• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokémon Sunday's big reveal (10th May) - discussion

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    The music is so pretty :D Can't wait for more screenies.
    Btw, I laughed like hell at the clapping chimchar, don't know why, though.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I really love how they remixed the NewBark Town theme. Putting it at a slower tempo fits the whole peaceful countryside atmosphere that NewBark Town eludes.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I have been waiting for this for around 10 years.

I haven't been so excited with a game announcement in a loooooong time XD

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    If my Typhlosion follows me around... <3
    That's probably very unlikely. It seems the Pokemon only follow you around before they evolved, or at least in their second stage. It is very unlikely that they'll follow you around in their final stage but, I've been wrong about these things before.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It would seem like the starter would only follow you around up to Mr. Pokemon's house. Someone elsewhere speculated that since the starter Pokemon isn't the player's yet until after returning to New Bark Town after the first rival battle, it would remain outside of the Pokeball just to "accompany" the player. Elm gives the player the starter just for the Mr. Pokemon errand originally

So, perhaps now in HG/SS, the starter just follows the player up to Mr. Pokemon's house to show that it's not quite the player's yet. Then, once the Pokemon becomes the player's after the first rival battle, it goes into the Pokeball because it's finally the player's. Maybe? o_O

I dunno. But it just seems kind of unlikely that the starter will follow the player around throughout the game. (Which is kind of disappointing.)

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    It would seem like the starter would only follow you around up to Mr. Pokemon's house. Someone elsewhere speculated that since the starter Pokemon isn't the player's yet until after returning to New Bark Town after the first rival battle, it would remain outside of the Pokeball just to "accompany" the player. Elm gives the player the starter just for the Mr. Pokemon errand originally

So, perhaps now in HG/SS, the starter just follows the player up to Mr. Pokemon's house to show that it's not quite the player's yet. Then, once the Pokemon becomes the player's after the first rival battle, it goes into the Pokeball because it's finally the player's. Maybe? o_O

I dunno. But it just seems kind of unlikely that the starter will follow the player around throughout the game. (Which is kind of disappointing.)

That is very logical. I guess you're right. That makes sense in every single point.

Ivysaur

Years
    Still, you could go on a training craze and evolve it during that time (I used to do it with Cyndaquil). I guess it will only work during the "baby" stage of the starter, but I'd love to see my Thyploshion walking with me :D

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Still, you could go on a training craze and evolve it during that time (I used to do it with Cyndaquil). I guess it will only work during the "baby" stage of the starter, but I'd love to see my Thyploshion walking with me :D
    I wanna know though. If Typhlosion does stay out of its ball how idiotic can things get? Seriously I mean team rocket grunts going to you saying huh you don't look to strong while you have a 6 foot fire coming out of its neck Pokemon makes serious lollage material. XD
    Anyway maybe elm goes hey look your Pokemon seems to have grown akin to you! So much that it wants to be by your side all the time.

Ivysaur

Years
    I wanna know though. If Typhlosion does stay out of its ball how idiotic can things get? Seriously I mean team rocket grunts going to you saying huh you don't look to strong while you have a 6 foot fire coming out of its neck Pokemon makes serious lollage material. XD

XDD Well, that would be worth the money you will pay for the game itself XD

Nah, we'll see a lot of restrictions on the "be followed by the starter"... but that would be so damn awesome XD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    XDD Well, that would be worth the money you will pay for the game itself XD

Nah, we'll see a lot of restrictions on the "be followed by the starter"... but that would be so damn awesome XD
    Yeah true oh well. It just makes me laugh at how things could work out if it was that way. Just wondering though. if it does allow you to keep it out think interaction like pikachu would happen?

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Blarghhh!

I don't know what starter to pick, they're all so beastly. [You may be wondering that I have a cyndaquil avvy + user but I really don't know]

I hope the starter following doesn't stay for the whole game. Although it is cool, it is sloooow.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

Maybe it will be this way (and I think it could), but as I mentioned before, there is the fact that if they go this way, one could train their starter enough to evolve it, and then if that happens... well, that makes things confusing then. We will have to wait and see though.

Arrgh the fact that the rival is back for sure and therefore the small chance that he wasn't has been ruled out still remains awesome. =D

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Wow, I'm looking forward to it.
    It will be dissapointing if the starter doesn't follow you for the whole game..
    If it does, I won't be evolving my Cyndaquil, so i can have the cute little critter by my side all the time.
    But, the screenshots look epic.

Years
    I almost squealed out loud seeing this(I laughed at the giant Chimchar in the video XD). Especially at the Pokemon following you, even if it's not likely to stay out for the whole game. Which would be a shame.

Back