• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun & Moon Officially Announced [Summary of news here!]

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • It's sad that the fans are worried that next month's issue will be nothing new as well... it's a tough time to be a Pokemon fan at the moment.

You think that's bad, at least you weren't part of the Smash Bros. 4 hype 2013-2015. A lot of fans were more salty than the Pokemon fans when it comes to news (and that's because of fan favorite characters being deconfirmed and characters nobody expected getting the spot). This news drought for Pokemon SM is nothing.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Remember how Reshiram, Zekrom, and their respective boxarts, were revealed on the official sites before being covered in CoroCoro? I think we're gonna get a similar situation.

I think the fact that they showed us censored boxarts means that they're completed and ready to be shown to the public. Since these games are likely getting a worldwide release, I'm thinking we could possibly see a worldwide reveal of the boxarts and release dates on the official sites within the next few weeks.
    This is exactly what I'm thinking. We still don't even have a Promo site for SunMoon yet. That should be on the horizon soon enough. Most likely after or on the 15th cause they'd tend to wait for the confirmed release of the news article before spoiling that.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • This is exactly what I'm thinking. We still don't even have a Promo site for SunMoon yet. That should be on the horizon soon enough. Most likely after or on the 15th cause they'd tend to wait for the confirmed release of the news article before spoiling that.

Yeah, come to think of it, that's what happened with the Zygarde Formes, Volcanion, and Magearna. Shortly around the official release day of CoroCoro, the official Pokemon sites updated with their info. If this same situation happens with the boxarts, it's plausible that we could see the boxarts appearing on the official sites by the end of this week.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    Well at least we know we will get the Box Art next month. Possibly the Legendaries. I am glad they confirmed the typing for Magerna, even though it was pretty obvious.

The rest of the corocoro leaks will probably be out on the 15th, which will include the the small trailer and screenshots of what we have already seen.

I do like the colors of the box art. Orange and Purple. I am actually doing a fanfic over an Orange and Purple now lol.

I thought that the legendaries were always on the box art? So aren't we getting both for sure?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I thought that the legendaries were always on the box art? So aren't we getting both for sure?

Nothing is for sure, so don't hype yet. But yeah, most legendaries are usually on the box art, however, they might use older pokemon, but with Megas. Ho-oH/Lugia or Lunatone/Solrock.

We might not even get the full box art next month if they want to continue to draw it out. :p

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    We will probably get the box art in 2,3,4,5 of May, or sort of.

They will reveal them much faster. we have 25 days.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    It's sad that the fans are worried that next month's issue will be nothing new as well... it's a tough time to be a Pokemon fan at the moment.

I mean, that's entirely possible if GameFreak announces stuff via social media before the next issue is released, and that information is the same.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Something interesting I noticed on the page with the boxarts... right underneath, they list the official Japanese website. I wonder why? What does the Japanese text in it say about the website address?

On another note, I like the colors on the boxart that we can see so far. That sounds really weird, but now I'm starting to lean more towards #TeamMoon because of those colors, my favorite color is purple. :D

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Something interesting I noticed on the page with the boxarts... right underneath, they list the official Japanese website. I wonder why? What does the Japanese text in it say about the website address?

On another note, I like the colors on the boxart that we can see so far. That sounds really weird, but now I'm starting to lean more towards #TeamMoon because of those colors, my favorite color is purple. :D

It says to keep checking the website for news from what I've read, thus implying that they will show off stuff there first.

Also the boxarts used don't have the legendaries. I've seen a few people open them in image editors, all it reveals is the words pokemon sun and pokemon moon on their respective boxart.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It says to keep checking the website for news from what I've read, thus implying that they will show off stuff there first.

Also the boxarts used don't have the legendaries. I've seen a few people open them in image editors, all it reveals is the words pokemon sun and pokemon moon on their respective boxart.

They said the same thing following the reveal of S/M on the site itself, to keep checking back. Joe (Serebii) in a tweet said that he wasn't surprised by the lack of news in corocoro, as he expects them to announce the news internationally first (My only issue with that is that sometimes Corocoro does leak before they reveal info though, like with some of the site updates on the main site coming on the 14th or so, a day prior to the official release of the issues during Gen VI).

Years
  • So basically, if we're getting new information it would be something international sites would announce as well? Kinda makes sense when you consider it's going to be another worldwide release, because if I remember when XY news was dropped in CoroCoro it would be announced internationally not too long after CoroCoro dropped.

Years
  • I actually can't believe they showed blurred versions of the boxarts lmao

Normally I'd be annoyed/upset/dissapointed but it's so stupid it's hilarious. The text "You can't see the pokemon on the boxes yet!" makes it x10 better.

I'm now 100% convinced GF is just padding till e3. Considering they promised a "huge scoop" for next month, I'm predicting:

May: Corocoro reveals Box legendaries. We get nothing else.

June: Corocoro does starters, protagonists, screenshots and region info. The same info is covered in nintendo's e3 event, and they show the first gameplay.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm now 100% convinced GF is just padding till e3. Considering they promised a "huge scoop" for next month, I'm predicting:

May: Corocoro reveals Box legendaries. We get nothing else.

June: Corocoro does starters, protagonists, screenshots and region info. The same info is covered in nintendo's e3 event, and they show the first gameplay.

I can see where you're going here. Maybe getting mascot legendaries next month might be a set-up for a huge information dump in June (likely around E3 time) or even in July.

Years
  • Your birthday is in July right? I could expect it to be a month for huge information to come out, assuming if E3 doesn't reveal much.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I wasn't surprised by the CoroCoro leaks, in fact I find the box art quite interesting. I'm assuming that the white light on each case is covering the legendary and rest of the background image on the case, and it's not the whole background with the Pokémon missing. That said, the clouds would make me assume that legendaries are flying types? Or at least capable of flight/levitation?

Anyway, on the topic of receiving more news -- I think the trend with ORAS and even XY was that we got a lot of information before any CoroCoro 'reveals' from other Pokémon official sources anyway, which I assume will be the case in the upcoming months?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wasn't surprised by the CoroCoro leaks, in fact I find the box art quite interesting. I'm assuming that the white light on each case is covering the legendary and rest of the background image on the case, and it's not the whole background with the Pokémon missing. That said, the clouds would make me assume that legendaries are flying types? Or at least capable of flight/levitation?

Anyway, on the topic of receiving more news -- I think the trend with ORAS and even XY was that we got a lot of information before any CoroCoro 'reveals' from other Pokémon official sources anyway, which I assume will be the case in the upcoming months?
    Most likely. Y also had clouds so they could very well be flying types. Then again, X had woods, but Xerneas was a tree once so it fit.

Could we get our third Fire/Flying mascot? It'll be funny if the mascots turn out to look like Ho-oh and Lugia, only for them to later reveal them to their Megas/Primals.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Apparently there is some guy on Twitter saying he will post actual in-game screenshots today. People say he leaked the entire gen 5 PokeDex and Fairy types.

Years
  • Apparently there is some guy on Twitter saying he will post actual in-game screenshots today. People say he leaked the entire gen 5 PokeDex and Fairy types.

So he's gonna strike again eh? Maybe we might get an idea of what is in the game with what he's planning to dump on us.

pkmin3033

I can't seriously believe Nintendo would let a guy like that screw them over twice with leaks...I'll believe it when I see it. Probably not even then; you get plenty of fakes making the rounds prior to a new game's release.

Back