• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The Ruby Dagger Murders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Wow, this script it look very good !
That way to buy your pkmn truth?
good idea ...
And what's good solrock and lunatone is very mysterious, like having the history, I will be watching from time to time to see how the hack ..

All look good!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Here are some screenshots for everyone:

DadsLetter.png
ErinShocked.png

Determination.png
PlumTown.png

OntheBridge.png
ChinchouLevelUp.png

dshayabusa and I rewrote the scripts that lead up to you receiving your Pokemon. Also, two of the screenshots give you a glimpse at Plum Town and the adjacent Plum Forest that are currently being worked on. You can also see Chinchou's stats (along with the other starters), have been updated slightly. I may of overpowered them a bit, so there will probably be adjustments on that front.

Currently trying to figure out PET and some other weird errors.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Wonderful screen shots Britney. :)

One question: If Sabrina is your mom, you are going to add the walking sprites to her, right? Or does she stand there for certain scripts, and when you goto another area or into a house, she's back inside yours?

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
No, that's the "professor" character of the game. Her name is Erica and she is your family's maid. However, her role in your father's disappearance is greater than it first appears and she becomes a major player in the story of the game.

And she walks back inside after giving you your Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
Cool stuff, If i may i have a question. I didnt see it but are you adding any D/P pokemon specifically the two new evee evolutions? I love them XD. Anyway I an a begining mapper if you want any help with that to.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I may include a few (Skuntank, Bronzong, Tangrowth come to mind). No Eeveelutions though. I'm honestly going to make Eevee an Easter Egg, hidden event that's very difficult to find. The abuse of Eevee in so many ROM hacks is astounding. I'd rather focus on the other, more ignored Pokemon (aka my starters).

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah, the new screenshots looks good!
You use a texbox based in dp? :)
I like this textbox..

One question, you changed the tiles? or paletes?

Well is soo good :)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
I love a hack with a good original story.

Any hack whose story isn't "Defeat Team X and Rival Y while fighting Gym Leaders in order to take on the Pokemon League" is good in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
shouldn't it be "the" instead of "these" in this screenshot
Determination.png
"The" would specify police as a whole in this scenario and isn't really specific. "These" (or "those") would represent a select group of the police rather than all police everywhere or any police. If I said "the flowers have died" you would ask "which ones?" but if I said "these flowers have died"..well you get the idea.

The sentence you pointed out is grammatically correct as is.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
Years
Nice screenshots. So I'm guessing that you (the protagonist) is not supposed to find that "note"? But still does?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
"The" would specify police as a whole in this scenario and isn't really specific. "These" (or "those") would represent a select group of the police rather than all police everywhere or any police. If I said "the flowers have died" you would ask "which ones?" but if I said "these flowers have died"..well you get the idea.

The sentence you pointed out is grammatically correct as is.

I think 'the' is more appropriate.
"These police seem..." is wrong in grammar...
If we need to use these, then it should be like this,
"These police officers seem..."

And besides, these is used if you are close to the thing/person, and if they're far, you should use 'those'...

Off topic here, and I'm aware of it... :(

Anyways, so you're using the 'ignored' POKéMON, huh?
Sounds cool, and I hope you'll include Dunsparce here, too. :D
Dunsparce's my fav. normal type... :P

Also, I like the way we can have our starter. :)

Well, best of luck~

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
If we need to use these, then it should be like this,
"These police officers seem..."
Hmm.. true. But "officers" is a bit too formal for casual conversation.

How about "Those policemen just seem so.."?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
No, that's the "professor" character of the game. Her name is Erica and she is your family's maid. However, her role in your father's disappearance is greater than it first appears and she becomes a major player in the story of the game.

And she walks back inside after giving you your Pokemon.
Er, isn't it Erin? D:

And what happened to the purple roofs in Plum Town?
Er, thats all I've got to say for now.
Yeah this post is pretty useless.

EDIT: Did you want every instance of Pokemon to be Pokémon? I forgot to ask you this yesterday.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Yeah it's Erin. I keep confusing it because we're using the Erica sprite for her at the moment. Also, the "the vs these" thing. The character is talking about the specific police at their compound at the moment. And I don't know what happened to the purple roofs in Plum Town. I didn't do anything with them and didn't notice anything changed until you said something. Also, new screen shot:

StoneBridge.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well, the new screen shoot look good, is an a mountain map really?
It's so good:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back