• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Only normal Pikachu is available.
Not Alola nor Cosplay Pikachu.

There is no such thing as an Alolan Form Pikachu. You must either mean Alolan Raichu or the Ash Cap Pikachu Forms, which, like you said, do not appear in the game.

I don't quite understand why Cosplay Pikachu is not available, since it appears in the game.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
There is no such thing as an Alolan Form Pikachu. You must either mean Alolan Raichu or the Ash Cap Pikachu Forms, which, like you said, do not appear in the game.

I don't quite understand why Cosplay Pikachu is not available, since it appears in the game.
Spoiler:

My bad, I meant Alola Raichu.
Hopefully, Cosplay Pikachu will be available later.

Hopefully.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted anything on here. It's actually been a while since I actually lurked on here. From time to time I do, but not too often since I work a full time job and I tend to be too tired to Pokémon hack. But, something else came up that made me come back. If you haven't seen on my Facebook...my mom passed away this morning. My family and myself are devastated. In fact, last night, I've never cried so hard in my entire life. Why am I saying all of this? Well, the thing is, there's a good reason for that. You see, before my mom got really sick and had to be sent to the hospital, she and I would sit in the living room, her on her computer and me on my laptop. We didn't talk too much, but she told me that she liked it when I was there with her. The last version of Theta Emerald EX was made when she was still alive. Does this mean that I'm quitting?

No.

In fact, this is motivating me to recreate Theta Emerald. I've heard the complaints, and I've ignored them for too long. I'm so so sorry to anyone I pissed off for anything I did on this website, or romhack.me. Kind of random to say, but I think it needs to be said. Have I acted immature, yes I have. I apologize wholeheartedly. I have decided to continue Pokémon ROM hacking to the best that i can. Remember, I work 40 hours a week (Gotta make them dolla dolla bills), and i have real life implications as well. Plus, i Loooooooooove Ultra Moon, it's really good to be honest. So, I'm kind of, sort of back. Just not as much as I was a few months back. I'll have to think about what I want within this new iteration of my game, and plan out what I want within the game. Alright, that's it. I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and I hope to release some details when I get a chance. Later! -LC

DarioEMeloD

Casual Trainer
Years
Man I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences. But you know, when life hits you hard, you gotta hit back harder, so kudos on not giving up. I'm sure she'd be proud.

Also I'll keep an eye on this hack, haven't played Emerald in years now and this has a lot of cool stuff, sound like a great way to get back into it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hey LCC, I'm also for loss of words. I'm sorry your Mom passed. That alone would have caused enough stress for me to take a break. I'm still playing your hack and have like 300 hours in it (6 Pokemon at level 147 not a single rare candy lol) I'm sure we can all bare to wait. It's not your duty to continue the hack but it IS my favorite so far. Again, sorry for your loss. Family definitely comes first.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2019
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted anything on here. It's actually been a while since I actually lurked on here. From time to time I do, but not too often since I work a full time job and I tend to be too tired to Pokémon hack. But, something else came up that made me come back. If you haven't seen on my Facebook...my mom passed away this morning. My family and myself are devastated. In fact, last night, I've never cried so hard in my entire life. Why am I saying all of this? Well, the thing is, there's a good reason for that. You see, before my mom got really sick and had to be sent to the hospital, she and I would sit in the living room, her on her computer and me on my laptop. We didn't talk too much, but she told me that she liked it when I was there with her. The last version of Theta Emerald EX was made when she was still alive. Does this mean that I'm quitting?

No.

In fact, this is motivating me to recreate Theta Emerald. I've heard the complaints, and I've ignored them for too long. I'm so so sorry to anyone I pissed off for anything I did on this website, or romhack.me. Kind of random to say, but I think it needs to be said. Have I acted immature, yes I have. I apologize wholeheartedly. I have decided to continue Pokémon ROM hacking to the best that i can. Remember, I work 40 hours a week (Gotta make them dolla dolla bills), and i have real life implications as well. Plus, i Loooooooooove Ultra Moon, it's really good to be honest. So, I'm kind of, sort of back. Just not as much as I was a few months back. I'll have to think about what I want within this new iteration of my game, and plan out what I want within the game. Alright, that's it. I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and I hope to release some details when I get a chance. Later! -LC

Deep condolences from all of us, your fans, may your mother rest in peace.
I hope you are doing allright in real life too...
Carry on, keep moving forward, chasing your dreams...

gail

Having no limitation as limitation
Years
Dude u r one of my favourite pokemon hackers.I am deeply sorry about what happened and I hope u find the strenth to move on in ur life

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I'm saddened to hear this happened to you, no-one should ever have to feel the pain of losing a loved one, it does hurt and although it's a cliche to say, time will heal it. I've been following this hack since its birth and its always been one to watch, there has been a lot of bad things said on both sides and not all of it was just. I appreciate your drive to want to finish it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I'm having an issue that I'm hoping someone (dev or non-dev) can help me with.

I'm trying to get link battles working with VBA Link. I can get both players into the battle room just fine, but when I try to start the battle, the game gets stuck at the "VS" screen while the music is still playing. The opponent's Pokeball icons also appear to indicate that they have no Pokemon with them, seen here:

Spoiler:

Does anyone with experience with the game or VBA Link know why it won't let me connect? I know that I am doing the right steps because I tried the same setup with vanilla Fire Red and I was able to link battle just fine.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2017
I am new here. Can anyone please help me to use this hack? How can I play it? Please help.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018

you obviously don't need an internet rando to say this but take all the time you need, man. i havent posted much since you and azurile went inactive/less active (i love me some 721+) but i wanted to say this is really big and mature of you. condolences, dude.

i hope nothing i said earlier in the thread was too rude, the only reason i ever made suggestions/complaints is you're one of the very few people who has the ambition to make a hack like this, theta emerald has always been on the bleeding-edge of the hack scene. i come off as terse sometimes but you're rad and your hack is rad.
i do hope you keep working and eventually update this, but for now you should take time for yourself. enjoy Ultra Moon, catch some Literally-My-Mom's-Brick-Walls and Literally-Purple-Beedrills, the game is fun as hell

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
I am new here. Can anyone please help me to use this hack? How can I play it? Please help.
You can search Theta emerald ex by google, someone has already uploaded rom in another website.

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2022
I remember LC said two region with Gen 1-3 Pokemon or one region with Gen 1-7 Pokemon, which is the final decision?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
i spent about 3 hours getting rare pokemon (up to new mauvile) and when mime jr used copycat, my game looks permanently frozen. i'm an idiot and forgot to use save states, am i screwed?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
i spent about 3 hours getting rare pokemon (up to new mauvile) and when mime jr used copycat, my game looks permanently frozen. i'm an idiot and forgot to use save states, am i screwed?
Hm, that's weird. Copycat isn't a bugged move, nor has it been reported. Have you used any cheats? Can you describe the battle scenerio? Double battles can sometimes cause freezes.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I remember LC said two region with Gen 1-3 Pokemon or one region with Gen 1-7 Pokemon, which is the final decision?

The poll still has Gen 1-7 PKMN with the lead vote. I don't think LC made an announcement yet though.

Back