• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    How long exactly till the show starts?

3 to 4 ish hours? Maybe. Don't know when the show starts, but it'll be about 8 am in 3-4 hours in Japan.

Those estimated 10% Zygarde stats are extremely pathetic for a legendary. Having 5 in both defensive stats means it'll never survive in battle at all. Oh and you worked on this article as well eh Nica?

Ya, those are a little low for an alternate forme of a Legendary Pokemon, even if weakened. Then they also added stats to Cell and Core which "aren't Pokemon". Doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

What do you guys think about this just posted news?

https://www.smogon.com/articles/leaked-sun-moon

Also those 'Pokémon' in that video (didn't click it) are unappealing and over complicated. Good thing it's only a rumour!

I wanna say fake.

Years
    While the article on Smogon may likely be a phony, I was still intrigued by what was mentioned in it. I did like those ability ideas, especially that Electric-type version of Gale Wings but the one that makes everything a critical hit is a bit too broken if you ask me.

The article now makes me think that if a Mega Evolution for Delcatty were to happen, I hope it gets a huge boost in all its stats so that it can actually stand a chance in battle. I also know the Skitty and Buneary lines were version-exclusives in B2/W2 and Lopunny already got her Mega so if Delcatty were to happen, it would definitely create for more indirect connections between the two.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    3 to 4 ish hours? Maybe. Don't know when the show starts, but it'll be about 8 am in 3-4 hours in Japan.

Ya, those are a little low for an alternate forme of a Legendary Pokemon, even if weakened. Then they also added stats to Cell and Core which "aren't Pokemon". Doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.
    Edit: Yup, it starts at 8:00 pm in Japan according to Serebii's FAQ on Corocoro and Pokenchi.

I wanna say fake.
    I think it starts at 4 PDST. I remember it's predecessor starting at that time last summer. So in three hours.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Serebii warned us about it, but we didn't listen. And now the fans who didn't listen are rioting for Game Freak's heads.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    Ok fuck this I'm no longer hyped. X and Y we knew the starters and legendary mascots Day 1 but this time they decide to wait like 2 months to reveal anything meaningful? FK that

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Yup. nothing new. Serebii did hint at it being just the trailer from the Pokemon Direct being shown. Like I said once I heard that I knew where to set my expectation meter, down to 0. Plus this isn't the first time this show (in concept) done this before, so I was better aware.

Eh. I'm taking it in stride. Now the REAL wait for Corocoro begins.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Ok **** this I'm no longer hyped. X and Y we knew the starters and legendary mascots Day 1 but this time they decide to wait like 2 months to reveal anything meaningful? FK that

Aren't you being a bit too salty about this? We've still got CoroCoro this month, which will provide us more info than the livestream. Let's not forget about the Smogon leak that mentions a new Pokémon from CoroCoro.

Reactions: EC

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yup. nothing new. Serebii did hint at it being just the trailer from the Pokemon Direct being shown. Like I said once I heard that I knew where to set my expectation meter, down to 0. Plus this isn't the first time this show (in concept) done this before, so I was better aware.

Eh. I'm taking it in stride. Now the REAL wait for Corocoro begins.
    More like he caught the hint they had given us in the preview for this week's episode. I was expecting this tbh.
    Corocoro should leak in 6 to 11 days from now.

blue

gucci
    Years
    They never promised anything buuuuut they do this all the time. Next info will come with this months Coro Coro which is just under two weeks away from now.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    People say nothing was revealed, however, there was obvious things revealed.

There will be more than 10 pokemon, Masuda said that in a joking manner, So I think that confirms that we will have more than we have in XY.

When if new Mega were going to be in the games, he didn't answer. This makes me think that there will be new Megas.

It was also said Pikachu is confirmed to be in the games, so that confirms further that old pokemon will be returning.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Right, should post my other response into here cause the other thread will get buried eventually.

Eh...Silence isn't confirmation. There could be no new Megas at all and that could be why he didn't answer. Saying outright that there weren't any new Megas would be kinda spoilery and to some, a very big let down.

I mean if you can mention Pikachu is in the game (assuming this isn't a joke), then they could answer if there were new Megas as that wouldn't spoil as much as well as opens the floor to more speculation.

At the same time, it's not dismissal as he may not be allowed to say just yet.

Likewise, Pikachu being in there doesn't confirm other older Pokemon may get in. Pikachu is the mascot and pretty much can be used any way they want. This also doesn't mean that he's catchable or used in battle. Pikachu can appear as a statue, on an in game advertisement, or any other way with NPC usage.

In essence, the title for this thread is correct, we really didn't get anything that resembles news other than the more than 10 joke. Everything else we're told is up to interpretation and I will point out that because of interpretation many people were expecting brand new footage today, which we did not get.

We are still basically at the same point as we were when they announced Sun and Moon. We can only hope that CoroCoro gives us more, but realistically, we shouldn't expect anything large just yet.

Pokenchi actually met my expectations. Even before seeing the tweet about what it was about, I only expected it to rehash what we already knew. I don't expect a whole lot from CoroCoro either.

Years
    Wow... what a disappointment. That means another week of speculation with no info to go off until CoroCoro leaks.

But I guess I was kinda expecting the part of older Pokemon to likely appear in the game anyway, and I guess the footage of a presenter playing with a Pikachu plushie was kinda cute. And Xander also mentioned E3 so there's also that to look forward to...

Years
    Part of me thinks they'll string us along till E3, but I really, really hope they don't stall us out for another two months. Especially given we know next to nothing about the games right now.

At least we know corocoro next week will feature Sun/Moon, 100%.

That being said, at this stage, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just show us the concept art from the trailer , lol. . .

Back