• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon leaked in trademark filing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The only thing that makes me think it could be a continuation of the 6th gen is if these games are based in the region Kalos went to war with. So they don't want the names to be similar since the two sets of games would be opposed to each other.

Otherwise I think it's more than likely 7th gen...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • This may not be definite confirmation of anything, but it's still interesting to look at:

The patent for X and Y was filed on April 10th, 2013, and then the games were released roughly 6 months later.

Spoiler:

The patent for OR/AS was filed on June 20, 2014, and then the games were released 5 months later.

Spoiler:

If this pattern is anything to go by, then we'd expect to see the games later this year, and an announcement soon. But patterns don't always hold up so I don't want to get my hopes up on this too much.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I saw somebody making the suggestion that they might plan to do a Johto again and have us going to Kalos post-game to tie up left over plot threads.

Would be pretty exciting if true, would tie up nicely with the train station in Couriway Town too.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Oh god, that'd be absolutely hilarious. That'd be trolling to the nth degree if these turned out to be TCG expansions and nothing to do with actual games. xD

Well you beat me to posting this, but yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a game, I'm excited! The game should be interesting!

I also expect it to connect to Kalos and Hoenn somehow, because that would make sense with what they have left over in both games. I also think it will see be gen 6(.5) without it being a typical 3rd game.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • As I said back in the third version speculation thread, whether this is real or fake, Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon would clearly debunk the Pokemon Rainbow rumor, because it the codename consisted of only one version, and this one comes in two versions. And thank goodness, because the same rumor also mentioned an NX port of Zelda U, which is defintely not happening. Of course, I'm leaning this leak as a fake, because if this is Gen 7, then this would render the Zygarde formes completely pointless. I'm still convinced that we're getting a Gen 6.5 as another of Game Freak's attempt of breaking the mold with third version like they did with formes in Platinum and direct sequels to BW (not to mention a legit reason as to why we had only 72 new Pokemon in XY). However, if this turned out to be true, then it would still fit the usual 3-4 life cycle of a Pokemon Gen, but it would also make Gen 6 the first gen without a third version.

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I hate people in times like this one, when they try to tie two loose ends, not thinking logicaly.
    It's only Trademark leak, so we have no official info about new gen. Considering how it can be very early trademark filling, tommorow they will not give info about Sun/Moon, just Z.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I will calmly wait, but from what i see Ninlendo Of America is making too much trolling around this "leak"...
    Mark my words - it can all be fake.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • May I also remind you guys in regards to Sopheria's post is that both XY and ORAS were trademarked after they were officially announced (XY in January 2013, and ORAS in May 2014), so the fact that Sun and Moon were trademarked before an official announcement could indicate this as fake.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    obvs we don't have much information and i usually assume anything like this is fake buttttttttttttt

it would be awesome if it is a new gen and the theme is feminine (moon) and masculine (sun) pokemon.

ZoroStar

★ The True Star of Illusion ★
    Years
  • One thing at a time, guys.
    We still have Gen 6 sequels to focus on before we can start generating hype about something that might not even be in the slightest bit real.

Gen 7's great and all, but it's way too soon imho.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Pokemon generations tend to last 3-4 years, and this year will be 3 years since XY came out.

I'm not so sure we can go by GameFreak's previous release patterns as an indication of whether or not we'll get 7th gen this year, since at this point the usual pattern's already been broken due to there not having been a main series release in 2015--by the usual trend, we would have gotten "Z" in 2015, and we'd be right on schedule to get 7th gen this year. But since there wasn't a main series release last year, it's still not totally clear what the contigency from the broken pattern will be: will they skip "Z" and go straight to 7th gen, or was "Z" just "delayed"?

At this point I'd be more inclined to say that this will be a 6th gen game, of sorts. There's a lot of in-game loose ends in 6th gen that still have yet to be resolved: e.g. Zygarde's other two signature moves, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, being in X&Y's code; AZ's Floette and its signature move Light of Ruin not yet having been released; no Volcanion distribution despite its data being present X&Y and OR/AS, etc.

Years
  • Ah yes, they really broke the mold with that gap caused in 2015... but hopefully the Direct will help clarify things.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm not so sure we can go by GameFreak's previous release patterns as an indication of whether or not we'll get 7th gen this year, since at this point the usual pattern's already been broken due to there not having been a main series release in 2015--by the usual trend, we would have gotten "Z" in 2015, and we'd be right on schedule to get 7th gen this year. But since there wasn't a main series release last year, it's still not totally clear what the contigency from the broken pattern will be: will they skip "Z" and go straight to 7th gen, or was "Z" just "delayed"?

There was no mainline Pokemon game in 2003 during Gen 3 (R/S released in 2002) and no mainline Pokemon game in 2007 during Gen 4 (D/P released in 2006), so yes, the 3-4 year pattern still applies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back