy

Years
    Anyway, there is a new patch for Pokémon Shuffle. This time, the update includes Pokémon Safari. It is said that the Pokémon that shows up change every time you play it.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back