• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon news coming on May 10th

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
  • The "ciao" thing means nothing. He ends literally every blog post with that.

There's too much evidence for Hawaii for me to want to bother predicting the region will be anything else.

He doesn't use it that much; I've noticed that the only time he uses it is when he's addressing everybody in and outside of Japan, which doesn't happen all that much. He probably used it in those cases because of the reason that I mentioned earlier, that it's a greeting that's used in more than one language.

Personally, I don't think we should be saying that Hawaii is definitely going to be it. There's as much evidence against it as there is for it; Hawaii isn't the only place with yellow fire trucks(to me the concept art looks more lime green than yellow) and it's also not the only place that has a tropical climate. I also think that the rainbow license plate is too small to make out to be sure, but that could be just my own eyes playing tricks on me.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Less than 31 hours until 5 a.m PDT. Corocoro could leak prior to that though.

The carnage would be kinda funny and sad at the same time if that were to happen haha. Funny because of the fandom reactions, but sad because I imagine TPC and Masuda would want to beat CoroCoro to the punch and might get ticked off at the turd who decided to leak the magazine earlier than normal.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    He doesn't use it that much; I've noticed that the only time he uses it is when he's addressing everybody in and outside of Japan, which doesn't happen all that much. He probably used it in those cases because of the reason that I mentioned earlier, that it's a greeting that's used in more than one language.

Every page of his Japanese blog I see the last line is ciao. https://lineblog.me/masudajunichi/

Personally, I don't think we should be saying that Hawaii is definitely going to be it. There's as much evidence against it as there is for it;

I don't see any. Every other theory I've seen only has one or two vague pieces of evidence going for it. Hawaii is the only thing that matches everything in the concept art, also matches the souvenir from the dude who teases a new region you see in "due time," (which also mentions that it's far from Kalos, so it throws a wrench into the Spain/Italy speculation) and it fits the Pokemon Rainbow code name since Hawaii is nicknamed the Rainbow state. And none of the other theories have anything as specific as a detail on a license plate of all things.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The carnage would be kinda funny and sad at the same time if that were to happen haha. Funny because of the fandom reactions, but sad because I imagine TPC and Masuda would want to beat CoroCoro to the punch and might get ticked off at the turd who decided to leak the magazine earlier than normal.
    That's what I was thinking. Also, considering that there have been leaks soon after 12 a.m. on the 10th (my timezone, in the east that would be 3:00 a.m. on the same day), then it's completely possible that we could get leaks 5-3 hours prior to whatever they're going to show.

Years
  • can't wait to hear about the Maison and the Subway making a return! :^)

I don't really expect those particular facilities back since this is a new generation which means new region and new battle facility, but we'll likely get something very similar. At least I know not to get hyped for a new Battle Frontier after reading Masuda saying its fanbase is too small to gain enough interest for a return.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • I don't really expect those particular facilities back since this is a new generation which means new region and new battle facility, but we'll likely get something very similar. At least I know not to get hyped for a new Battle Frontier after reading Masuda saying its fanbase is too small to gain enough interest for a return.
    Yeah, it was more or less a sarcastic joke.

I hope it comes back, because the other facilities sure as shit weren't half as popular as the Frontier, and for a good reason.

Years
  • Masuda has tweeted to keep watch on the Pokemon Youtube channel pretty much confirming a video.

I figured it was going to be a video, especially because it's long overdue for a trailer showcasing what to expect in the game. Likely expecting a trailer similar to the one that came out when X/Y were first announced.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Awesome, we get the video we should've got back in February. You're only oh... three months late? :|

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Pokémon Sun & Moon news coming on May 10th

I wonder which famous man-made structure that Pikachu will be standing on in the introduction this time?

I'm finding myself watching the Direct announcement to get myself hyped.

THIS HYPE TRAIN AIN'T GOT NO BRAKES PEOPLE.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I figured it be a video. I'm hoping for a trailer, but I think it will show off some mons instead. Looking forward to it.

Years
  • I think we're most likely to see either an ORAS style reveal, that just shows us the box legends + release date, or an x/y style release trailer

Really, really excited though. It's awesome knowing we're finally getting something

Blacephalon

Will you survive?
    Years
  • Good thing my class got cancelled tomorrow. This reminds me of when I was waiting to see what would be announced the day January 8th came (and it sure was early in the morning where I was at). I don't have huge expectations but at the same time, I'm making sure to not lower my expectations too much. Bring on tomorrow!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The lowest mine are at is Or/As reveal kind of video. I could go lower, like names only, but I don't think they just tell us what we might already know (Solgaleo and Lunaaala).

Back