• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 20, 2019
Guys I've been on this active a lot cause I've been addicted I'm sorry for bothering ?????? but I checked where to get all the items and the lucarionite has to be won I guess in the contest hall but I believe mine freezes what can I do? Or is there any other way. Thanks for your time

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 22, 2018
Guys help, when I try to patch Pokemon Emerald rom it says "the patch doesn't match the file", and if I set the option "ignore" to "if file is invalid", the patched rom stucks in a white screen

Galexio

Pokémon Professor Assistant
Years
To the guys who want me to use Pokemon Essentials to do a Pokemon game from the ground up instead of Pokemon hacking, where is the most current starter kit that has data up to gen 7?
First of all, let me say how much I admire the work you have put in to improve Emerald. Emerald is my favorite game, and I always envisioned someone overhauling it to make it more fun. I mean it sincerely: bravo.

Short answer: yes.
The long answer is that many of us are looking for the holy grail, that is, as feature-packed as possible, multiple regions, removing trade evolution limitations, alola variants, etc etc.
I know that with ROMs, you can only edit so much. I don't have experience with Pkmn Essentials, but if PE has the potential for the holy grail, then that'd be awesome.
Also, do you know if PE allows for GameShark codes for Master ball and rare candy? I'm asking for... educational purposes.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
1. I found a bug. I caught about 12 Wurmple, trying to get a Beautifly. They all evolved into Cascoon. This is statistically impossible.

2. Do you have a list of wild Pokémon and where to catch them?

3. Will you add abilities to Pokémon that they get in later generations? For example, Drought Ninetales, Drizzle Pelipper, Speed Boost Blaziken.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
1. I found a bug. I caught about 12 Wurmple, trying to get a Beautifly. They all evolved into Cascoon. This is statistically impossible.

2. Do you have a list of wild Pokémon and where to catch them?

3. Will you add abilities to Pokémon that they get in later generations? For example, Drought Ninetales, Drizzle Pelipper, Speed Boost Blaziken.

-You can get Beautiful, maybe you're unlucky with the wurmples.
-Drought Ninetales and Speedboost Torchic family are in game.

jfbata

Ghost Type Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 23, 2018
I tried the game. I visited all the maps, and I have to say I really enjoyed this game.
There are a few things to repair:
- When used, Drain Kiss bugges most part of the screen (tested in VBA with same results)
- Rayquaza's description looks like glitched
- If you are going to put all the pokemon able to catch, it's necessary to expand the amount of storage boxes (420 slots are definetly NOT ENOUGH)
- A map with all the megastones locations will be nice (as a guide, not in-game)
- There are some movements that don't have its animations (hope them for future releases)

For the rest, I have to say that's a really fresh experience. Thanks a lot!!!

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I'm really curious as to what Theta emerald will have in store for us next now that gen 7 has come in. Apparently, it's now possible to have a Z-power function in the emerald games. Hopefully that will be implemented,

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
Hi you. I played your game hack and i really love it. This is aswesome hack version i played.
I have some tips when play this game:
+ Frisk Ability are perfect in game ( Phantump, Shuppet, Pumpkaboo...). you can steal some good hold item, money item with Covet or Thief moves.
+ Synchronize Ability work good too( Xatu, Ralt,Elgyem...) you can use it to catch Pokemon with perfect Nature.
+ False Swipe move make you hit pokemon but not KO them ( 1HP only). When you combo with effect move ( Sleep, para..), it's easy to catch.
+ PIckup Ability, work to good, get a lot item help you in game.
+ Exp share are share all exp to your team. If you dont wanna it, store it into pc.
+ Lum Berry can get in lilicove city when you talk Mr. Berry old man 9 days.
And i have some error and mechanic in the game, i hope you can fix it:
+ Big Error
- Some time i lost all TM/HM item, pokedex when i play Battle Frontier. I can't fix it except save data back.
+ Mechanic:
- Some TM easy to get. This make to boring, like hold item.
- Egg move is't enough, this like Ferroseed don't have Leech Seed, Spike. Aron don't have endevor.....
- Hiden Ability not work. i can't find Swift Swim Poliwag, Prankster Sableye, Techcian Breeloom.
- Money to hard for get. I hope you can increase rate Nutget Gold on Grimer or respawn rate.
- Some zone have all pokemon Evs like HP, ATK....

Pokemon Master JJDD

Pokemon Master JJDD
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 3, 2018
Can you make greninja turn to greninja. Instead of using Battle Bond as an ability to change greninja, can you please make it like mega evolution, without the use of stone. Just like how rayquaza evolve to mega rayquaza. When frogadier evolvesnto greninja, it can already turn to ash greninja. Now the ability depends on you now. I think it will be awesome

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
when I am in a battle this happens

Attachments

• Screenshot (112).png
    Screenshot (112).png
    26 KB · Views: 59
Years
  • Age 57
  • Seen Apr 8, 2018
My game is stuck mid-battle. I can't do anything in the battle but the music still plays. I last in-game saved a while back, so I don't want to right-click and reset the game. Attached is my save file. Hopefully, you can resolve this issue. Thanks!

Attachments

• 9a862cb2e23bd982d3eb201da1e30f5e.vba-nextj.sav
    716.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 31, 2018
precisa aumentar o tamanho da caixa de pokemon e de itens, os meus estão cheios, como posso dar um relatório ao tempo oficial?
Need increase the size of the Pokemon box and items, mine are full, how can I report to the official time?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 8, 2018
I need help with an error that shows everytime i use Rock Tomb, it's UNSUPPORTED ARM MODE 01, and i need to close the emulator with task manager. I tried the game on different emulators but there's the same problem and i can't continue.
Sorry for my bad english :S.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
precisa aumentar o tamanho da caixa de pokemon e de itens, os meus estão cheios, como posso dar um relatório ao tempo oficial?
Need increase the size of the Pokemon box and items, mine are full, how can I report to the official time?

Box size hasn't been expanded yet. As for your items, how many do you have currently? Your bag can hold like 200. There's not much need to increase item box size, unless you're trying to obtain all the items at once?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
Can someone explain how hidden abilities work in this Rom? I got my Torchic with speed boost in the beginning but I haven't seen another hidden ability since then. Are they a random chance on catch?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Can someone explain how hidden abilities work in this Rom? I got my Torchic with speed boost in the beginning but I haven't seen another hidden ability since then. Are they a random chance on catch?

Each Pokemon have two abilities in this hack. AFAIK, hidden abilities haven't been accomplished in Emerald mods (At least not this one)

You'll notice that Pokemon that originally only had one ability option, now have a second (if available) ability, often their hidden ability. I.e: Torchic had only one (regular) ability: Blaze. However, since he has only one slot for an ability, he was given his Speed Boost as the second slot ability.

Pokemon with two regular ability slots (Like Alakazam, Inner Focus and Synchronize) Unfortunately, it's hidden ability either doesn't exist, or replaces one of it's original ones.

Yes, they're random from the beginning of the encounter.

Back