• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon leaked in trademark filing

Status
Not open for further replies.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
  • Supposedly this was already leaked in a closed Korean group many months ago, but who knows what was going on back then.

CJonTzHUMAAk_vJ.jpg

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Why are the games always red and blue? Gen I had Red and Blue, Gen III had Ruby and Sapphire. Then, Gen IV had Diamond (blue) and Pearl (pink/red), and Gen VI had X (blue) and Y (red). And now, Sun and Moon are also red (well, reddish orange) and blue.

Only Gen II and V didn't have their main paired versions colored red and blue. And, even then, Gen II had Crystal, which is blue, and the Gen V sequels had boxart featuring Black and Blue (for Black 2) or White and Red (for White 2).

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    For anyone who thinks Sun and Moon wan't happen.

When Nintendo trademarks pokemon titles there are two kinds.

Ones that are just names, like delta Emerald.

and Others that have actual logos with their names.

The ones that display logos like Sun and Moon, have come true.

Just food for thought there.

Years
  • After X and Y, Sun and Moon would come off as some pretty steampunk, sci-fi kind of stuff. Seriously, though, it would be amusing if this was just Gen. II remakes and the starters were Gastly, Pidgey and Hoothoot. Someone should do this.

For a Romeo and Juliet tie-in, all of the sixth gen Pokémon could be in Moon.

Sirfetch’d

There is always potential that this is still part of gen 6 as Sopheria said. I don't feel like we closed the door on Kalos and with such a small amount of Pokemon, there is always a chance this is Kalos part two or at least some way loose sequels to the XY games. Regardless, I think everything will be cleared up tomorrow for us. Personally, I'd be happy if this was the start of a new generation because new starters hype me, as I have already said, but I am going to be pleased with whatever these turn out to be. It's been a very long 3 years :(

Crin

Life is all about choices
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    As excited as I would be for these leaks to be true, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed that Pokemon Z isn't happening. Kalos has so much potential as a region. I think a third game would compliment and improve on so many aspects of X and Y

pkmin3033

I don't think announcements of a Gen VI continuation and Gen VII titles are necessarily mutually exclusive things - we could get BOTH announced in the direct tomorrow, with one just coming earlier than the other...hell, Sun and Moon announcements might just be teasers for next year, with Pokemon Z or whatever this year. Just because we've not seen any trademarks doesn't mean it may not happen.

...sure, it's unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Crin

Life is all about choices
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    There is always potential that this is still part of gen 6 as Sopheria said. I don't feel like we closed the door on Kalos and with such a small amount of Pokemon, there is always a chance this is Kalos part two or at least some way loose sequels to the XY games. Regardless, I think everything will be cleared up tomorrow for us. Personally, I'd be happy if this was the start of a new generation because new starters hype me, as I have already said, but I am going to be pleased with whatever these turn out to be. It's been a very long 3 years :(

New starters hype me as well, but it would hype even more if they decided to change their types to Dark/Psychic/Fighting

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    i just want to point out that Nintendo has tons of website domains registered and names copyrighted so that alone isn't proof. see: Pokemon Gray.

but with the announcement tomorrow and all, it's probably true regardless.

Got a link to these domains?

And if you click the link it seems the site is set up, and awaiting activation.

But as you said, it's probably real.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Got a link to these domains?

And if you click the link it seems the site is set up, and awaiting activation.

But as you said, it's probably real.

here's some others:
    PokemonBrown.com (not registered anymore)
    PokemonOpal.com (registered)
    PokemonTopaz.com (registered)
    PokemonAmethyst.com (registered)
    PokemonCrimson.com (not registered anymore)

pokemongray.com was also a domain "awaiting activation" four years ago. it doesn't exist anymore but that happened. :P

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • There is always potential that this is still part of gen 6 as Sopheria said. I don't feel like we closed the door on Kalos and with such a small amount of Pokemon, there is always a chance this is Kalos part two or at least some way loose sequels to the XY games. Regardless, I think everything will be cleared up tomorrow for us. Personally, I'd be happy if this was the start of a new generation because new starters hype me, as I have already said, but I am going to be pleased with whatever these turn out to be. It's been a very long 3 years :(

S/G/C were a small generation too. The difference was that they had two maps. But the first map alone was small and it's not a big generation.
    Maybe Kalos is a small generation too.
    But hey, if 6.5 or 7 happen, I won't be mad ;)
    I would like if it's only a new game too, with the "same old" Pokemon.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think the logos add legitimacy, usually the names are just trademarked without any sort of logo. Initially I was convinced this was fake, but looking at it now I'd say these have a good shot of being revealed tomorrow.

Reactions: Z25

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You misunderstood me... they probably had a couple of ideas, and decided to use this. Barring the obvious, DBZ could be seen as a source of inspiration too (because of Gohan becoming a great ape at full moon and Piccolo destroying it)
    Still no. It's not far-fetched for numerous franchises to take inspiration from the same thing, which in this case is Dragonball and Pokémon taking inspiration from the moon.

The ones that display logos like Sun and Moon, have come true.

Just food for thought there.
    Refresh my memory, please. Which games were those?

Meanwhile, www.pokemonsunmoon.com (adding the m as most conventional URLs) winds up at a HostGator page. So we know Nintendo uses HostGator.

Similarly, pokemon-sunmoon.com also redirects to the official US site. I agree that they're covering all the bases.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I really hope they introduce mega forms for Lunatone / Solrock! Umbreon / Espeon! Cresselia / Darkrai! I would like to see new evolutions / mega forms for Pokemon such as Marowak, Arcanine, Ninetales, Rapidash, and Johto Starters!

I was really down and depressed but this news got me happy again lol. Im a Pokemon fan to the core. Excited to get one of those games if they come out.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    here's some others:
    PokemonBrown.com (not registered anymore)
    PokemonOpal.com (registered)
    PokemonTopaz.com (registered)
    PokemonAmethyst.com (registered)
    PokemonCrimson.com (not registered anymore)

pokemongray.com was also a domain "awaiting activation" four years ago. it doesn't exist anymore but that happened. :P
    Interesting. One thing to note is that the unused activated sites, lead to Nintendo.com but pokemon sun and moon's leads to pokemon.com. So it's probably happening.

Still no. It's not far-fetched for numerous franchises to take inspiration from the same thing, which in this case is Dragonball and Pokémon taking inspiration from the moon.

Refresh my memory, please. Which games were those?

Similarly, pokemon-sunmoon.com also redirects to the official US site. I agree that they're covering all the bases.
    I believe( from what I've read) XY, and ORAS both had their logos with their trademarks.

EDIT: Let me see if I can find out from Serebii.

Also the games are probably coming tomorrow:

They suspended the twitter account( NintlendoOfAmerica) that first posting the trademark info.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back