• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
Hm, that's weird. Copycat isn't a bugged move, nor has it been reported. Have you used any cheats? Can you describe the battle scenerio? Double battles can sometimes cause freezes.

i had a shiny cheat on earlier, but i had it turned off for a while. i was grinding in route 117, wanted to catch a mime jr, and then when i switched out to a weaker pokemon (a bidoof), mime jr used copycat and my game froze. the music still plays but i can't do anything. is there any way to restore the game from there? i can send over a save state file.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
i had a shiny cheat on earlier, but i had it turned off for a while. i was grinding in route 117, wanted to catch a mime jr, and then when i switched out to a weaker pokemon (a bidoof), mime jr used copycat and my game froze. the music still plays but i can't do anything. is there any way to restore the game from there? i can send over a save state file.
I wonder if copycat caused the game to crash due to trying to copy a move from bidoof. Since bidoof switched in and didn't use a move, the game didn't know how to handle it. Was copycat a 4th gen move? If so, it may have not been thoroughly tested in the emerald battle engine.

Also, I play on a flashcard, and can't use savestates, it uses a special save type and size, and doesn't support save states. If someone can test it through vba, they may be able to figure out what happened.

Also, check all 14 boxes for bad eggs. If even one exists, I would start a fresh save.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
I wonder if copycat caused the game to crash due to trying to copy a move from bidoof. Since bidoof switched in and didn't use a move, the game didn't know how to handle it. Was copycat a 4th gen move? If so, it may have not been thoroughly tested in the emerald battle engine.

Also, I play on a flashcard, and can't use savestates, it uses a special save type and size, and doesn't support save states. If someone can test it through vba, they may be able to figure out what happened.

Also, check all 14 boxes for bad eggs. If even one exists, I would start a fresh save.

yeah, looks like copycat is a gen4 move. i didn't save til i started the game, so looks like i'll have to be grinding again. do you happen to know if pokemon modifier codes work in theta ex?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
yeah, looks like copycat is a gen4 move. i didn't save til i started the game, so looks like i'll have to be grinding again. do you happen to know if pokemon modifier codes work in theta ex?

Well, you would need to find a code for Pokes 387-721, because i don't believe anyone has tried to make a modifier for theta emerald. You could also just change them via the extended version of advanced map. It's much easier that way.

Why Tate&Liza's Gardevoir make my game freezes? Sorry for bad english
Tate and Liza, along with other double battles cause crashes every now and then. The reasoning is unknown, and doesn't always happen. Although, most people have reported their Gardevoir is the culprit. If possible, avoid facing two trainers at once when possible.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 13, 2022
Well, you would need to find a code for Pokes 387-721, because i don't believe anyone has tried to make a modifier for theta emerald. You could also just change them via the extended version of advanced map. It's much easier that way.

If you're familiar with the codebreaker codes and you have ROM patch version 27-02-17, you can use hex numbers 01B8 - 0306 in the Pokémon modifier codes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 30, 2020
Can anyone point me to the documentation people keep talking about? Or at least tell me what to do to evolve trade pokemon?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
How do i randomize this game? Ive been trying to get this dang game randomized (just the mons and trainers of course, not the items) and i just cant seem to find a way.

AND IM NOT doing it manually, hell no.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
i'll likely end up using a modifier code, but how would you use a-map to change the pokemon rates if the new pokemon aren't listed in the program?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
i'll likely end up using a modifier code, but how would you use a-map to change the pokemon rates if the new pokemon aren't listed in the program?
It will show the newer Pokemon too. If you have the hex edited version of AM, it will display the names, rates and locations. There's a tutorial floating around on how to expand AM.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 13, 2022
What modifier should I use? None seem to work with that kind of format.

Codebreaker wild pokemon modifier code is 83007CF6 xxxx, where xxxx is the hex number for the specific pokemon species. Let's say you want 447 Riolu. Then you do the following. 447+53=500. Convert 500 into hex, that's 1f4 or 01f4. So you will use 01f4 in the xxxx part of the code. Remember you have to enable the master code for the codebreaker codes to work first. Now, if the ROM you're using doesn't work with the code, get the ROM from LC's YouTube channel video mentioned earlier. It should work with that one.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
Codebreaker wild pokemon modifier code is 83007CF6 xxxx, where xxxx is the hex number for the specific pokemon species. Let's say you want 447 Riolu. Then you do the following. 447+53=500. Convert 500 into hex, that's 1f4 or 01f4. So you will use 01f4 in the xxxx part of the code. Remember you have to enable the master code for the codebreaker codes to work first. Now, if the ROM you're using doesn't work with the code, get the ROM from LC's YouTube channel video mentioned earlier. It should work with that one.
this is the master code right? i'll try it out with a different rom since it won't work with my rom or VBA
00006FA7 000A
1006AF88 0007

Back