• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokémon Sunday's big reveal (10th May) - discussion

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Do any of you think that once your starter evolves, it would still follow you?

I think it would be kinda creepy for your Feraligatr to be following you everywhere.

Just a reminder, I didn't took the time to read the second page, so....

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I would love to see what they will add in the rest of cities.
    Yeah, Jake and I discussed weather too. We're both hoping for rain, wind, perhaps some strong storms in the new areas, etc.

Like Olivine City with storms for the lighthouse to be used. 8D

I also hope it's not like Platinum where they gave snow to Twinleaf and nothing to the other cities and areas. >>;

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    I can't believe this is really happening. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Ok, I'm done. I like how the starters follow you, I always like that about Yellow. Even though it's hard to hear in the video, the music of New Bark Town sound simply grand. It's gonna be a long ~9 months untill relase.

The Red Chain

Who would've thought the Yellow feature would ever return? I thought for sure they chucked that idea for good.. Nintendo sure loves to surprise us fans huh?
    Maybe soon they will show us what Cyndaquil and Totodile look like when they are following you.
    Anyways, I'm pretty happy they brought this feature back, as I'm sure most Pokemon fans are.
    It was pretty cute to have Pikachu follow you in the old days~

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yeah, Jake and I discussed weather too. We're both hoping for rain, wind, perhaps some strong storms in the new areas, etc.

Like Olivine City with storms for the lighthouse to be used. 8D

I also hope it's not like Platinum where they gave snow to Twinleaf and nothing to the other cities and areas. >>;

Very true. The lightning and thunderstorm would give a lot of effect to the lighthouse.

The starter following you has already given a great start to the game.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    SILVER'S IN! YAY
    Haha, I as afraid they might change the chracters but they didn't.
    And starters follow the player. This is more than I hopted already. I'd wish that other Pokemon could follow the player though.
    Did anyone notice that chikorita kept on walking even when Gold stopped? But it doesn't matter. The next important thing I'd like to kow is if they include Kanto now. But if they wanna stick to the original they will...
    Looks very promising.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I hope that the starter following you business isn't just for the first part of the game. =/ But we shall see, and even a little bit >>>>>>>>>> none at all.

Wind! Weather effects reign supreme!

Years
    This game is definitely looking good from what I'm seeing.

Here's what I think of it so far:
    -Professor Elm's lab doesn't look much like a lab, but then again, it didn't look much like a lab in the original games either. Those stairs are quite interesting - maybe Elm's lab will have a second floor in this game?
    -The artwork of the starters is... totally sweet. It's about time the Johto starters got new artwork. I wonder if their evolved forms will also be redrawn in this style?
    -The fact that the starters follow you... now that is awesome on so many levels. I liked having your Pokemon follow you in Amity Square in D/P/Pl, but I was kind of annoyed that only certain Pokemon were allowed in.

I'll be sure to check back at this topic often for more news! :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    These news are really suprising, and has kept me thinking constantly.

The second stairs has gotten me interested as well. It could possibly not be accessible until after you've gotten the National Dex, or for some new feature of the sort.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    This is bloody epic. I'm so getting this when it is released
    I'll get both the Japanese and English

First time I beat Pokemon Gold it was in Japanese. And I only had to use a guide for certain parts. (The Sodowoodo part comes to mind)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    BeachBoy just pointed this out to me since I didn't see the video more than once (and after the first time I was so pumped I noticed none of the details), but the sign wasn't kidding when it said New Bark Town was the town where winds of new beginnings blow. (Look at the video to see what I mean.)
    Yeah, that is a neat thing.

Hmm...the wind blows to the north-east... I know a certain Pokemon league that is in that direction too. XD Yeah I'm taking things out of nowhere, I know, but I can't help what I think. =P

Hopefully this means better weather effects elsewhere as well. Ah, this is exciting stuff.

The stairs and the 2nd level might just mean a bigger lab though. We shall see!

And I recall the NPC standing there looking around in the videos to be based on a similarly-postioned female NPC in GSC.... (one which stopped you from leaving the town without a Pokemon)... -_-

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    I can't wait to hear the remixes of Route 27, SS Aqua, Silver's Theme, and so much more...

That would just be pal park plus the time machine thing was just kinda bleh
    Somehow, I doubt that they would need Pal Park to import Pokemon from Kanto (considering Johto and Kanto border each other directly).

Last edited:

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Why am I capped? D: I wanna watch these videos. This game keeps having less chance of being a let down. I can't wait :D

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Not too sure if the music beats the old stuff, but it is hard to hear it because they keep shouting loudly. >_< The main part one can hear, but some of the undertone-y stuff isn't as easy.

I'd say it's a touch slower paced as well, the music, than before.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    I can't wait to hear the remixes of Route 27, SS Aqua, Silver's Theme, and so much more...

Somehow, I doubt that they would need Pal Park to import Pokemon from Kanto (considering Johto and Kanto border each other directly).
    what about hoenn and the legendaries there of? given that they could just be traded from D/P/Pt but its still a needed function in case you havent sent your pokemon to your other game so you would either have to have two DS handhelds or trade globally with everyone I'm not saying its of utter importance given that this would stimulate GTS trading further though the time machine isn't needed either

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    What about when your starter evolves? It wouldn't be like yellow where Pikachu doesn't accept the stone. Would you be able to have like Typhlosion following you? O: lol

Back