• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018
Tate and Liza, along with other double battles cause crashes every now and then. The reasoning is unknown, and doesn't always happen. Although, most people have reported their Gardevoir is the culprit. If possible, avoid facing two trainers at once when possible.

Or have a Gardevoir with Synchronize as its ability, because those crashes occur with Trace Gardevoir if I remember correctly.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Or have a Gardevoir with Synchronize as its ability, because those crashes occur with Trace Gardevoir if I remember correctly.

I used a Garvevoir on my team, and it had trace. I never had issues when using it.

The complete list of issues/freezes I encountered were...

[Medium] Bug: In a double battle against two separate trainers, if one of the trainers has no usable PKMN left and the other has only one and decides to use Volt switch or U turn, the game sends out a Missingno, but has the stats and cry of one of their PKMN. It's killable, but has zero HP and game doesn't recognize it until you attack it. (Fix: None, at the moment)

Bug: Using the moves Drain Kiss and Electro Ball, cause the game to hang, but NOT freeze. (Fix: Set Battle animations to OFF. Note: This disables most animations, like the mega evolution. It will still work, but won't show the animation)

Freeze: Randomly, certain Double battles, especially the 7th gym leader, may cause the game to freeze upon switching in Pokemon. Many have reported it to be the Gardevoir Tate and Liza use, but no consistent evidence has yet proven what the culprit is. (Fix: When possible, avoid double battles, or battle them one at a time instead of having them both walk up to you)

[Medium] Bug: Using the Battle Frontier, Tent, or doing linked battles between two flash cards cause a LOT of issues, such as losing ALL TM's, including the ability to collect further one's, having the main item back being replaced with an insane number of Max Repels and Max ethers, and will take up essentially all available slots.

Bug: Rayquaza's Ability text is glitched, and takes a little longer to display, but both the PKMN and its ability work as intended.

Just try to avoid using ANY codes, use the pre-patched game, and don't do drugs kids.

If anyone has anything else to add, be my guest.

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
I wonder if copycat caused the game to crash due to trying to copy a move from bidoof. Since bidoof switched in and didn't use a move, the game didn't know how to handle it. Was copycat a 4th gen move? If so, it may have not been thoroughly tested in the emerald battle engine.

Also, I play on a flashcard, and can't use savestates, it uses a special save type and size, and doesn't support save states. If someone can test it through vba, they may be able to figure out what happened.

Also, check all 14 boxes for bad eggs. If even one exists, I would start a fresh save.

Do you have Gen 6 and 7 gym leader and elite four plus champion's resource?

Panda Face

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
I used a Garvevoir on my team, and it had trace. I never had issues when using it.

The complete list of issues/freezes I encountered were...

[Medium] Bug: In a double battle against two separate trainers, if one of the trainers has no usable PKMN left and the other has only one and decides to use Volt switch or U turn, the game sends out a Missingno, but has the stats and cry of one of their PKMN. It's killable, but has zero HP and game doesn't recognize it until you attack it. (Fix: None, at the moment)

Bug: Using the moves Drain Kiss and Electro Ball, cause the game to hang, but NOT freeze. (Fix: Set Battle animations to OFF. Note: This disables most animations, like the mega evolution. It will still work, but won't show the animation)

Freeze: Randomly, certain Double battles, especially the 7th gym leader, may cause the game to freeze upon switching in Pokemon. Many have reported it to be the Gardevoir Tate and Liza use, but no consistent evidence has yet proven what the culprit is. (Fix: When possible, avoid double battles, or battle them one at a time instead of having them both walk up to you)

[Medium] Bug: Using the Battle Frontier, Tent, or doing linked battles between two flash cards cause a LOT of issues, such as losing ALL TM's, including the ability to collect further one's, having the main item back being replaced with an insane number of Max Repels and Max ethers, and will take up essentially all available slots.

Bug: Rayquaza's Ability text is glitched, and takes a little longer to display, but both the PKMN and its ability work as intended.

Just try to avoid using ANY codes, use the pre-patched game, and don't do drugs kids.

If anyone has anything else to add, be my guest.

Do you know how to change the maximum level cap from 100 to 250?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Do you know how to change the maximum level cap from 100 to 250?
Dizzy made it possible about a year ago for emerald. It's incredibly simple. Just look for it under his signature.

For fire red, you need a hex editor. There's a thread somewhere under tools, tutorials and resources.

For Gen 1 and 2, including Prism, look for the source code and change the Max_Level from 100 to whatever you want. Then, compile the rom.

Anything Gen 4+ as of today isn't possible.

Panda Face

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
Dizzy made it possible about a year ago for emerald. It's incredibly simple. Just look for it under his signature.

For fire red, you need a hex editor. There's a thread somewhere under tools, tutorials and resources.

For Gen 1 and 2, including Prism, look for the source code and change the Max_Level from 100 to whatever you want. Then, compile the rom.

Anything Gen 4+ as of today isn't possible.
How to change the level cap in emerald?

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2023
I can't get the patch to work no matter what. I tried various ROMS and different patchers as well, but the game always starts up glitched and then crashes.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2018
I can't get the patch to work no matter what. I tried various ROMS and different patchers as well, but the game always starts up glitched and then crashes.

I think I'm having the same problem, looks like this before fading into black screen:

Spoiler:

The base ROM plays fine so I don't think it's the problem.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024

I would recommend searching the off site pre patched rom. It'll be from 2-27 and works flawlessly.

I think I'm having the same problem, looks like this before fading into black screen:

Spoiler:

The base ROM plays fine so I don't think it's the problem.

See above quote.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
I'm having issues in game trading and was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I'm using visual boy advance 1.8 and am able to get all the way to the trading screen and when it gets to the popup that said "is this trade okay?" it will only show up on one of the screens and when i hit yes it will say communication but never pop up on the other screen. Any ideas?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 27, 2018
Admittedly, I love this hack. It's amazing. And it's generally the first time I'm trying to actually complete a pokedex. There are two pokemon that I am stuck on an it's super intense. Lapras and Aerodactyl... If anyone at all could help me out, I'd be super appreciative! Thanks!

Panda Face

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
Hi, LC, can you help me ask someone to translate my hack into English version? My hack has two region with 807 Pokemons. When the official Gen 8 released, I will probably consider to ask you replace me continue to renew my hack.

Back