• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon Starter final evolutions revealed + Island Guardians

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • Been spending some time looking through Rowlet and Dartrix's flavour text to see if there was any indication they might evolve into the Ghost-type. I guess there was its stealth and swift movement. The fact that Decidueye can apparently completely mask its presence from others is taking it to a whole new level though - would love to see what that looks like, definitely more than just stealthiness there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So yeah. I'm picking Litten now. I hate cats BUT Litten's evolution gives off an Emboar vibe and Emboar was incredibly awesome. Thank you trailer - you decided it :) The other two are ok but just not a big fan. Litten go!

Years
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    I love Rowlett final evo!! I've been on the Litten train but i just had to transfer over once i saw the typings. I've been split 3 and 3 with the starts so far with 3 being fire and 3 being grass. So i guess now I'm official a grass lover. P.s. Rowletta final evo = dopeness

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • We finally got the Pokemon Sun and Moon Starter names and Moves

Decidueye, Incineroar, and Primarina...

What do you think of their names and signature moves?

out of the three new signature moves, I feel Incinerators Darkness Lariat has the largest competitive potential.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • Definitely going to get Decidueye! That typing is just woah! Did not expect it at all! The game is looking too great! So next reveal we expect to see other pokemon
    Spoiler:
    and Marshadow perhaps? TOO MUCH, GAMEFREAK!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ok, now I'm sure to chose Litten even more, I also like the other two I hope I can trade one over fast.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Decidueye's Ghost typing was completely out of left field, I was expecting it to keep its Flying type. I think I'll be picking Poppplio now that I know their secondary typings, I've wanted a Water/Fairy other than the Marill line.

Also.... MY FAVORITE SINNOH CHAMPION IN 3D. AND BLUE AND RED. I think those empty spaces scattered throughout Alola are Gym spaces, kewl.

Cosmog? I like it. It's a cute floater haha. I'm surprised they haven't revealed the other one though, huh. I really like the other Guardians too, and they all get a special Z-move that's Chuck Norris level of awesome.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    "Sparkling Aria is a Water-type special move that only Primarina can learn, and it heals the burns of any target it strikes"

Whats the logic behind that move's side effect?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Very different names, but I like them. The signature moves, types and designs make them a really solid starter set. I like all of them, but am definitely using Decidoueye first in Sun and then Incinor in Moon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    If Darkness Lariat has enough base power, and Incineroar has the stats and movepool for it, it could possibly be a strong wallbreaker. Ignoring stat changes would help it bust through any boosting walls like CM Mega Sableye or Iron Defense Mega Slowbro or something. Fire/Dark is not a bad offensive typing either.

Decidueye's Soul Shackle sounds pretty good too. Trapping is kind of busted in singles and this is largely why stuff like Mega Gengar and Shadow Tag Gothitelle have gotten banned (and why Arena Trap on Dugtrio should be banned and not Mega Sableye).

There's other moves that prevent switching out, such as Block and Mean Eye, but the difference here is that the effect comes together with a damage-dealing move on one of the best offensive types in the game right now.

Primarina's strikes me as odd though....why would you want to heal the burns of your opponent? Even in Doubles the damage it would cause to your own Pokemon would kind of make it unappealing for that purpose.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    This was a really big news update! Did not suspect any of these being shown. I love everything on the starters! The remaining Tapus are pretty awesome as well. I can't wait to see more on them in game. Cosmog is also adorable. And the Battle Tree is an amazing feature!

Can't wait to try out all of these things, the games are very hype worthy right now!

Years
  • I would like to apologize for all my post in which I said anything bad about litten,torracat or incineroar it looks so Badass and I loved it's Swagy animation in the trailer
    Now I will try to use both Rowlet and Litten in my team.
    Sorry Salandit and Alolan Marowak.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    My jaw just about dropped when it showed "Grass/Ghost" for Decidueye. Then I applauded when "Fire/Dark" appeared for Incineroar.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Wow, Cynthia looks REALLY white in her art. The Battle tree is very welcome. As cool as it was to team with Archie in Alpha Sapphire, teaming with Champions is a whole other level.

Hands up who thought Rowlet's final evolution was going to be Grass/Ghost. It is a somewhat left field type change but a welcome one. Grass/Ghost is a great typing and I greatly enjoyed using Trevenant in the last Gen. I like the idea of stealthiness about Decidueye and it getting a unique move. No more having to worry about Roaming Legendaries running away if there are any.

I really like the typing and design of Primalina and plan to use it at some point but it will have to be female. Incineroar looks very cool and this is the first region since Hoenn where I have liked all three starter final evos.

The Tapu Pokemon look unique. Whilst I am not crazy about the design of the Grass Tapu I like it's lore and ability whilst the Psychic and Water Tapu look very nice indeed.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Darkest Lariat is an awesome move and it is gonna be really useful to counter Eevee's Z move, I hope it has great base power, I'm also really surprised it is a dark type move, I totally didn't expect a starter's signature move to not be one of the 3 main types.

Soul shackle sounds pretty good too, and just like Incineroar's move it's a ghost type rather than grass which is cool.

Primarina's Sparkling aura is nothing amazing sadly, it's a water type move and healing the opponent doesn't seem like something you'd want to do.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Decidueye, Incineroar, and Primarina...

What do you think of their names and signature moves?

out of the three new signature moves, I feel Incinerators Darkness Lariat has the largest competitive potential.

Hi! I've merged your thread with this one as we already have a discussion on the reveal of the starter evolutions and their moves. Feel free to discuss it in this thread.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • "Sparkling Aria is a Water-type special move that only Primarina can learn, and it heals the burns of any target it strikes"

Whats the logic behind that move's side effect?

It is a water type move :D dousing the opponent with water heals their burns LOL

Unless your Pokemon has dry skin or water absorb It's going to be a horrible supporting move... I guess it can be used against guts pokemon who's holding a flame orb,

If Darkness Lariat has enough base power, and Incineroar has the stats and movepool for it, it could possibly be a strong wallbreaker. Ignoring stat changes would help it bust through any boosting walls like CM Mega Sableye or Iron Defense Mega Slowbro or something. Fire/Dark is not a bad offensive typing either.

Decidueye's Soul Shackle sounds pretty good too. Trapping is kind of busted in singles and this is largely why stuff like Mega Gengar and Shadow Tag Gothitelle have gotten banned (and why Arena Trap on Dugtrio should be banned and not Mega Sableye).

There's other moves that prevent switching out, such as Block and Mean Eye, but the difference here is that the effect comes together with a damage-dealing move on one of the best offensive types in the game right now.

Primarina's strikes me as odd though....why would you want to heal the burns of your opponent? Even in Doubles the damage it would cause to your own Pokemon would kind of make it unappealing for that purpose.

I like how Ducidueye is kinda like Batman mixed with Robin hood... In singles yes that Move is busted (especially if Ducidueye is fast), still it is a ghost type move and still can be useless against a normal type switch in.

I hope Darkness lariat has at least 90 base power...

You can lock in a Wall/Stall pokemon with Ducidueye then switch to Incineroar and wreck it with a move that ignores stat changes...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Haha, so Incineroar is officially the "Heel" Pokemon. Love the wrestling lingo.

The mocking idle animation, Tiger Mask backstory and extremely expressive and aggressive looking design means I'd have picked Incineroar...if Decidueye wasn't the best starter in existence. I'm naming mine Owliver Queen.

Back