• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon that are better unevolved

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Torracat.

Also likes Naclstack, Dolliv, Ivysaur, Seadra, Purrloin, Tympole, and Fletchinder notably more than their later evolutions. Says some due to being good forms as-is and others due to bad final forms.

Years
    • Seen today
    For their look? there's quite a few I prefer unevolved:

Meowth, Dragonair, Combusken, Vigoroth, Vanillite, Torracat, all Galar starters, Floragato, Quaxwell, and Finizen to name some.

But there's one Pokémon I prefer over its evolution not just for visual but also gameplay reasons: Porygon2.

Years
  • Torracat, Shieldon, Vanillish, Tynamo, Bunnelby, Skwovet, Yamper and Rhydon.

Also Vigoroth is the only of it's line not plagued by Truant and can be decent early on.

Years
    • Seen today
    Poliwhirl, Rhydon, Electabuzz, Vigoroth, Dusclops, Yamper, and Alolan Meowth. Most of them for aesthetic reasons, but for Vigoroth and Dusclops also in battle.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I definitely prefer my Pokémon evolved, but if I had to choose which Pokémon is better unevolved, it would be Vigoroth. Even though Slaking is extremely powerful, its Ability Truant really hurts it. It's the only Pokémon that I can think of right now. In terms of design, Torchic is the ultimate winner for me. Even though I love this line, Torchic is so cute, I really hate having to evolve it.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Aesthetic wise: Scyther (for Scizor, I do think Kleavor is on par tho), Yamper, Murkrow (still love Honchkrow tho!), Rolycoly, and Kirlia (I prefer Gardevoir to Kirlia but prefer Kirlia to Gallade) off the top of my head.

Back